World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4194868 said:
Pujols just saying "I own this field" :bow: Can't do anything but tip your hat to him. He's the best player in the league and he's showing it tonight.

Seriously, go be a Cardinal fan then.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Win the next two and this game is nothing but a small blip. Pujols was 0-6 before tonight by the way.

utrunner07

Reaction score
oh will you look at that, pujols wants to talk to the media tonight? hmmm classy.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
utrunner07;4194875 said:
oh will you look at that, pujols wants to talk to the media tonight? hmmm classy.

Very classy. I hope Holland went through puberty since the last time he pitched.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Pujols has been considered the best (or Top-3 at worst) over the last 5+ years, not an overreaction at all. Just a HOF player having a legendary game, there's not much you can do about that.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Air Force One;4194877 said:
Man I'm glad this game is over. I hope St. Louis wasted a bunch of runs tonight.

Agreed. I know when the Rangers do this they are always cold the next day, hopefully that will be the case. Holland must pitch well and deep into the game.

utrunner07

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4194880 said:
Pujols has been considered the best (or Top-3 at worst) over the last 5+ years, not an overreaction at all. Just a HOF player having a legendary game, there's not much you can do about that.

Oh, so we have gone from the absolute best to now the best or the top 3...pretty sure if we looked at it he would be the best or the top 3 or in the top 5 or in the top 10. Not saying he is not great, but crowning him as the best is overboard.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
utrunner07;4194885 said:
judging by that stache....keep hoping

Hoping Holland has a good game is the only hope we have right now. We cannot lose tomorrow.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Did not see all games this season of course but I can not think of a worse game by a single infielder than Kinsler had tonight.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
The guy's always been the #1 player in the league to me. I'm pretty sure the majority of baseball fans agree and the minority that don't agree probably have him no lower than 3, that's what I meant.

I knew he'd have a field day in this ballpark. We thought Miguel Cabrera gave us problems...well that was nothing compared to Pujols at his best

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
utrunner07;4194895 said:
Did not see all games this season of course but I can not think of a worse game by a single infielder than Kinsler had tonight.

Kinsler had been good all year. Just a bad game. Elvis had a few during the season.

utrunner07

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4194908 said:
Kinsler had been good all year. Just a bad game. Elvis had a few during the season.

For sure, and he got pretty close to winning the game single handidly (with elvis and lewis as well of course) last night so he gets some leeway, but that just should not happen in the world series. On the other hand, I think its understandably that Harrison was flustered after the missed double play call (still think the ump should be banned to tball) but he has to come back and settle down after that instead of going meltdown mode. All in all, were in decent position to go 3-2 and going into the homestretch I think that was what was the most likely best case scenario. 3-2 with 2 chances to close it out seems good to me.

utrunner07

Reaction score
TheCoolFan;4194903 said:
The guy's always been the #1 player in the league to me. I'm pretty sure the majority of baseball fans agree and the minority that don't agree probably have him no lower than 3, that's what I meant.

I knew he'd have a field day in this ballpark. We thought Miguel Cabrera gave us problems...well that was nothing compared to Pujols at his best

Most cardinal fans agree he is #1, I think that is what you mean.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
utrunner07;4194947 said:
For sure, and he got pretty close to winning the game single handidly (with elvis and lewis as well of course) last night so he gets some leeway, but that just should not happen in the world series. On the other hand, I think its understandably that Harrison was flustered after the missed double play call (still think the ump should be banned to tball) but he has to come back and settle down after that instead of going meltdown mode. All in all, were in decent position to go 3-2 and going into the homestretch I think that was what was the most likely best case scenario. 3-2 with 2 chances to close it out seems good to me.

Yeah I agree. We aren't done by any means. But we definitely need the next two.

crazytown41

Reaction score
utrunner07;4194967 said:
We lost game 1 ALDS 9-0.
What does that even mean? Tigers lost game 1 of the ALDS. Won that. And then lost game 1 of the ALCS. Lost that.

Tigers lost game 4 of the ALDS 1-10. Won that series. Then they lost game 4 of the ALCS 3-7. Lost that.

Do you think sports is just a pattern?

Why bother watching the game then? It's all predetermined. :confused:

Air Force One

Reaction score
crazytown41;4195060 said:
What does that even mean? Tigers lost game 1 of the ALDS. Won that. And then lost game 1 of the ALCS. Lost that.

Tigers lost game 4 of the ALDS 1-10. Won that series. Then they lost game 4 of the ALCS 3-7. Lost that.

Do you think sports is just a pattern?

Why bother watching the game then? It's all predetermined. :confused:

Geez relax man he's just pointing out that the series is still winnable and used history to show its possible. Of course history also shows we might lose but he's trying to be positive, which at this point is all we can do.