World Cup

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Keep in mind he said, "By the time the next WC rolls around it will have been 2 decades". Next Cup is in 2022. That's exactly 2 decades.
again mate it's just math. You win and are champs for 4 years. 4 winners is 16 years. 2002-2006 was the Brazil title reign.
it is accurate to say 20 years since last WC Finals win but not 20 years without a champion.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I am pulling for Croatia maninly because they were my dark horse to win this thing but also I want to see an entertaining semis with England. The only thing I am worry about is what Croatia team is going to show up. Hopefully not the one who played Denmark.

Bigdog

Reaction score
If France wins this whole thing I don't think it will be good for American soccer. The high ups in the US Soccer Federation will say we tied the WC champs on their soil with our young B team and say we are not that far off ala Jerry Jones feelings when our Cowboys beat the Eagles 6-0 this year, lol.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Let-off for Russia, Croatia are now bossing the game.
C'mon Russia, hold on and force extra time, 30 more minutes in the legs for England's next opponent.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Absolutely agree. Not even secondary athletes trend towards soccer. It's almost considered a novelty sport here.

I take issue with this because growing up poor myself, so poor that all we had to do was find a basketball, a run down court with no nets or chains that were half off and play all day. From sun up to sunset.

We are on the same page here. I love the sport, but this is the one thing that aggravates me the most. Everyone knows it's a foul, get the hell up and stop playing the sissy to draw a card. Anytime an American football player rolls around in agony you know he's either out for the game or the season. These guys get right up and continue playing. Until they start getting penalized for it, it will continue.

Exactly. Rub some dirt on it, get up and keep playing. The need to do what the NBA did and start penalizing player for flopping.

And at least you grew up poor. I grew up po. We couldn't afford the last two letters.

Last edited: