World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Cardinals are just unstoppable...Craig, Pujols, Berkman, Freese is a killer lineup

utrunner07

Reaction score
rcaldw;4207728 said:
I'm telling you that strike zone seems to be changing due to situation. The first pitch to Pujols was no different than the no call against Craig the AB before.

No doubt, Im watching espn's ball tracker and the pitch before the pop out that young dropped was a clear strike no doubt about it, it was called a ball. Extremely inconsistent calling tonight.

rcaldw

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4207734 said:
Cardinals are just unstoppable...Craig, Pujols, Berkman, Freese is a killer lineup

I really believe we are making them look MUCH better than they are. Pujols is legit, but the other guys (especially Berkman right handed) should not be eating us up like this. A lot of it is due to tentative pitching.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Alright lets answer. I think if there is anybody on when harrison comes up he gets pulled for CJ this inning and Chavez pinch hits.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4207734 said:

What's sad is that Craig and Freese are nothing special, our pitchers just keep giving them hanging fastballs on the outside part of the plate.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4207741 said:
What's sad is that Craig and Freese are nothing special, our pitchers just keep giving them hanging fastballs on the outside part of the plate.

Freese did win NLCS MVP. He doesn't exactly suck.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4207743 said:

Agreed... he's a good player. But I know this from pitching myself (obviously not major league level)... when you pitch scared you don't pitch well. You end up behind in the count, and then you miss a spot and you pay.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4207743 said:

He's a career .290 hitter, has 15 career homeruns and has never played in more than 97 games in any of his three seasons. He's good, but not the world series MVP we are making him into.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Berkman was the only consistent one. Craig had tailed off, Freese had been quiet, and Pujols hadn't done anything outside of game 3. But that all changed when the TX pitchers let them get confident against them in game 6 and so far that looks like the series changer.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Our guys have to stay patient and not lose plate discipline. If we start chasing those pitches out of the zone it will be a long night.

rcaldw

Reaction score
What is sad is we could have easily had 3 or 4 early. Kinsler goes brain dead and gets picked off (almost twice), and once again we can't come up with the big hit either.

rcaldw

Reaction score
The thing is... what logical reason do we have to have more confidence in C.J.? He has pitched more scared than any of them. Almost every start these playoffs he goes 3 balls on every hitter.

CowTech

Reaction score
rcaldw;4207751 said:
The thing is... what logical reason do we have to have more confidence in C.J.? He has pitched more scared than any of them. Almost every start these playoffs he goes 3 balls on every hitter.

Logic has escaped this series, I don't know what to believe anymore. All I know is if Harrison craps the bed anymore, we have to make some kind of move.