World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
rcaldw;4208274 said:
speaking of the boys... I don't know why but I have a good feeling about this year's team and beyond. I think we are on the right track. If we could beat Philly Sunday night, I think we go on a run.

I think next year is going to be exciting. We may very well make the playoffs this year with our easy schedule, but our offensive line just isnt very good and Romo seems like he doesnt have it this year.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
funny-pictures-thats-it-keep-going.jpg

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4208278 said:
Exactly. I get mad and think "You're a damn professional, do your job better" when Dallas loses games. I want to blame the players and coaches for failing. Outside of my current dislike of Ron Washington, I don't feel that way right now. For whatever reason, I don't have that reaction in other sports, though I suppose that will change now that the Mavs have won. I'll expect nothing less from now on lol.

Haha yeah. I'm not a big NBA fan (I watch the playoffs and just pull for the Texas teams), but I was pulling for the Mavs for that very reason.

Just like last year I was overjoyed that we made the WS last year. This year was just a disappointment because I expected more. Although I am proud of them.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4208280 said:
I think next year is going to be exciting. We may very well make the playoffs this year with our easy schedule, but our offensive line just isnt very good and Romo seems like he doesnt have it this year.

I feel the same. I still think we make the playoffs, and will be a tough out. But not enough to go all the way.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
rcaldw;4208274 said:
speaking of the boys... I don't know why but I have a good feeling about this year's team and beyond. I think we are on the right track. If we could beat Philly Sunday night, I think we go on a run.

Absolutely.

And with a full offseason for our young Oline to develop, 2012 looks promising as well.

CowTech

Reaction score
Glad to hear they had a losers-only meeting after the loss. Heard they were coming up with ways on how to choke next year.

crazytown41

Reaction score
No real shock. Like I said, can't win a championship with below average pitchers. Just doesn't happen. Team is built no different than those Pudge and JuanGone teams.

Still baffled Ron went with Harrison over Holland in game 3. Then goes with Holland again out of the pen in game 6. Your best pitcher(which isn't saying much) only starts once in a 7 game series. Unbelievable. Never put his team in the best position to win the series.

Guy is a great mascot but can't manage for crap.

StylisticS

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4208263 said:
I think there is something different about losing this close to the ultimate goal when you've never tasted victory before. The Cowboys and Lakers have numerous titles, but the Rangers have been a joke forever and were as close as any team has ever been to a title only to go on to lose.

I get ANGRY when the Cowboys lose, but tonight I'm just incredibly sad. It's like the feeling I had when the Mavs lost the 2006 Finals. It's also why the Mavs title this year was so incredible, because I'd lived through so much sadness and losing.

It's not necessarily a worse feeling, just completely different.

This is how I feel. I'm just very sad that they could not get it done. It's not easy getting there. The manner in which they lost game six will be with them and us as a fanbase forever.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Yup I was telling someone just the same thing tonight. The hurt and pain will go away after awhile, but this is something you never quite forget or are able to get past.

It's like asking Boston fans to move on after Buckner letting that ball go between his legs. I cannot stop seeing Cruz not catch that ball. And believe me, I don't blame him for the loss the way I do others like Feliz, Oliver, Washington etc..

But for some reason it's his miss on that catch that I cannot shake. I started to fall asleep tonight and jumped up half out of bed with the replay of that missed catch in my head and I had to catch my breath as he missed it. Like it happened all over again.

What sucks the worst is that I'm supposed to be waking up remembering that we won the Series, and having that warm comfortable feeling come over me as I drift back to sleep knowing we are World Champions of baseball. Instead I'm wide awake here on CowboysZone STILL trying to come to grips with what has happened.

I'll tell you something, and ordinarily I would never admit this just for pride's sake, but I am envious of Cardinals fans. What a feeling they must have coming back from being a strike away from losing the World Series. It's a feeling I cannot even imagine and is made all the worse by how down in the dumps I am right now.

