World Series Astro's VS Dodgers

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mishandled pitchers... it’s debateable. The outcome was decided late.

The great Mariano Rivera said it best... “it’s my job, 1 inning, 1 batter, 2 innings, 6 batters”

Bottom line: the end of the game was in sight. Blown save!

If he is ruined for Series, which I don’t think he is, it’s because he blew the save not because of throwing a few extra pitches....

Well, the outcome was decided late because he used up all of his pitchers too early. He badly mis-handled them this game.

I do agree, the closer should have done his job though. He might be ruined mentally, nothing to with throwing to a few extra batters. Oh, and he is no Mariano :D

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Good game, Dodgers fell short. I see people are blaming Jensen and I do understand that he was responsible for a hit that drove in a run he wasn't responsible for and a homerun.

However, this bull pen meltdown started with that pitcher (can't remember his name), walked the leadoff batter on 4 pitches. If he would have pitched that inning, Roberts plan was in place for Morrow and Jensen to come in the 8th and 9th. Instead, it forced Morrow to come in a inning early and the rest was history.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Both teams had some great fortune and great blunders last night.

The "baseball" play of the night for me was the hit that should have been a multi-score double or triple, but it hit the Dodgers CF in his cap brim and then bounced right to the LF.....only 1 run scored that inning, instead of a potential huge inning.

Verlander dominates, only 2 hits but both HRs. BTW, I feel strongly that ball 4 should have been called a strike and ended the inning, before the 2 run HR happened.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
As a Rangers fan, I know these types of losses/choke jobs ruin careers...looking at you Ron Washington and Neftali Feliz :banghead:

I actually felt bad for Ron and Darren.

I know what Ron was trying to do... he was trying to make Darren “part of it”.
Darren didn’t have the “stuff” to shut guys down.

It cost them the World Series though.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Up to this point it looks like what it was prior to the start of the series... 2 100-win teams hitting each other with haymakers.

I don't think Houston gets enough credit for the back-end of their rotation.

Provided he's healthy, McCullers may have the best stuff amongst the starters. His curveball is among the best in baseball. He tossed 24 curveballs in a row against the Yankees and was devastating.

And Morton? I thought he pitched well in game 3 and the Yankees collected several weak hits which made his pitching line look worse that it should have. And in game 7 he was brilliant... Which he's been for most of the season.

I don't think the Dodgers have the starter advantage the next two games.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: I am so sick of JJ Watt.

You raised great money for Houston. God bless you, brother. Sincerely, but --

-- please leave my TV unless you're playing football, bro. You media *****.

You're so obvious. Cut it out.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: I am so sick of JJ Watt.

You raised great money for Houston. God bless you, brother. Sincerely, but --

-- please leave my TV unless you're playing football, bro. You media *****.

You're so obvious. Cut it out.

Just for that they gave you a Bryce Harper ad lol.