World Series predictions

utrunner07

Reaction score
Well, congrats to you Giants fans, I was wrong about your team and that combined with our team going cold real quick just spelled doom. But your guys, out hit, out pitched and out managed our guys pretty much all the way around. Congrats to ya'll hope you enjoy it and hope it makes this humiliation called Cowboys Season 2010 a bit better for ya :)

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
casmith07;3658489 said:
Giants are doing what they have to do - fighting off pitches, upping the pitch count, forcing the Rangers to use the bullpen and then teeing off on them.

Most teams the Rangers faced all year and in the post season didn't do a good job staying alive at the plate so they were able to go into the 8th before they needed the bullpen.

Going to be a hard series for the Rangers to win unless they are able to start getting the Giants out with the bullpen.

I read some stuff today of some people trying to kill Washington over this stuff...not much a manager can do about the bullpen not showing up.

A couple AL games will help the Rangers lineup, though. I think they're hurt by playing NL (superior) ball.

Emphasis added.

utrunner07

Reaction score
casmith07;3667104 said:
Emphasis added.

I don't know how you figure that. I mean it was not like the Rangers were playing any better with the DH in the game. This was just not the Rangers series, not only were they out matched, they did not play their style of baseball, if you had watched the Rangers this year you will know that. Not taking a shot or anything, I assume you are a Giants fan and congrats to you on the team win, ya'll were the better team but I don't think it had much to do with NL rules or even NL style ball, just my opinion.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
tko112204;3666241 said:
Didn't realize I was on a Rangers board.

It's a board that supports a team in the D/FW area which is local to the Rangers... but then I guess I shouldn't have assumed you could logically deduce that fact.

Now, head back to SF and do something useful like stopping Alcatraz from sinking.

tko112204

Reaction score
nyc;3667934 said:
It's a board that supports a team in the D/FW area which is local to the Rangers... but then I guess I shouldn't have assumed you could logically deduce that fact.

Now, head back to SF and do something useful like stopping Alcatraz from sinking.

Right, the Dallas Cowboys. We were having a civil conversation in here and I tried really hard not to step on anyone's toes. I made a joke about that goofy screencap and you got all butt-hurt. Chill out...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
tko112204;3667956 said:
Right, the Dallas Cowboys. We were having a civil conversation in here and I tried really hard not to step on anyone's toes. I made a joke about that goofy screencap and you got all butt-hurt. Chill out...

No, I'm pissed at your from an earlier comment.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;3667934 said:

Actually it is a Dallas Cowboys board.
It is not a board for the Rangers, Longhorns, Astros, Stars, Mavericks or any other team located in the general area.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3667995 said:
Actually it is a Dallas Cowboys board.
It is not a board for the Rangers, Longhorns, Astros, Stars, Mavericks or any other team located in the general area.

First off, I didn't say it WAS a Rangers board. I only said they are teams local to each other.

Since the Cowboys and Rangers are in the same area that generally would suggest that you would have a lot of Rangers fans here.

Anyhow, nobody ask you so butt out! ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;3668199 said:
First off, I didn't say it WAS a Rangers board. I only said they are teams local to each other.

Since the Cowboys and Rangers are in the same area that generally would suggest that you would have a lot of Rangers fans here.

Anyhow, nobody ask you so butt out! ;)

Unfriendly and aloof posters should not have happy thanksgiving avatars...kind of ruins the rep. ;)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3668217 said:
Unfriendly and aloof posters should not have happy thanksgiving avatars...kind of ruins the rep. ;)

That better? ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;3668242 said:
That better? ;)

YES.

Kill the bird, cook the bird, slice the bird and eat the bird.

And for the vegamatarians out there...leave us turkey eating, football watching, gut busting, want to take a nap because of the tryptophan, meat eaters....alone.

Just eat your veggies and soybean concoctions and be happy.
:D

Stautner

Reaction score
**** disappointing series. The Giants played like seasoned veterans, and the Rangers played like wide eyed kids who were a little overwhelmed. Not sure why. The Giants didn't have a lot of playoff veterans either.

One guy we (Rangers) had that was a playoff veteran was Cliff Lee, and one they had was Edgar Renteria. Shouldn't have Lee known to do the smart thing and not throw a playoff tested Renteria a fastball down the gut, and instead put him on an open first base and pitched to the No. 9 hitter who was playing his first game in the World Series? Shouldn't a couple of batters earlier Lee have known not to groove a fastball to Uribe on an 0-2 count? I hate to rag on Lee because he clearly is an elite pitcher, but he made some bad mistakes in that inning.

May not have mattered. Our batters watched more 1st and 3rd pitch stikes that is fathomable in a World Series game, and were tenative at the plate in every game. The Giants came out from the beginning swinging agressively and making things happen.