World Series: Texas Rangers vs St. Louis Cardinals

JBS

Reaction score
i had no idea the rangers had such diehard fans...tough game tonight, fellas..i am rooting for you guys and I think you guys will win tomorrow night

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rcaldw;4206640 said:
When someone punches you in the mouth you can react one of two ways. You can shrink back and yield your turf, or you can stand up and fight to the death.

I'm hoping someone in that Rangers clubhouse is mad right now. I'm hoping someone says, we WILL NOT end the season like this.

Come out fast, take the wind out of their sails tomorrow, and bring the championship home.

They have to. They are a very resilient bunch of guys, Wash included. This is so huge. I want to watch tomorrow, and I will watch tomorrow. I just hope it isn't 9 innings of pain.

I thought we had it.

Air Force One

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4206639 said:
Yeah. I don't know what to do. This hurts.

I feel like taking a hammer and smashing my hand so i don't notice how bad my heart is hurting

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
yimyammer;4206641 said:
I'm an idiot, I shouldn't care this much about something so meaningless in the scheme of life. I need to take a good, hard look at what the heck is going on with me, this ain't normal

Well I'm right there with you.

crazytown41

Reaction score
And let's not forget Washington wasted Holland tonight for 2 innings instead of going to his bullpen that hasn't pitched in 2 days.

Now Holland will be unavailable for game 7 and their entire season will depend on Matt Harrison.

Way to put your team in the best position to win Wash! :laugh2:

Anyone who doesn't think Wash isn't to blame either didn't watch the game or doesn't have a clue

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Air Force One;4206646 said:
I feel like taking a hammer and smashing my hand so i don't notice how bad my heart is hurting

What's worse I got dumped yesterday, pretty downer of a couple of days. Lol. Was hoping the Rangers would bail me out. Ha

utrunner07

Reaction score
rcaldw;4206640 said:
When someone punches you in the mouth you can react one of two ways. You can shrink back and yield your turf, or you can stand up and fight to the death.

I'm hoping someone in that Rangers clubhouse is mad right now. I'm hoping someone says, we WILL NOT end the season like this.

Come out fast, take the wind out of their sails tomorrow, and bring the championship home.

I like the way you think.

rcaldw

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4206650 said:
What's worse I got dumped yesterday, pretty downer of a couple of days. Lol. Was hoping the Rangers would bail me out. Ha

Well, I don't know your situation Eric, but if the one who dumped you was your girlfriend (I'm hoping it wasn't your wife :)), be encouraged. The best thing that ever happened to me 29 years ago was getting dumped. My wife and I have now been married 28 years, and she is incomparable (in the best way) to the one I thought I "lost". :)

kristie

Reaction score

i'm sorry.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
rcaldw;4206656 said:
Well, I don't know your situation Eric, but if the one who dumped you was your girlfriend (I'm hoping it wasn't your wife :)), be encouraged. The best thing that ever happened to me 29 years ago was getting dumped. My wife and I have now been married 28 years, and she is incomparable (in the best way) to the one I thought I "lost". :)

Haha well thanks man. And she wasn't my wife, definitely thought she could be though. But I guess not.

yimyammer

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4206647 said:
Well I'm right there with you.

There's something therapeutic about sharing this pain with you guys. I think I've become like Parcells and I can't see the joy of winning tomorrow being greater than the pain of this loss, but I'll gladly take it over another night like tonight, I just don't see how in the world they recover and they have to feel way worse than I do.

Geez, I still can't believe it, its like a bad dream I can't wake up out of, UGH! I'm sooo frustrated.

Air Force One

Reaction score
Ouch that sucks. I woke up today and my cat has developed kidney failure....was really having a bad day. I guess both of us were looking to this game to cheer us up. didn't really work out that way but I will say this:

we have to think about the important things in life at a time like this. I still have my mom... and my best friend.... and my cat won't die tonight... and you will find another girl. One that you love and that loves you back unconditionally. :)

This isn't the end of the world, it just feels like it. :)

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
yimyammer;4206635 said:
Agreed, but I don't think I can watch it, I could puke right now, I'm questioning my sanity right now as to why I can let something like this effect me this badly and I'm not even a freaking baseball fan. I live and die with the Cowboys but I've never felt so bad. I hope by some miracle they can pull this off but I just don't see how they can come back from this. If they do, they'll prove how amazing they are, not just as athletes but their amazing will to overcome such devastation.

I can't believe this just happened, can't sleep, can't think, I'm a mess

If theres anything I can say that might help is this:

Things always look the darkest and most hopeless after a gut wrenching loss. And this was the mother of all gut wrenchers. But maybe, just maybe this team has one great game left in this season. Sometimes things turn around quickly.

I may be horrified by the results tomorrow, but I'll be there to support my team nonetheless. I suspect you will as well.

rcaldw

Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4206661 said:
Haha well thanks man. And she wasn't my wife, definitely thought she could be though. But I guess not.

:) Well so did I. I was actually engaged to the first girl. She turned out to be a real loser too. I was blind. 28 wonderful years later, 4 children, and 1 grandchild on the way, I couldn't be more blessed. Getting dumped can be a great blessing. Be encouraged!

gmb85

Reaction score
yimyammer;4206641 said:
I'm an idiot, I shouldn't care this much about something so meaningless in the scheme of life. I need to take a good, hard look at what the heck is going on with me, this ain't normal
Baseball is a strange *** sport. Anything is possible. And I thought the NBA Finals were stressful.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Haha thanks guys. I'm good. Just hoping the Rangers would have one.

The Rangers just have to come in believing they can.

rcaldw

Reaction score
The worst thing about this will be hearing Cardinal love for the next several hours, PLUS, no matter what kind of lead we might have tomorrow, there will be no sense of safety.

spookyoldtree

Reaction score
Rangers are in deep shiit now thanks to washington's devastating deployment today.
Will have to be really really lucky to win tomorrow.