World Cup

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yeah, that makes me sick, just thinking of France winning.

Family-Guy-Vomit.gif

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
France-Belgium got all the hype and was exciting in its own right but this was the semifinals match to watch.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I like Les Bleus playing for the championship on the fete nationals (Bastille Day) but will not count out a determined, skilled, and battle tested Croatian squad. They have shown incredible fortitude and resilience.

Londonboy

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH
O.K signing off now. lest I say something that'll get Me banned.
I'll check back when I'm sober.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I'm a long time soccer fan but probably still don't have an eye for the nuances of the game, flow, strategies employed, etc but what the heck happened here?

England looked dominant to start and then they started standing around, playing kickball and Croatia seemed to take over, control the ball and show far more energy. I wasn't surprised in the slightest they won.

England missed a TON of chances on goal in the early going too

Am I seeing things?

aria

Reaction score
I'm a long time soccer fan but probably still don't have an eye for the nuances of the game, flow, strategies employed, etc but what the heck happened here?

England looked dominant to start and then they started standing around, playing kickball and Croatia seemed to take over, control the ball and show far more energy. I wasn't surprised in the slightest they won.

Am I seeing things?
Same here but it reminded me of some hockey coaches. Hitchcock used to do it all the time with Stars and it would drive me insane. The Stars would be dominating, get the lead, and then just start playing all defense and kt would result in a shooting gallery for the other team which led to them scoring almost every time. It was the most idiotic coaching I have ever seen.

Almost like if a football team is killing another team and takes their foot of the gas in the second half by just running and punting while the other team continues to move the ball quickly through the air, eventually they keep scoring and catch up.

I’m not sure if that’s what happened here but it sure seemed like it.

Ren

Reaction score
Just not gonna happen for England ever, I feel for their fans they're some of the most passionate fans in the sport, that said...

Boy do i love the English media meltdown every time they get knocked out of a tournament, they hype them up way beyond their talent only to turn on them in the most brutal fashion

Londonboy

Reaction score
Looking forward to England-Belgium on Sat
2nd time the England and Belgium reserves play each other in a match that neither side cares about.
The WC 3rd place playoff has gotta be the most pointless fixture in all of sports.
A 90 minute kick in the guts depression-fest reminder that We lost the Semi-Final (and We may even get ET, for an extra 30 minutes of gloom and despondency), try to imagine Da 'Boys losing in the NFC Champ game and then playing the AFC Champ Game loser the following week, how excited would You be about that game?
Only the fact that July is the sporting dead zone and Super-League Netball is probably the only other sport on T.V will make Me watch.

Londonboy

Reaction score

Am I seeing things?
We ran the game in the 1st half, totally dominated the midfield.
2nd half We reverted to type, stopped passing the ball and just lumped it up the pitch, what followed was depressingly familiar.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
The fact that the World Cup takes place only every 4 years is a big part of what makes it special. The fact that it takes place only every 4 years makes the day after you get knocked out horribly empty and depressing. I'm not sure if it's better or worse that it's nobodies fault but ours that we are out. Should have been out of sight by half time.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
For all England dominated the first half their only shot on target was a free kick in the 5th minute (unless stones header was creeping in but I'm not convinced and the stat guys didn't think so) whereas pickford made a few good/great saves, Croatia hit the post and should have had a penalty just before half-time.
England looked really dangerous when they were playing long balls for sterling to exploit his pace against lovren and vida but that aside the better team clearly won.