World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

jimmy40

Reaction score
why does it seem like MLB stretches post season series out forever till the World Series which they can't get done fast enough?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Glad I didn't get to see that game. What? Where the Rangers pitchers throwing underhanded lobs? Six pitchers pitched and every single one of them gave up at least one earned run.

Wow. Just plain wow.

utrunner07

Reaction score
crazytown41;4195060 said:
What does that even mean? Tigers lost game 1 of the ALDS. Won that. And then lost game 1 of the ALCS. Lost that.

Tigers lost game 4 of the ALDS 1-10. Won that series. Then they lost game 4 of the ALCS 3-7. Lost that.

Do you think sports is just a pattern?

Why bother watching the game then? It's all predetermined. :confused:

How appropriate your sig picture.

All I am saying is people are saying this series is over based on a single game and its not. We have been pounded before and come back to win. Just because we are blown out does not mean anything. Everyone said we were going to lose the ALDS after getting killed the first game, we did not. Everyone said there was no way we could play NL ball after loosing the first game of this series, well guess what we came back and one a game playing NL ball. Everyone is saying the series is over because we lost this game...guess what, if we win tonight they'll all be back on board. It is not time to panic.

Ren

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4195164 said:
Glad I didn't get to see that game. What? Where the Rangers pitchers throwing underhanded lobs? Six pitchers pitched and every single one of them gave up at least one earned run.

Wow. Just plain wow.

Walk the bases loaded, give up hits, rinse repeat

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
utrunner07;4194569 said:
Actually your post takes the cake for sucking the most.

No, I think I was pretty much spot-on about Matt Harrison sucking.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Ron Washington is an idiot. In almost every situation, if Pujols steps in the batter's box, he is getting 4 straight balls and going to 1st, even if it means walking in a run. The only time I pitch to him is if the bases are loaded in the last inning and we are tied or only up by 1.

Pujols just left his manhood all over the Rangers' ballpark. I hate that guy like I have never hated another player. However, I had to laugh everytime he put one in the seats.

Now you Ranger fans can feel the pain that us Astros fans have been feeling for the past decade plus.

I want the Rangers to win, even though I don't like your team....I absolutely hate the Cardinals. Still, if your pitchers continue to pitch to Pujols, you will be lucky to win 1 more game.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
jimmy40;4195155 said:
why does it seem like MLB stretches post season series out forever till the World Series which they can't get done fast enough?

really? cause it seemed that the Rangers were playing every single night against the Rays and Detroit. I kept asking my brother if they get a night off. You are confusing baseball with the NBA, which seems to take 3 weeks to play a playoff series.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Biggems;4195213 said:
really? cause it seemed that the Rangers were playing every single night against the Rays and Detroit. I kept asking my brother if they get a night off. You are confusing baseball with the NBA, which seems to take 3 weeks to play a playoff series.
I believe there was rain involved with the earlier series causing several days in a row.

utrunner07

Reaction score
DIAF;4195195 said:
No, I think I was pretty much spot-on about Matt Harrison sucking.

Actually you were not but you go right ahead in thinking that.

Alumni2k11

Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)
Reaction score
Well at least there's one sports team in St. Louis capable of scoring 16...

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Montrae Holland > Derek Holland. We got a good game out of one of them. The chances of both of them playing well are very slim :(

utrunner07

Reaction score
Im going to call an 8 inning shut out for Holland in a 4-0 victory for texas.

Tricericon

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4197111 said:
Montrae Holland > Derek Holland. We got a good game out of one of them. The chances of both of them playing well are very slim :(

Holland doesn't need to play well, just better than this Jackson character. I think he can do it.

utrunner07

Reaction score
RANGERS
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
CF Josh Hamilton
DH Michael Young
3B Adrian Beltre
RF Nelson Cruz
LF David Murphy
C Mike Napoli
1B Mitch Moreland

utrunner07

Reaction score
utrunner07;4197324 said:
RANGERS
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
CF Josh Hamilton
DH Michael Young
3B Adrian Beltre
RF Nelson Cruz
LF David Murphy
C Mike Napoli
1B Mitch Moreland

I'd have:
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Elvis Andrus
1B Michael Young
DH Josh Hamilton
3B Adrian Beltre
RF Nelson Cruz
LF David Murphy
C Mike Napoli
CF Craig Gentry

utrunner07

Reaction score
2nd best anthem so far behind the country guy in the ALCS G6. Chinook fly over very cool as well.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Zoe just sang the national anthem the way you are supposed to sing it.

Soft then strong then proud!!

Wow - awesome!!!