World Series predictions

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
I took the Rangers in 7 vs. the Yankees and of course it worked out better, in 6. I'll continue that with the World Series, Rangers in 7. I am alittle worried about them having to sit Vlad in SF so a pitcher can bat, not sure how that works out.

utrunner07

Reaction score
I believe I took the Rangers in 6 against NY. I'll take the Rangers in 5 against SF.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Since my Phillies lost, I will back the Rangers. I hope they win for you guys.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Rangers in 6. I've seen the Giants up close and in person during the playoffs here in atlanta (the lolBrooks game), and this is a plucky bunch that will gut out a couple of wins. But the Rangers have the superior lineup, and are just as good in the rotation.

tko112204

Reaction score
Anyone who says the rotations are equal is kidding themselves. The Giants have a far superior rotation top to bottom, 1-4. Their bullpen is also far deeper and more versatile. Yes, the Rangers have a far superior lineup. So did the Rockies. And the Braves. And the Phillies. And basically every other competitive team in MLB. The difference? Otherwordly pitching. We will be in every game. And the Rangers have to play National League baseball (no DH), which shortens their lineup.

A sweep? I don't think so. It's almost impossible to beat a team with pitching as good as the Giants 4 times in a row in October. This will be a long series and the games will be close, because that's Giants baseball.

I'm gonna say Giants in 7. But I truly believe its a coinflip. No Cliff Lee in Game 7 makes the difference for me.

Temo

Reaction score
The Braves didn't have a better lineup. Not with Prado and Chipper out.

utrunner07

Reaction score
tko112204;3642009 said:
Anyone who says the rotations are equal is kidding themselves. The Giants have a far superior rotation top to bottom, 1-4. Their bullpen is also far deeper and more versatile. Yes, the Rangers have a far superior lineup. So did the Rockies. And the Braves. And the Phillies. And basically every other competitive team in MLB. The difference? Otherwordly pitching. We will be in every game. And the Rangers have to play National League baseball (no DH), which shortens their lineup.

A sweep? I don't think so. It's almost impossible to beat a team with pitching as good as the Giants 4 times in a row in October. This will be a long series and the games will be close, because that's Giants baseball.

I'm gonna say Giants in 7. But I truly believe its a coinflip. No Cliff Lee in Game 7 makes the difference for me.

:lmao:You are in for quite the eye opener. The Rangers were 14-4 against the national league this year. I am sure they are terrified of playing against a team that has just as good starting pitching as they have just seen and even worse hitting. You wish it was a coin flip, SF would have a much better chance that way.

gmb85

Reaction score
I know people are gonna think I'm BSing, but in the Yank series I dreamt that we were up 3-1 way before it happened. Last night I had a dream that we were up 2-0 in the WS. Hopefully I have another dream about us winning. :)

tko112204

Reaction score
14-4 huh? That sounds really impressive until you notice they played the following teams...

Cubs (75-87)
Brewers (77-85)
Marlins (80-82)
Pirates (57-105)
Astros (76-86)

Wow. Not a winning team among them. That 14-4 don't mean a damn thing.

And you still have given me a reason your pitching is "just as good" when you're gonna throw Tommy Hunter out there. No mention of the bullpens either?

I think you're the one in for the eye-opener.

tko112204

Reaction score
utrunner07;3642020 said:
:lmao:You are in for quite the eye opener. The Rangers were 14-4 against the national league this year. I am sure they are terrified of playing against a team that has just as good starting pitching as they have just seen and even worse hitting. You wish it was a coin flip, SF would have a much better chance that way.

You think the Yankees pitching is as good as ours?????

What have you been watching????

utrunner07

Reaction score
San Fran was 7-8 vs the American league by the way scored an average of 3.6 runs/game and gave up 3.5 runs/game. In texas's 18 games they scored 5.7 runs/game and gave up 3.3 runs/game.

utrunner07

Reaction score
tko112204;3642045 said:
You think the Yankees pitching is as good as ours?????

What have you been watching????

National League hitters mainly, which always year in and year out make national league pitching look better, and that is a widely accepted fact.

tko112204

Reaction score
Our interleague opponents were

Oakland (81-81)
Toronto (85-77)
Boston (89-73)
Baltimore (66-96)

Keep telling me those stats matter if it makes you feel better...

But it shouldn't.

utrunner07

Reaction score
tko112204;3642044 said:
14-4 huh? That sounds really impressive until you notice they played the following teams...

Cubs (75-87)
Brewers (77-85)
Marlins (80-82)
Pirates (57-105)
Astros (76-86)

Wow. Not a winning team among them. That 14-4 don't mean a damn thing.

And you still have given me a reason your pitching is "just as good" when you're gonna throw Tommy Hunter out there. No mention of the bullpens either?

I think you're the one in for the eye-opener.

Yeah, it may not mean a whole lot, but I don't think the rangers are going to be "scared" of putting their pitchers in the line up. their # 4 man did basically nothing both series so far anyway (excluding game 6). Having the line up be Andrus, Young, Hamilton, Nelson, Kinsler is going to look a whole hell of a lot better than Andrus, Young, Hamilton Vlady, lol. Nelson>>>>>Vlady right now, dude is lights out, and it will be lights out San Fran. Its actually going to HELP the team, lets see you walk hamilton with Neslon behind him:laugh2: San fran is screwed bud, its going to be a masacre, little timmy lincecum is going to be crying and its going to scare your 2-4 pitchers and they are going to fold to nerves, series over. Tommy Hunter will be our #4 pitcher and yeah he won't be lights out like our 1,2,3 but that should not matter considering San Fran can't hit anywhere near what NY can.

As for bullpens, idk, san fran may have the advantage, too bad it does not matter when your 1-3 can go 8-9 every night and you have holland who can come in with hunter and shut it down. Also got Feliz who will be a solid closer, especially, again, against weaker hitting. Your hitting scares no one.

tko112204

Reaction score
How you think a two time Cy Young award winner is going to "cry" is beyond me. And while you keep touting the "superior" AL you haven't been able to tell me why they don't win every World Series... Or how you think putting a pitcher into your lineup could ever help it. It's apparent that you, having followed the Rangers for a while, are not accustomed to what wins in the postseason, and it's power pitching.

And the San Francisco Giants are chocked full of power pitching...