World Cup

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Phone battery at 2%,,reckon my hairy chested exploits about that time my purloined Panamanian UH-1 HUEY chopper crashed in the triple canopy jungle when the fuel tank I'd SPIKED with a 5th of JIM BEAM decieded to stop sharing with that thirsty turbo fan engine,,,Y'all are missing out on that one,,,o_O
giphy.gif

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't like soccer as most know from my posts. I don't find it exciting and the players are so dramatic you'd think they broke eight bones every time someone touches them. If they gave out penalty kicks for flopping the scores would be like 20-18 instead of 2-3.

All that said....being in Belgium this week and seeing the national pride, flags everywhere, the city was shut down for the past few hours, there was an electricity in the air, and now they are wild in the streets...it has been fabulous! The entire city just erupted at each goal, there wasn't a place in the country where you would NOT have heard the roar with each Belgium goal.

Believe or not I stopped and watched the game. I'll admit I don't fully understand it and I don't know any of the players or anything. I can't fully appreciate great soccer skills honestly and the broadcast I watched was in Dutch which i don't speak. That said, I will say that the Belgium goalie was amazing!

Well played World Cup, well played.
And well played Belgium!

True story. I almost got attacked for saying something close to this to a soccer fan where I work. He said it was tougher than the NFL football because "you wear pads over here in your football."

Oh no you didn't.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
True story. I almost got attacked for saying something close to this to a soccer fan where I work. He said it was tougher than the NFL football because "you wear pads over here in your football."

Oh no you didn't.
"Soccer" s a far better game if we are being honest and with CTE it imho overtakes football in the next 10-15 years but at no point is "soccer" a more physical game than football.

Football gives you a helmet which is essentially a weapon and you aim it directly at other people's heads.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
By the time the next WC rolls around it will have been 2 decades straight of Euro champs
No mate it will be 16 years.
Brazil won it in 2002 and were Champs until 2006.
This will be a very impressive 4th straight win for Europe but 4 winners is 16 years.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

Oh no you didn't.

You can’t even compare the sports in any way.

I think most nfl players would be gassed after 30 minuets in soccer. Constant running. Doesn’t ever stop.

But most soccer players would get their bones crunched up playing American football.