World Series predictions

utrunner07

Reaction score
tko112204;3642074 said:
How you think a two time Cy Young award winner is going to "cry" is beyond me. And while you keep touting the "superior" AL you haven't been able to tell me why they don't win every World Series... Or how you think putting a pitcher into your lineup could ever help it. It's apparent that you, having followed the Rangers for a while, are not accustomed to what wins in the postseason, and it's power pitching.

And the San Francisco Giants are chocked full of power pitching...

I think you mean choked, because that is what they are going to do, choke. When andrus gets on and is doing his thing, timmy is going to be all uptight and is going to see Young, Hamilton and Cruz coming up and its going to be choke city.

well fine he may not actually cry, but its not going to be good for him. And I fully explained to you why putting a pitcher in the lineup won't hurt and may help, if you don't get it, sorry, its pretty simple really.

Last year dose not matter, this year does, and it is not looking good for SF:laugh2:

Lee>>>>The Longhair; AL Hitting>>>NL; Rangers>>>>SF.

Alweezy

Reaction score
tko112204;3642009 said:
And the Rangers have to play National League baseball (no DH), which shortens their lineup.

You do realize that the Rangers play National League style ball in the American League don't you?

Which team in the American League leads the league in Productive outs?

Don't worry, I'll wait....

The pitcher in this series will now be doing what Borbon did all year long.

I'm not patting ourselves on the back, but the Rangers really do have the complete team to compete in the postseason. They can beat you with pitching, they can small ball you, they can also put up a couple of big bats and Lord knows AT&T park short RF wall is waiting for some splash hits.

I think the Rangers are going to give the Giants problems. That's not to say SF will not do quite the same, but I think unlike a slumping Atlanta, and a slumping Philly the Rangers are just as hot as the Giants. It'll be the toughest series for both teams thus far and I think the matchups favor the Rangers slightly.

tko112204

Reaction score
Look, I'm obviously gonna be in the minority here and that's ok.

But after the point about Andrus and his negative ISO and his .643 OPS and his 32% caught stealing rate... I can see we look at baseball in completely different ways. And that's ok.

By the way, ATT kills LH power. Short porch... lol.

Good luck to you guys, it's gonna be a great series.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I think this one has the potential to go 7 games if Lincecum is on his game.

If he isn't, it could be over quickly. I'm definitely going to be watching this one, though. It's more interesting when it's new teams - if it was Phillies-Yankees I wouldn't have watched.

In keeping with this thread, I'll say San Francisco in 7. I think that the NL style of play (real baseball) will hurt the Texans, and I think the AL style of play with the DH helps the Giants.

It'll be fun to watch, though. Good luck to both clubs!

utrunner07

Reaction score
casmith07;3642600 said:
I think this one has the potential to go 7 games if Lincecum is on his game.

If he isn't, it could be over quickly. I'm definitely going to be watching this one, though. It's more interesting when it's new teams - if it was Phillies-Yankees I wouldn't have watched.

In keeping with this thread, I'll say San Francisco in 7. I think that the NL style of play (real baseball) will hurt the Texans, and I think the AL style of play with the DH helps the Giants.

It'll be fun to watch, though. Good luck to both clubs!

I don't think you have been watching the Rangers.

Alweezy

Reaction score
tko112204;3642139 said:
Look, I'm obviously gonna be in the minority here and that's ok.

But after the point about Andrus and his negative ISO and his .643 OPS and his 32% caught stealing rate... I can see we look at baseball in completely different ways. And that's ok.

By the way, ATT kills LH power. Short porch... lol.

Good luck to you guys, it's gonna be a great series.

I would hope that Josh Hamilton would be able to hit to 309 feet with some carry. If that park was built for Bonds to have his way with balls, Hamilton should be able to generate similar type power.

But I'm dreaming if I thought the Giants would be crazy enough to pitch to him in the games at SF. He should get a steady dose of walks and junk pitches.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Alweezy;3642806 said:
I would hope that Josh Hamilton would be able to hit to 309 feet with some carry. If that park was built for Bonds to have his way with balls, Hamilton should be able to generate similar type power.

But I'm dreaming if I thought the Giants would be crazy enough to pitch to him in the games at SF. He should get a steady dose of walks and junk pitches.

will be interesting to see the lineup for the Rangers in SF's park. If they have Nelson behind Hamilton, walking Hamilton would probably not be the best of things considering how hot Nelson is in this entire postseason.

tko112204

Reaction score
Alweezy;3642806 said:

309 dead down the line. 20 feet from the line its 421. You gotta yank one to have a shot to left. Bonds was the greatest hitter of his generation. He hit 756 over the 415 marker in center. It doesn't matter what park we built, he would hit.

You are right though, I would imagine we pitch around Hamilton a good deal. He's the only LH threat so Lincecum and Cain have no reason to go after him. Bumgarner is young and dumb, but has the stuff to beat him. And considering his OPS is 400 points lower vs LHP he isn't the same threat. Plus, late in games he will get Lopezed. And there is no cure for that.

Oh, and I heard you guys were gonna start Vlad in the OF in Game 1 or 2. Good luck with that. Please, God, let him play right.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
tko112204;3642973 said:
309 dead down the line. 20 feet from the line its 421. You gotta yank one to have a shot to left. Bonds was the greatest hitter of his generation. He hit 756 over the 415 marker in center. It doesn't matter what park we built, he would hit.

You are right though, I would imagine we pitch around Hamilton a good deal. He's the only LH threat so Lincecum and Cain have no reason to go after him. Bumgarner is young and dumb, but has the stuff to beat him. And considering his OPS is 400 points lower vs LHP he isn't the same threat. Plus, late in games he will get Lopezed. And there is no cure for that.

Oh, and I heard you guys were gonna start Vlad in the OF in Game 1 or 2. Good luck with that. Please, God, let him play right.

The Rangers have a few lefties. Murphy, Moreland, Hamilton, and Borbon. All but Borbon are HR threats. Borbon like Elvus are threats in other ways. Both have MANY bunt hits and the Rangers lead all of baseball in infield hits by a long long way. (2nd place had about half as many)

A good thing about the Rangers hitters is the fact that very few are pull only hitters. Most spray the ball everywhere. (including HRs) Michael Young has more HRs to left than he has to right. Cruz hits them everywhere too. (not to mention he can hit them 420+ too, he is a freaking beast)

Vlad will play in left if he plays the outfield.

utrunner07

Reaction score
tko112204;3642973 said:
309 dead down the line. 20 feet from the line its 421. You gotta yank one to have a shot to left. Bonds was the greatest doper of his generation. He hit 756 over the 415 marker in center. It doesn't matter what park we built, he would hit.

fixed

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
tko112204;3643182 said:
A Texas Ranger fan getting pious about steroids?

Oh the irony...

A San Fran fan making a Steroids joke considering Barry Bonds is the KING STEROID himself? Irony doesn't even begin to describe it.

Your post was the epitome of stupid and moronic. Barry Bonds *IS* steroids in the MLB. :rolleyes:

*ding* *ding* /irony (get that?) :lmao2:

tko112204

Reaction score
nyc;3643204 said:
A San Fran fan making a Steroids joke considering Barry Bonds is the KING STEROID himself? Irony doesn't even begin to describe it.

Your post was the epitome of stupid and moronic. Barry Bonds *IS* steroids in the MLB. :rolleyes:

*ding* *ding* /irony (get that?) :lmao2:

Right... and the long and storied history of Texas Ranger steroid suspects doesn't have anything to do with anything?

Find sand, insert head.