World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

MC KAos

Reaction score
my god, im cheering for the dallas mavericks of baseball!! can the cards sign lebron james before game 7?

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rcaldw;4206613 said:
Ron Washington is a great motivator. His players love to play for him. His greatest strength will be needed for tomorrow, which is getting his players to believe that yesterday was yesterday and all that matters is today.

But he is NOT a good game day manager. Just isn't.

-Not pinch hitting with the bases loaded, only to pull Lewis 1 inning later.
-Keeping a bunt on when the 1st and 3rd basemen were standing on top of Lewis
-Choosing to play Michael Young at 1B who absolutely killed us with 2 sickening errors.
-And then the HORRIBLE use of his bullpen at almost every turn down the stretch.

Just a bad, bad, bad night for the manager.

I agree with you other than the Young one. Yeah Mike was sickening, but he just has to make those plays because we need his bat.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
windward;4206619 said:
This ranks pretty high for me right now.

Of course, if we win tomorrow it will plummet down the rankings.

If we win, it will be non-existent. But man, we are going to have to really pull one out tomorrow.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rcaldw;4206617 said:
and I still say that Nelson Cruz has to make the catch in the 9th. He drifts back and lets it get over his head.

I agree. That's the game. A very playable ball.

utrunner07

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4206624 said:
I agree. That's the game. A very playable ball.

Its just like every time it came down to that one last play to win it someone had a complete collapse.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Crazy idea, and I admit its crazy when I throw it out, but just curious about your reaction.

What if we STARTED Ogando tomorrow? He started all year. It may actually settle him down. If he could go 4-5 innings and then you go to Harrison, it might get you deep into the game. I don't think you can go to Ogando late in a game again. He's a head case now.

Again, I KNOW this won't happen, just curious what you think about the idea?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Air Force One;4206615 said:
That's what worries me...afraid this carries over to tomorrow....and our pitching staff is completely burned now too....and Cruz and Napoli hurt...

If we don't win tomorrow this is going to be a tough pill to swallow

If it's any consolation, they burned through their bullpen as well.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
utrunner07;4206625 said:
Its just like every time it came down to that one last play to win it someone had a complete collapse.

I'm afraid I will be re-living this game for the rest of my life. Please oh please win tomorrow.

Air Force One

Reaction score
I will say this though this is still not as bad as Dwight Clark's catch for me. I watched that live as well and I was gutted beyond belief. Every time I watch that replay I still swear he won't catch it and the ball will sail out the back of the endzone.

But this game is number two, that's for sure

gmb85

Reaction score
yimyammer;4206610 said:
I don't think I've ever been more sick about a loss, this feels worse than "The catch" or the losses to Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl, I feel awful right now, I can't even imagine how bad those players feel.
Wow, THAT bad? Thank goodness I didn't watch then.

Air Force One

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4206629 said:
I'm afraid I will be re-living this game for the rest of my life. Please oh please win tomorrow.
That's what I'm afraid of too

Just have to hope our players arent thinking like us.

crazytown41

Reaction score
rcaldw;4206613 said:
Ron Washington is a great motivator. His players love to play for him. His greatest strength will be needed for tomorrow, which is getting his players to believe that yesterday was yesterday and all that matters is today.

But he is NOT a good game day manager. Just isn't.

-Not pinch hitting with the bases loaded, only to pull Lewis 1 inning later.
-Keeping a bunt on when the 1st and 3rd basemen were standing on top of Lewis
-Choosing to play Michael Young at 1B who absolutely killed us with 2 sickening errors.
-And then the HORRIBLE use of his bullpen at almost every turn down the stretch.

Just a bad, bad, bad night for the manager.
And that's not even half of it. No clue why he pinch hit for Feldman when nobody was in scoring position. for what? to put in a guy that hasn't pitched a meaningful inning in the entire playoffs? I wouldve been surprised if the Cards DIDN'T end it in the 11th

Guy is a terrible manager. La Russa making him look like a fool with that Holland decoy said it all. Should be on top of the dugout dancing and waving his arms around. Not managing a team.

yimyammer

Reaction score
windward;4206619 said:
This ranks pretty high for me right now.

Of course, if we win tomorrow it will plummet down the rankings.

Agreed, but I don't think I can watch it, I could puke right now, I'm questioning my sanity right now as to why I can let something like this effect me this badly and I'm not even a freaking baseball fan. I live and die with the Cowboys but I've never felt so bad. I hope by some miracle they can pull this off but I just don't see how they can come back from this. If they do, they'll prove how amazing they are, not just as athletes but their amazing will to overcome such devastation.

I can't believe this just happened, can't sleep, can't think, I'm a mess

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
This has been a great World Series for a neutral observer. I've been pulling for the Cards because I do not like the AL but really would not care if either team wins. Every game has been exciting, even the Pujols 3 HR crusher. Hopefully the excitement will continue tomorrow with a great finish to a great Series.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4206629 said:

I'm going to be a nervous wreck all day tomorrow.

rcaldw

Reaction score
When someone punches you in the mouth you can react one of two ways. You can shrink back and yield your turf, or you can stand up and fight to the death.

I'm hoping someone in that Rangers clubhouse is mad right now. I'm hoping someone says, we WILL NOT end the season like this.

Come out fast, take the wind out of their sails tomorrow, and bring the championship home.

yimyammer

Reaction score
gmb85;4206631 said:
Wow, THAT bad? Thank goodness I didn't watch then.

I'm an idiot, I shouldn't care this much about something so meaningless in the scheme of life. I need to take a good, hard look at what the heck is going on with me, this ain't normal

rcaldw

Reaction score
Ron Washington HAS to get through his thick skull what every fan knows.

1. Mark Lowe better not see the mound again this season.
2. Darren Oliver cannot be used in the final inning of any game... period.
3. If you have a questionable reliever and a better one behind them... just start the inning with the better one.

4. Oh yea, German doesn't need another AB