I wish I knew.... just for a second... what it was like to win this 2011 World Series.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Air Force One;4208405 said:
Yup I was telling someone just the same thing tonight. The hurt and pain will go away after awhile, but this is something you never quite forget or are able to get past.

It's like asking Boston fans to move on after Buckner letting that ball go between his legs. I cannot stop seeing Cruz not catch that ball. And believe me, I don't blame him for the loss the way I do others like Feliz, Oliver, Washington etc..

But for some reason it's his miss on that catch that I cannot shake. I started to fall asleep tonight and jumped up half out of bed with the replay of that missed catch in my head and I had to catch my breath as he missed it. Like it happened all over again.

What sucks the worst is that I'm supposed to be waking up remembering that we won the Series, and having that warm comfortable feeling come over me as I drift back to sleep knowing we are World Champions of baseball. Instead I'm wide awake here on CowboysZone STILL trying to come to grips with what has happened.

I'll tell you something, and ordinarily I would never admit this just for pride's sake, but I am envious of Cardinals fans. What a feeling they must have coming back from being a strike away from losing the World Series. It's a feeling I cannot even imagine and is made all the worse by how down in the dumps I am right now.

I wish I knew.... just for a second... what it was like to win this 2011 World Series.

I hear you buddy. The Cardinals earned it. But at the same time the Rangers just couldn't get out of their own damn way, walk after walk after walk. Also the umpires' calls all series are definitely something that should at least be mentioned, but no one in the media will because they don't give a crap about the Rangers and the are too busy riding the jock of LaRussa and Pujols. But I'm just bitter, they are champions, and we are not.

We freaking had it!!!! All we had to to do was close the door, and then we get another chance to close the door, and blow it as well. Just unbelievable.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
crazytown41;4208402 said:
No real shock. Like I said, can't win a championship with below average pitchers. Just doesn't happen. Team is built no different than those Pudge and JuanGone teams.

Still baffled Ron went with Harrison over Holland in game 3. Then goes with Holland again out of the pen in game 6. Your best pitcher(which isn't saying much) only starts once in a 7 game series. Unbelievable. Never put his team in the best position to win the series.

Guy is a great mascot but can't manage for crap.

Seriously, did you even watch the playoffs? Or even the regular season for that matter? Holland was bad in all but one game in the playoffs, come on man, open your eyes. And during the season he was also hit or miss.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Some of you people need theropy. It's fraking baseball! The sport that lost a coin flip with paint drying to see which was more boring.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
CliffnMesquite;4208413 said:
Some of you people need theropy. It's fraking baseball! The sport that lost a coin flip with paint drying to see which was more boring.

And you entered this thread because? Go away, seriously, there have been quite a few of you trying to belittle the Ranger fans here.

Air Force One

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208410 said:
I hear you buddy. The Cardinals earned it. But at the same time the Rangers just couldn't get out of their own damn way, walk after walk after walk. Also the umpires' calls all series are definitely something that should at least be mentioned, but no one in the media will because they don't give a crap about the Rangers and the are too busy riding the jock of LaRussa and Pujols. But I'm just bitter, they are champions, and we are not.

We freaking had it!!!! All we had to to do was close the door, and then we get another chance to close the door, and blow it as well. Just unbelievable.

I know man. :) We can run this stuff around and around in our head..so many regrets and missed opportunities. It's not like losing is what is so hurtful...being Ranger fans, we're used to that. It's losing the way we did in game 6.

It's a curse to lose the way we did.. Most teams lose the WS like we did last year. You lose, you lose. Simple as that. But to come within a strike..TWICE...is almost beyond comprehension. The only ones who could even possibly understand what we are feeling are Boston fans...and they are thanking god they finally got their WS ...and that's it's us now and not them.

I'm glad you and others are here to talk to about this with. Nobody else really understands. My family and my friends don't really care. They wanted the Rangers to win for me but otherwise they aren't even thinking about it anymore and if it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't have anyone to vent with who knows exactly how I feel. I feel a little less alone in my misery. :)

Hoping tomorrow I can start to move on...I hope we all can. :)