World Series

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
So happy with this as a series. I love old fashioned, traditional baseball. Boston has some magic working for them this fall too.

There is nothing old fashioned or traditional about beards in baseball.

While I was growing up watching baseball, .. a manager, coach nor player ever had a full beard like we see now.

It looks ridiculous.

Other than that I don't care who wins. ;)

Rogah

Reaction score
Well the managers and all the talking heads are saying just the opposite.
About 10 years ago the umps swallowed their pride and decided that it was better to overrule an obviously bad call than let it stand. I recently watched a piece about the 2004 ALCS and there were 2 such overrulings in game 6, each of which benefit the Red Sox. A HR was originally ruled a double then overruled, and the A-Rod slap play was overruled.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I hate Boston.

Big papi is great though ... Love the guy.

Boston will sweep them.... AGAIN!!

Big Sloppi is all the reason needed to root against the Sux. Well, the stupid beards also.

Boston has way over achieved all year but the run ends as the Cards pay them back for 04.

Bizwah

Reaction score
How can you say the Sox were robbed? It was the right call. Like it or not...

Bizwah

Reaction score
Intent doesn't matter. Right call. Stupid way to end a game.

This isn't a controversy. The rule needs looked at. I don't know what the third baseman should do. But it was the right call.

All this controversy comes from the a Sox making two terrible plays there. The catcher should not have thrown the ball. The third baseman should've come off the bag to make the catch.

Rogah

Reaction score
Intent doesn't matter. Right call. Stupid way to end a game.

This isn't a controversy. The rule needs looked at. I don't know what the third baseman should do. But it was the right call.

All this controversy comes from the a Sox making two terrible plays there. The catcher should not have thrown the ball. The third baseman should've come off the bag to make the catch.
It was absolutely the right call and that umpire has balls of solid steel for making that call in that situation. Also, there's no problem with the rule. A fielder cannot interfere with a runner when the ball is in play. It was that extra kick that did the Sox in.

Saltalamacchia was a moron for making that throw, which is virtually the identical mistake Breslow made in game 2. In both cases, the idiots should have just left well enough alone - especially tonight when they got the lead runner for the 2nd out. I mean srsly... with guys at 2nd and 3rd and 1 out, be happy you got the guy at 3rd heading home. You're not going to get a double play out of that.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
OBSTRUCTION.gif

Yep easy call and the ump was able to catch it too, unlike the one still shot that is going around which shows him looking the other way but he turns his head in time.
Obstruction calls are made regardless of intent, as the commentators just said.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It's supposed to be flagrant to be obstruction. It's a judgment call here as to whether or not it is flagrant although I see why it was called. That doesn't mean it would always be called that way.

ologan

Reaction score
It was absolutely the right call and that umpire has balls of solid steel for making that call in that situation. Also, there's no problem with the rule. A fielder cannot interfere with a runner when the ball is in play. It was that extra kick that did the Sox in.

Saltalamacchia was a moron for making that throw, which is virtually the identical mistake Breslow made in game 2. In both cases, the idiots should have just left well enough alone - especially tonight when they got the lead runner for the 2nd out. I mean srsly... with guys at 2nd and 3rd and 1 out, be happy you got the guy at 3rd heading home. You're not going to get a double play out of that.

It's easy to have "balls of steel" when you make that call.....at Busch Stadium!