World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CowTech;4207749 said:
Great, he's on now. Hopefully CJ comes in and plays lights out.

Not really, we just arent hitting him. He's hanging every breaking ball and his fastball is all over the place. Cruz especially, he popped up a pitch that he normally hits into the second deck.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
rcaldw;4207751 said:
The thing is... what logical reason do we have to have more confidence in C.J.? He has pitched more scared than any of them. Almost every start these playoffs he goes 3 balls on every hitter.

There's nothing logical about this series. Games 5 and 6 destroyed all semblence of logic.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4207757 said:
Not really, we just arent hitting him. He's hanging every breaking ball and his fastball is all over the place. Cruz especially, he popped up a pitch that he normally hits into the second deck.

Yeah. If Cruz gets that pitch 10 times, he hits it into the seats probably 7 or 8 of them.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Heisenberg;4207759 said:
Yeah. If Cruz gets that pitch 10 times, he hits it into the seats probably 7 or 8 of them.

IIRC it was the same exact pitch and placement of the homerun that hit the top of the foul pole in game 2 of the ALCS. I literally jumped up as he was swinging because I expected it to go about 450 feet.

rcaldw

Reaction score
All of the first pitch balls and working behind in the count makes me miss Cliff Lee :) Other than that, I don't miss him at all.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
The Cardinals have realized that none of our pitchers can throw strikes on command right now and arent doing much of anything until they get two strikes, at which time we are giving them great pitches to hit.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Letting Furcal get on base twice...oh man why don't they just wave the white flag

rcaldw

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4207777 said:
Letting Furcal get on base twice...oh man why don't they just wave the white flag

Its just a one run game right now. But we DO have to hold it together here.

rcaldw

Reaction score
If I were a betting man, I would bet a 3-2 count somewhere in this AB.