World Series

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Ranger fan first,,, Red Sox second.... Happy Camper...

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I like you more for the Texas WS loss a few years back over the Red Sox win yesterday. The rangers had that World Series... What a Shame. :)~

Now I'm depressed... yes they did... should have won...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Been a fan since 59. This is as sweet as 2004...almost. Lived thru 67, 75, and then the Mets debacle. Now three titles in ten years.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Now I'm depressed... yes they did... should have won...

I gotta tell ya. I know what Washington was trying to do.
He was trying to give long time journeyman Oliver a chance to close and win the world series.
The problem was... Oliver is a junk ball pitcher.

At the time I agreed with Washington I thought it was poetic. Just didn't work out.

Rogah

Reaction score
He was trying to give long time journeyman Oliver a chance to close and win the world series.

At the time I agreed with Washington I thought it was poetic. Just didn't work out.
John McNamara did the same thing when he left Bill Buckner in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series, instead of bringing in defensive replacement Dave Stapleton, like he had been doing all season (and in that World Series).

Now, in all fairness, people often forget that the game was tied and the Mets had already overcome their 2-run deficit prior to the Buckner error so the best Stapleton does is send that game to the 11th..... but still....

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
John McNamara did the same thing when he left Bill Buckner in Game 6 of the 1986 World Series, instead of bringing in defensive replacement Dave Stapleton, like he had been doing all season (and in that World Series).

Now, in all fairness, people often forget that the game was tied and the Mets had already overcome their 2-run deficit prior to the Buckner error so the best Stapleton does is send that game to the 11th..... but still....

Buckner, love that guy :D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Buckner, love that guy :D

Loved Buckner, too, but he cost us the Series. Buckner was left in the game in the 10th after the Sox went up two runs. The rest is history so yes Buckner cost the Sox the game and ultimately the Series.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Loved Buckner, too, but he cost us the Series. Buckner was left in the game in the 10th after the Sox went up two runs. The rest is history so yes Buckner cost the Sox the game and ultimately the Series.

Mets would have won anyways, was destiny..................:cool:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Mets would have won anyways, was destiny..................:cool:

I took a bet with a loud mouth Sox fan buddy after the Sox won the first two. To this day it was the best payoff I've ever collected.

jimmy40

Reaction score

it was a stupid move, just freaking stupid and it sucks that PEDs don't help catching a fly ball on the warning track.

oh and congrats Boston.