World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

rcaldw

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208252 said:
That's what I've heard. But nothing confirmed. It just makes the most sense to move them. And move them to our division would make the most sense.

Boy I would love that. I would get a ticket package for that.

Reaction score
Too all you Ranger fans don't be ashamed to cry because that is one devastating loss. I'm not gonna lie I cried before. Earlier this year after the Lakers loss to the Mavericks, 3 years before that when the Cowboys loss to the Giants. Sports are very, very emotional whether you win or lose. If the Cowboys were to win a superbowl I would shed tears of joy.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rcaldw;4208254 said:
Boy I would love that. I would get a ticket package for that.

How many away division games are there? That would be awesome. And from what I could tell from the tv in the past that the Minute Maid looks to be half Ranger fans, it would just be like extra home games.

jimmy40

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208247 said:
That's a rather large statistic. It only takes one missed call to set the tone for an at bat. I said it earlier, MLB wanted the Cardinals to win.
nice of the Rangers to help make that happen.

CowTech

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4208259 said:
I need the Aggies and Cowboys to come up with wins this weekend. Oh, and a lot of grain alcohol.

An Aggy too? Thanks for the cheap shot against Eric Stephens. Hope your program burns in hell. Prepare your butt for the SEC.

rcaldw

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208258 said:
How many away division games are there? That would be awesome. And from what I could tell from the tv in the past that the Minute Maid looks to be half Ranger fans, it would just be like extra home games.

This year they played 18 games against each division opponent, so I guess that would be 9 away. So the Rangers (if it stayed the same) would be in Houston 9 times.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4208257 said:
Too all you Ranger fans don't be ashamed to cry because that is one devastating loss. I'm not gonna lie I cried before. Earlier this year after the Lakers loss to the Mavericks, 3 years before that when the Cowboys loss to the Giants. Sports are very, very emotional whether you win or lose. If the Cowboys were to win a superbowl I would shed tears of joy.

I think there is something different about losing this close to the ultimate goal when you've never tasted victory before. The Cowboys and Lakers have numerous titles, but the Rangers have been a joke forever and were as close as any team has ever been to a title only to go on to lose.

I get ANGRY when the Cowboys lose, but tonight I'm just incredibly sad. It's like the feeling I had when the Mavs lost the 2006 Finals. It's also why the Mavs title this year was so incredible, because I'd lived through so much sadness and losing.

It's not necessarily a worse feeling, just completely different.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
CowTech;4208261 said:
An Aggy too? Thanks for the cheap shot against Eric Stephens. Hope your program burns in hell. Prepare your butt for the SEC.

I've never seen someone last this long.

utrunner07

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208240 said:
Very true. When do they decide this? Sometime during next year?

Most likely during winter meetings is what I have heard but the move will not take place for at least another year. The astros have not agreed to this and last I heard ownership was not for it. Another interesting development that has a better chance of happening is opening up the wild card to two or even three teams.

rcaldw

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208265 said:
I've never seen someone last this long.

hehe, he started with fewer than 25 posts and they were all in the baseball thread, so he isn't on the forum normally.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4208263 said:
I think there is something different about losing this close to the ultimate goal when you've never tasted victory before. The Cowboys and Lakers have numerous titles, but the Rangers have been a joke forever and were as close as any team has ever been to a title only to go on to lose.

I get ANGRY when the Cowboys lose, but tonight I'm just incredibly sad. It's like the feeling I had when the Mavs lost the 2006 Finals. It's also why the Mavs title this year was so incredible, because I'd lived through so much sadness and losing.

It's not necessarily a worse feeling, just completely different.

Agreed. I'm not angry at all. Just feel like a zombie (somebody else used that comparison). I think I would show more anger towards the Boys because I expect greatness. Even though I only vaguely remember the last super bowl being so young.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Was Stephens the Tech running back who hurt his knee against A&M? If so, really unfortunate but I don't see how it was a dirty hit. It didnt even draw a flag IIRC, and they throw flags for everything these days. A guy just dove at his legs and his knee went the wrong way, happens dozens of times every weekend in college football.

BlueStar3398

Reaction score
Thanks for the great season Rangers!

Remember the Wide World of Sports? "The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat"? Someone just told me I'm the guy on the ski jump. :laugh2:

It's hard to make it to the WS. I hope one day the Rangers can make it back and win it all.

Now St Louis is left with the Rams. How can you not congratulate them when you have that in mind?

rcaldw

Reaction score
speaking of the boys... I don't know why but I have a good feeling about this year's team and beyond. I think we are on the right track. If we could beat Philly Sunday night, I think we go on a run.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
utrunner07;4208267 said:
Most likely during winter meetings is what I have heard but the move will not take place for at least another year. The astros have not agreed to this and last I heard ownership was not for it. Another interesting development that has a better chance of happening is opening up the wild card to two or even three teams.

Gotcha. I'm not sure I would be in favor of more wild card teams. Do you give the division winners a bye like in football? I think it would be a disadvantage to those teams to take a week off. Baseball is all about streaks.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rcaldw;4208274 said:
speaking of the boys... I don't know why but I have a good feeling about this year's team and beyond. I think we are on the right track. If we could beat Philly Sunday night, I think we go on a run.

I agree with this. Super Bowl I don't think so, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me. I think we have a good change happening, kind of like for the Rangers the past couple of seasons.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4208270 said:
Agreed. I'm not angry at all. Just feel like a zombie (somebody else used that comparison). I think I would show more anger towards the Boys because I expect greatness. Even though I only vaguely remember the last super bowl being so young.

Exactly. I get mad and think "You're a damn professional, do your job better" when Dallas loses games. I want to blame the players and coaches for failing. Outside of my current dislike of Ron Washington, I don't feel that way right now. For whatever reason, I don't have that reaction in other sports, though I suppose that will change now that the Mavs have won. I'll expect nothing less from now on lol.