World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

Air Force One

Reaction score
Heck we should just be happy to be in a game seven. We lose game two like we should have this series would be over right now:eek:

yimyammer

Reaction score
windward;4206667 said:
If theres anything I can say that might help is this:

Things always look the darkest and most hopeless after a gut wrenching loss. And this was the mother of all gut wrenchers. But maybe, just maybe this team has one great game left in this season. Sometimes things turn around quickly.

I may be horrified by the results tomorrow, but I'll be there to support my team nonetheless. I suspect you will as well.

Hope you're right..I'll always support them, I just don't know if I can handle watching the game, it makes me a nervous wreck, I think I have a screw loose.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4206645 said:
They have to. They are a very resilient bunch of guys, Wash included. This is so huge. I want to watch tomorrow, and I will watch tomorrow. I just hope it isn't 9 innings of pain.

I thought we had it.

It was so tantalizingly close. Twice. I'm still in shock, trying to figure out what happening.

We experience the agony tonight, hopefully we get the ecstasy tomorrow.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Air Force One;4206676 said:
Heck we should just be happy to be in a game seven. We lose game two like we should have this series would be over right now:eek:

Well you can also say the same for the Cardinals. I think they are going to feel too safe going into game 7, might be our advantage. They acted like they had won it all tonight (maybe they have). But still one game.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
windward;4206678 said:
It was so tantalizingly close. Twice. I'm still in shock, trying to figure out what happening.

We experience the agony tonight, hopefully we get the ecstasy tomorrow.

I hope so. The good guys deserve to win once.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
rcaldw;4206672 said:
The worst thing about this will be hearing Cardinal love for the next several hours, PLUS, no matter what kind of lead we might have tomorrow, there will be no sense of safety.

Oh, I can't watch the rest of tonight. Just can't. But after a sleep I'll probably be tuned to MLB network all day tomorrow.

Air Force One

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4206679 said:
Well you can also say the same for the Cardinals. I think they are going to feel too safe going into game 7, might be our advantage. They acted like they had won it all tonight (maybe they have). But still one game.

I'm most worried about our pitching...if Harrison stumbles, who do we go to? It's possible we could get blown out tomorrow. Heck we let them score 10 just tonight.....an we will be much weaker in the pitching department for game 7 going against Carpenter.

Air Force One

Reaction score
comment from ESPN reporter:

"headed back from clubhouses. have to say rangers one was not nearly A's morose A's I thought it would be."

Maybe they are taking this okay and can really bounce back

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Air Force One;4206684 said:
I'm most worried about our pitching...if Harrison stumbles, who do we go to? It's possible we could get blown out tomorrow. Heck we let them score 10 just tonight.....an we will be much weaker in the pitching department for game 7 going against Carpenter.

I agree with you. I trust no one in the pen. I hope Harrison can go 5 and then I give it to CJ, and I'm series, CJ will be ready. And just hope our bats come alive.

I hope Cruz and Napoli can go tomorrow or it makes it that more difficult.

If any team could come back from this it would be the Rangers. Here's to hoping.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Air Force One;4206687 said:
comment from ESPN reporter:

"headed back from clubhouses. have to say rangers one was not nearly A's morose A's I thought it would be."

Maybe they are taking this okay and can really bounce back

They would be the team to do that. The Cardinals will be feeling confident, and I think that helps the Rangers.

CowTech

Reaction score
I'm still in shock over this. What the hell just happened? How could that of happened? We can't get 2 efffing stikes? I just had a major overreaction meltdown of my own that will cost me a lot of money. I feel sick and depressed, never thought sports could cause me this much grief. To get here 2 years in a row and come within 1 strike two times and blow it? unbelievable, just unbelievable

gmb85

Reaction score
Baseball is cruel.

But here we go, everybody counting out the Rangers which is kinda good. I think the team can come back. I really do and I'm usually not the optimistic type.

utrunner07

Reaction score
CowTech;4206691 said:
I'm still in shock over this. What the hell just happened? How could that of happened? We can't get 2 efffing stikes? I just had a major overreaction meltdown of my own that will cost me a lot of money. I feel sick and depressed, never thought sports could cause me this much grief. To get here 2 years in a row and come within 1 strike two times and blow it? unbelievable, just unbelievable

TV took the rage?

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
CowTech;4206691 said:

I hear you buddy. We can do it though.

Also welcome to the board. Wish your first post could have been about the Rangers being Champions though. :welcome:

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
utrunner07;4206700 said:
Just fyi rumors have been going around that carpenter is not 100% at all...

That's great to hear. Honestly I'm not worried about him, we can get to him easily. I'm worried about each and every pitcher we have.