World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208414 said:
And you entered this thread because? Go away, seriously, there have been quite a few of you trying to belittle the Ranger fans here.

Does belittle include laughing at?

crazytown41

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208411 said:
Seriously, did you even watch the playoffs? Or even the regular season for that matter? Holland was bad in all but one game in the playoffs, come on man, open your eyes. And during the season he was also hit or miss.
Wow. Better question, do you even know your own team? You do realize Holland is their best young pitcher and by far has the best stuff on that staff? You do know he pitched 4 shutouts this season, right? More than those other 3 bums combined. When he's on, he's almost unhittable. Did you even watch game 4? :confused: :confused:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Wow!!!

I am a Yankee fan but I was pulling for you guys. I am actually a little sick over this.

1 strike away TWICE in Game 6.
I knew it was over when the Cards won Game 6.

Reminded me of Mets vs Boston with Buckner.

Also reminded me of Yankees vs Dbacks. Almost won it and then... it happened....

One thing is for sure, they dont want to be the Buffalo Bills of baseball. Better close the deal next time.

Too bad guys.
Not a Ranger fan, obviously a Yankee fan, if it were my Yankees I would be getting ripped every which way but lose... but I dont have it in me to do that to you guys.

I am actually mad that this happened.

Oh well, Go Cowboys - seek and destroy Vick!!

jimmy40

Reaction score
would have been nice to see the Rangers at least try the last two innings instead of every guy trying to hit a 5 run homer with no one on base.

jimmy40

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4208480 said:
Boy, blowing multiple run leads two games in a row... That's harsh.
hell, two innings in a row. :bang2: Nelson Cruz, hero to absolute bum.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40;4208486 said:
hell, two innings in a row. :bang2: Nelson Cruz, hero to absolute bum.

That's it.

I think blaming ball & strike calls simply masks the huge failure that occurred Thursday & Friday nights by the Rangers.

utrunner07

Reaction score

Call it sour grapes if you want. We lost game 6 and we lost the series with out a doubt. We played against the umps and the cards in game 7.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Rangers are one of my favorite teams, and quite frankly they had this "gift-wrapped" for them...

They didn't have to play the Yankees.

They didn't have to play the Phillies.

They had a 3 games to 2 lead over the worst team in the entire tournament. And they had leads in their final two games.

To not come out smelling like a Rose... Well.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;4208537 said:
The Rangers are one of my favorite teams, and quite frankly they had this "gift-wrapped" for them...

They didn't have to play the Yankees.

They didn't have to play the Phillies.

They had a 3 games to 2 lead over the worst team in the entire tournament. And they had leads in their final two games.

To not come out smelling like a Rose... Well.

Considering so many of the Rangers' faithful enjoyed seeing my Phillies eliminated, I'm enjoying this.

Where's that Eagles' trophy case gif? I have an idea.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star;4208555 said:
Considering so many of the Rangers' faithful enjoyed seeing my Phillies eliminated, I'm enjoying this.

Where's that Eagles' trophy case gif? I have an idea.

If I was a Card's fan, I'd be over-the-top with elation today.

Look at the road they had to travel to get the trophy.

Way back of the pack in late August with slight hope of reaching the playoffs.

Then they get in by the skin of their teeth and have to face the Phillies juggernaut. Some how, some way, they win game 5 and then have to meet the team that beat them out for the division title.

They beat them and they face one more team that was better than they were.

The Cards come within a whisker of losing game 6 and are behind 2-0 in game 7.

Yeah some want to talk about the balls & strikes not going the way of the Rangers.

But the Card's story is one for the ages.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki;4208580 said:
If I was a Card's fan, I'd be over-the-top with elation today.

Look at the road they had to travel to get the trophy.

Way back of the pack in late August with slight hope of reaching the playoffs.

Then they get in by the skin of their teeth and have to face the Phillies juggernaut. Some how, some way, they win game 5 and then have to meet the team that beat them out for the division title.

They beat them and they face one more team that was better than they were.

The Cards come within a whisker of losing game 6 and are behind 2-0 in game 7.

Yeah some want to talk about the balls & strikes not going the way of the Rangers.

But the Card's story is one for the ages.

And they needed the Phillies to keep playing to win in the meaningless final series of the season against the Braves.

Hey, it's sports. The Cardinals are inferior to a few teams in the league. They got hot at the right time.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On a side note, I think MLB needs to change the way they handle the playoffs. There is no way in hell that a wild card team should host Game 7 of the World Series. Should not happen.

Giving homefield advantage to the all star winner is Liberace gay.