World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

Air Force One

Reaction score
8FOR!3;4194802 said:
I'm pretty sure Josh Hamilton had a hit tonight did he not?

6 runs isn't awful even at home, it's allowing 14 that is bad.

Maybe I'm wrong, I'm a football and basketball guy.

But it is pretty sad that there's a decent chance the Cowboys D will give up less points tomorrow than the Rangers did tonight.
Well he got the hit after I posted that. :)

I agree about the six runs...it should have been enough for our pitchers to get the job done.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
As a Cards fan, I thought both staffs have been trying to be too fine. That usually leads to all kinds of trouble. They should just be aggressive, stay ahead of the count, and if they get hit, they get hit.

A 2-1 lead isn't that big a deal. The manager or pitching coach who gets his staff in the right frame of mind will win the whole thing.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
14 runs...embarrassing. The Rams probably don't even score that much across the street. If the Rangers don't respond in a big way in game 4, they're going out in 5 again. This is the type of loss that changes the entire series. Cardinals' confidence in this ballpark is at an all-time high. They put up 12 runs twice in the Brewers hitter-friendly stadium and never looked back.

utrunner07

Reaction score
that WILL do it I believe, better get ready to reset for tomorrow, need these next 2.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
:laugh2: They're still going at it. 15 now and counting. Pathetic...what's the record for most runs scored in the World Series?

utrunner07

Reaction score
why should maguire be a HOFer? He cheated, he admitted it, pretty sure cheaters should not be in the HOF. And of course Joe Buck looking for ways for him to get in...

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Here's to hoping St. Louis blows their you know, and gets it out of their system tonight and they don't score another run in this series after this game.

Maybe the Cowboys will ruin the Cardinals' good times tomorrow when they beat St. Louis.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
I'm thinking that my time would be better served if I quit following the Rangers right now and start making fun of Dallas and his losing Sooners instead.

Remember: There's always a silver lining. You just need to find it.

Draegerman

PS: Eric, if you did half of what I did with our challenge, you'll thank me for it in a couple of days. ;)

utrunner07

Reaction score
Draegerman;4194848 said:
I'm thinking that my time would be better served if I quit following the Rangers right now and start making fun of Dallas and his losing Sooners instead.

:laugh2:

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Draegerman;4194848 said:

Remember: There's always a silver lining. You just need to find it.

Draegerman

PS: Eric, if you did half of what I did with our challenge, you'll thank me for it in a couple of days. ;)

Haha I did it all. Don't think I will again, didn't seem to have any good mojo going.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
The hardest part for me about following the Rangers is I don't know jack all about baseball. Haven't known anything about it since I stopped playing, which was either before or during middle school. I think I was getting good too, who knows. When I was little I was supposed to go to Nolan Ryan's last game, but he didn't get to pitch for whatever reason. I remember guys like Soriano, A-Rod, Pudge, but that's about where it ends for me. Never big baseball guy, but when the Texas Rangers are in the World Series, I've got to support the hometown team.

utrunner07

Reaction score
If Wash does not walk Pujols tomorrow with no one on he should be fired on the spot, no idea why he was pitched to there, lucky it does not matter.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Got to wonder what happens if the ump gets the call right in the 4th. Harrison was not pitching too bad.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Pujols just saying "I own this field" :bow: Can't do anything but tip your hat to him. He's the best player in the league and he's showing it tonight.

utrunner07

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4194868 said:
Pujols just saying "I own this field" :bow: Can't do anything but tip your hat to him. He's the best player in the league and he's showing it tonight.

Overreact much?:rolleyes:

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
utrunner07;4194867 said:
Got to wonder what happens if the ump gets the call right in the 4th. Harrison was not pitching too bad.

It definitely changed the momentum of the game. And Harrison wasn't doing bad at all. Who knows.