World Cup

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Don't underestimate Croatia they are going to win on Sunday. France will choked it away like they always do. Croatia midfield which is superior to France will control the game and provide service to their forwards. Croatia defense is actually pretty good which will limit French chances.
I think France wins 2-0.
Too much overall talent and speed.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Don't underestimate Croatia they are going to win on Sunday. France will choked it away like they always do. Croatia midfield which is superior to France will control the game and provide service to their forwards. Croatia defense is actually pretty good which will limit French chances.

I agree. Where Croatia is strong is their defence and their ability to control the ball. That will undoubtedly make for a difficult night for France. They are attack heavy, but you have to actually have the ball to do that. They won't see much of it, and, what they will see, Croatia's defence should be able to shut down.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I agree. Where Croatia is strong is their defence and their ability to control the ball. That will undoubtedly make for a difficult night for France. They are attack heavy, but you have to actually have the ball to do that. They won't see much of it, and, what they will see, Croatia's defence should be able to shut down.

It was the defense and midfield that was the difference in the Belgium match IMO. France also possessed the ball longer which was subsequently criticized by some Belgian players. They are more than offense and are solid at all levels.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations for apps/channels for following (news, recaps, etc) and watching football matches? I catch a few EPL games on NBC sports but would like to follow more closely and learn about the game. I rarely see La Liga, Ligue 1, or series A games on my cable channels but perhaps I'm not looking hard enough. Thanks.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Anyone have recommendations for apps/channels for following (news, recaps, etc) and watching football matches? I catch a few EPL games on NBC sports but would like to follow more closely and learn about the game. I rarely see La Liga, Ligue 1, or series A games on my cable channels but perhaps I'm not looking hard enough. Thanks.

When games are on you can go here to click on some links to watch a game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerstreams/

If you want to watch other sports use these links

NFL https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/
NHL https://www.reddit.com/r/NHLStreams/
MLB https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBStreams/

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I would have taken a 4th. :( The world froze over this year and my country Italy wasn't even in it. Glad it's over tomorrow so that I can concentrate on Euro in 2 years time. Been rough leading up to the World Cup and watching it the entire month.

I must say, this was one of the most enjoyable WCs that I've watched (partly because England overachieved).

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think the 6 most talented (ignoring form or results) squads in the tourney were:
France-depth and talent galore. played boring at times but safe wins a fair amount. Mbappe speed was on another level.
Belgium-best attacking football with a top 3 GK. Hazard best player on the ball and speed was only behind Mbappe.
Brazil-always per man skill is highest. never parked a bus yet. defense was overrated and they couldn't get ball from hazard without drawing yellow cards.. but still only squad where the defenders may break your ankles with a slick take on.
Argentina-this is factoring in guys glued to the bench they inexplicably didn't play like Dybala....
Croatia-Modric should be past his prime but was arguably the player of the tourney. dismantled argentina to assure easier path to finals.
England-so many young guys played very well. RLC showed today imho why he should have played regularly. a different type of athlete. Pickford really and truly shocked me and I watch a lot of games in the EPL. He was elite with quickness and strength.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I am hoping for that but France is flying high now.
Croatia deserve to win it all.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Hrvatska!!!

I hope the French are ready for a bloody fight because that's whats coming tomorrow!
latest