World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

kmp77

Reaction score
So much for the good start. And %#@$! you Berkman for leaving Houston.

rcaldw

Reaction score
utrunner07;4205636 said:
You do realize this is a 9 inning game right?

You are correct, and I agree that we all live and die with a few plays more than we should, but you also have to admit that one bad mistake in a playoff game like this can cost you a ball game.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rcaldw;4205640 said:
That looked like a strike didn't it?

Yeah, and the first pitch to Young looked like a ball (even buck thought so), which really set the tone for Young's at bat.

utrunner07

Reaction score
rcaldw;4205639 said:
You are correct, and I agree that we all live and die with a few plays more than we should, but you also have to admit that one bad mistake in a playoff game like this can cost you a ball game.

Young has been that bad all post season and we have survived, just consider him the second pitcher in the line up and chalk it out to an easy out, anything else is a bonus. I do agree that bad mistakes will cost you, but I don't see either of those ABs, especially Beltre's as a mistake, we are not batting off a tee here (and again, young is just being young, what can you do)

utrunner07

Reaction score
Part of the difference is Napoli is batting with tons confidence and Young is batting with absolutely 0 confidence.

rcaldw

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4205642 said:
Yeah, and the first pitch to Young looked like a ball (even buck thought so), which really set the tone for Young's at bat.

I agree Eric, I thought so too.

rcaldw

Reaction score
We need to stay patient and not let Garcia pitch us out of the zone.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rcaldw;4205655 said:
I agree Eric, I thought so too.

But I'm also biased :laugh2: I'm just not a fan of umpires. Well done Gentry. Now a good bunt here Colby and we have the top of the line up ready to go again.