World Series predictions

tko112204

Reaction score
By the way, I didn't start any of the steroid talk. I was just refuting the ignorant argument that because Bonds probably used steroids that precludes him from being the best hitter of his generation. Which he undoubtedly was.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
tko112204;3643244 said:
By the way, I didn't start any of the steroid talk. I was just refuting the ignorant argument that because Bonds probably used steroids that precludes him from being the best hitter of his generation. Which he undoubtedly was.

I'll have to go with Griffey on that one since there has never even been a hint of suspicion about him and roids.

utrunner07

Reaction score
tko112204;3643244 said:

Yeah, you bet, greatest hitter of the steroid error (*).

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
tko112204;3643239 said:
Right... and the long and storied history of Texas Ranger steroid suspects doesn't have anything to do with anything?

Find sand, insert head.

You are starting to sound like some of those angry Yankee fans? You scared of something? ;) :D

reddyuta

Reaction score
this will be a seven game series.the giants are doing everything to win for a while now(even before the playoffs).

Stautner

Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;3641857 said:
I took the Rangers in 7 vs. the Yankees and of course it worked out better, in 6. I'll continue that with the World Series, Rangers in 7. I am alittle worried about them having to sit Vlad in SF so a pitcher can bat, not sure how that works out.

Losing Vlad in SF is a concern, but CJ Wilson has proved to be a good hitter (watch him - he takes a mean cut), and Lee has played in the NL before. I think the Rangers still have a stronger offense even without Vlad in the lineup, so as long as the pitching holds up they should be fine.

Rangers in 6.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Stautner;3644088 said:
Losing Vlad in SF is a concern, but CJ Wilson has proved to be a good hitter (watch him - he takes a mean cut), and Lee has played in the NL before. I think the Rangers still have a stronger offense even without Vlad in the lineup, so as long as the pitching holds up they should be fine.

Rangers in 6.

I think I'll take the Rangers chances without Vlad if they choose not to play him. He's one of those kind of players where the positives slightly outweigh the negatives.

If I see Vlad Swing at another 0-0 pitch in the dirt or high in the zone, and then take a 0-1 pitch for strike, I'll reach through the TV and slap him.

But regardless I've heard stuff about him playing LF in this series. MLB Network is assuming he'd play, and I don't see how that's a bad idea. If he keeps balls in front of him, his arm would more than make up for his loss of speed.

juck

Reaction score
I am not scared with Vlad in left. Vlad has speed thats deceptive.

Stautner

Reaction score
Alweezy;3644110 said:
I think I'll take the Rangers chances without Vlad if they choose not to play him. He's one of those kind of players where the positives slightly outweigh the negatives.

If I see Vlad Swing at another 0-0 pitch in the dirt or high in the zone, and then take a 0-1 pitch for strike, I'll reach through the TV and slap him.

But regardless I've heard stuff about him playing LF in this series. MLB Network is assuming he'd play, and I don't see how that's a bad idea. If he keeps balls in front of him, his arm would more than make up for his loss of speed.

juck;3644175 said:
I am not scared with Vlad in left. Vlad has speed thats deceptive.

If Vlad plays in the field it will be in RF.

He does still have a good arm, but he is a considerable drop off getting to and fielding balls.

May guess is when the team is in SF he will sit out at least one game, but maybe not more than one.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Stautner;3644283 said:
If Vlad plays in the field it will be in RF.

He does still have a good arm, but he is a considerable drop off getting to and fielding balls.

May guess is when the team is in SF he will sit out at least one game, but maybe not more than one.

I think this is correct. From everything I have read and from two Wash quotes I would expect Vlad to play 1 game (most likely game 1) in the field and Murphy will play the other (game 2). Vlad will be playing in right field if he does play, at least that is what I read.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Rangers in 6. And I never thought I'd be saying it this late in the year, or ever, but thank god we have the Rangers cause the Cowboys are terrible.

tko112204

Reaction score
I didn't think there was any reason to start a new thread to keep talking about the series, and I'm not sure anyone will want to anymore.

But if you do, what do you expect the rest of the series?

I'm sticking with Giants in 6, Cain closes it out in similar fashion to Game 2.

Having Vlad in the lineup and out of the field will help, and that bullpen can't stay terrible forever.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Even though it looks bleak, i'm sticking to my guns.....Rangers in 7. They've made it this far, no time to quit on'em now.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Giants are doing what they have to do - fighting off pitches, upping the pitch count, forcing the Rangers to use the bullpen and then teeing off on them.

Most teams the Rangers faced all year and in the post season didn't do a good job staying alive at the plate so they were able to go into the 8th before they needed the bullpen.

Going to be a hard series for the Rangers to win unless they are able to start getting the Giants out with the bullpen.

I read some stuff today of some people trying to kill Washington over this stuff...not much a manager can do about the bullpen not showing up.

A couple AL games will help the Rangers lineup, though. I think they're hurt by playing NL (superior) ball.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
tko112204;3658431 said:
Having Vlad in the lineup and out of the field will help, and that bullpen can't stay terrible forever.

It can for a couple weeks though - ask Atlanta.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
My solution to the bullpen problem is simple. Starters pitch 7 innings, and feliz pitches the 8th and 9th!

:(