World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

Stautner

Reaction score
juck;4190380 said:
[URL="http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y194/juck/fOcRB.gif"]http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y194/juck/fOcRB.gif[/URL]

Thanks for the chuckle

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The Rangers have added pitcher Mark Lowe and catcher Matt Treanor to their World Series roster. They have taken off relievers Yoshinori Tateyama and Koji Uehara.

Link to Story

Good riddance to Uehara. :puke:

Stautner

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4190765 said:
The Rangers have added pitcher Mark Lowe and catcher Matt Treanor to their World Series roster. They have taken off relievers Yoshinori Tateyama and Koji Uehara.

Link to Story

I haven't liked Tateyama all year. I was excited when we got Uehara, but he has been a waste for us.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4190765 said:

Link to Story

Excellent news.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Everyone picked Texas to win last season and it did not work out well, I would preferred being the udnerdog but it doesnt change the fact that we are the better team. I would admit it if they were the better team.

Also, did you guys here about the MLB not letting Dirk throw out the first pitch in one of the games? It is supposedly because he doesnt have a broad following or some crap and some NBA lockout concerns by the MLB. Load of BS.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Corleone;4190859 said:
Everyone picked Texas to win last season and it did not work out well, I would preferred being the udnerdog but it doesnt change the fact that we are the better team. I would admit it if they were the better team.

Also, did you guys here about the MLB not letting Dirk throw out the first pitch in one of the games? It is supposedly because he doesnt have a broad following or some crap and some NBA lockout concerns by the MLB. Load of BS.

It was noted on PTI by Wilbon that it was intended to show indirect support to the NBA owners during their lockout. I could much easier believe that then Dirk's lack of national appeal to the public.

:rolleyes:

Stautner

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4190791 said:
Lots of people are picking the Rangers to take this in six. While I would love that to happen, I don't like everyone jumping on the Rangers bandwagon.

LINK - Rangers a favorite among celebs, analysts

I don't think who's favored or not matters one whit. I think the most anyone can realistically claim is one team having a very slight edge, but I don't think there is anything that separates them enough that either team could be considered a clear favorite.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
In a strange sense of twisted ironic karma, I was relieved to see that we didn't have a plethora of trolls or bandwagoneers jumping on to our thread covering the Rangers (like always seems to happen with the Cowboys) during the regular season.

Now, it's just too weird since this is what would be the equivallent of the 'Boys playing in the Super Bowl.

I can almost hear crickets...:confused:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
gmoney112;4191263 said:
Foul Ball!!

BULL****

It was a fair ball, it hit foul but bounced back in before it went by first. I'm always baffled by how many people don't know the rules regarding fair/foul balls.

Mike_45

Reaction score
That was a great double play. Very well played and could not have come at a better time.

gmoney112

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4191271 said:
It was a fair ball, it hit foul but bounced back in before it went by first. I'm always baffled by how many people don't know the rules regarding fair/foul balls.

I'm always baffled at how ******** you are about the Aggies.