World War II and The Aftermath

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
With most of western Europe defeated, Hitler turns east and attacks USSR. Why?

He severely underestimated the Russians and over-estimated the worth of his **** allies in Ukraine. The Banderites, who are still there by the way and being sent billions of dollars by the US government, were not as effective a force as he thought. He thought he would easily seize a sizable chunk of Russia by taking Ukraine and cut the Russians off from their main Naval port in Crimea.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
The Japanese are plain strange
They are very respectful at Pearl Harbor; I visited there on the 50th anniversary and the government sent a high ranking delegation in respect; as were all the Japanese tourists

Well, Hawaii has since even well before WWII a large population of Japanese. My late Uncle was Japanese but was from Hawaii, and while he considered himself American/Hawaiian, his family was from Japan and also considered themselves Japanese. It's complicated as they say. My Uncle was a great guy, he and his family, very nice people which has been my experience with most Japanese people.

rags747

Reaction score
Well, Hawaii has since even well before WWII a large population of Japanese. My late Uncle was Japanese but was from Hawaii, and while he considered himself American/Hawaiian, his family was from Japan and also considered themselves Japanese. It's complicated as they say. My Uncle was a great guy, he and his family, very nice people which has been my experience with most Japanese people.
Was he rounded up during the war?

terra

Reaction score
Chemical weapons outlawed since WWI and yet the US through 3rd parties supplied Iraq with chemical weapons in their war vs Iran. Unpunished war crimes, there are many unpunished war crimes but I’ll leave it at that before I’m removed from further posting. As long as we all remember that it’s the Winners that get to write the story.
Actually Germany on their OWN supplied most of the equipment sadaam userd to make Chemical Weapons. Trying to blame the US for everything is rather stupid

terra

Reaction score
The oil embargo was the result of Japan's aggression in Asia.

What I never understood was why Japan's atrocities were not treated the same way Germany's were. While Germany tried to devise more efficient ways to kill Jews, Japan killed the Chinese in the most brutal ways they could imagine. Japan used chemical weapons against the Chinese as well, which was outlawed after WWI. Japan was guilty of a long list of war crimes, many of which went unpunished.
The State Department convinced MacArthur to pardon the members of Unit 731. Who did crimes that surpassed the **** doctors at the Death Camps
But you never hear about that do you?

Japan has frankly gotten too much of a free ride for what it did in the 30's and 40's and no the A Bombs certainly did not make them pay enough

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They don't make up for the estimated 20 million dead chinese in WW2 due to the Japanese
Of course not. More deaths will never make up for any atrocity. Also, the A-bombs weren't about punishment, they were about a show of strength, and a warning. My point was simply that they didn't get off scot-free.

terra

Reaction score
Of course not. More deaths will never make up for any atrocity. Also, the A-bombs weren't about punishment, they were about a show of strength, and a warning. My point was simply that they didn't get off scot-free.
frankly a slap on the wrist for what they did

rags747

Reaction score
Actually Germany on their OWN supplied most of the equipment sadaam userd to make Chemical Weapons. Trying to blame the US for everything is rather stupid
Of course not everything, but the White Hats are not always as they seem.

terra

Reaction score
Of course not everything, but the White Hats are not always as they seem.
this is a pathetic tactic to try and claim everyone is the same and there are no real villains, isn't it?

I suppose now you want to compare FDR to Hitler and say they were equally guilty?

So many refuse to judge when judging is what people do every day

Or is it the lack of courage to make a stand?

terra

Reaction score
It seems like you have a problem with Japanese people, how long has that been an issue?
seems like you have a problem dealing with reality
Reality is that Japan actually may have killed more than Germany did but no one gives then anywhere near as much grief
But somehow you do not get that
Why is it?
Afraid to judge?

rags747

Reaction score
this is a pathetic tactic to try and claim everyone is the same and there are no real villains, isn't it?

I suppose now you want to compare FDR to Hitler and say they were equally guilty?

So many refuse to judge when judging is what people do every day

Or is it the lack of courage to make a stand?
No, people like you Judge everyday. It is wildly evident by all of your 7th grade level responses to so many threads here. Time to grow up and leave the basement junior.

nobody

Reaction score
seems like you have a problem dealing with reality
Reality is that Japan actually may have killed more than Germany did but no one gives then anywhere near as much grief
But somehow you do not get that
Why is it?
Afraid to judge?

So what if they did? How many of those people are even still alive? Why hold a grudge against an entire people for something their ancestors did? That was something the Japanese Empire did on the orders of their Emperor. Currently the Emperor has no political power whatsoever so it's not even the same form of government.

Should Germany be hated forever too? Should England be hated for the Revolutionary war? How about should we as people now be hated for what our ancestors did to natives? How far back should it go?

Did they get a slap on the wrist? They had two cities destroyed by atomic bomb. They were forced to give up a standing military and could only have a defense force and relied on us for defense through the Cold War. They might have gotten a slap on the wrist, but it was a political decision based on necessity. Turn an enemy into an ally and have access to a strategic location to keep Communism in check or pull a WW I and crush them economically as punishment and maybe set up a future war later? Hard choice, huh?

In the world as it is, rarely do nations and people get what is just and deserved when you have to consider long-term ramification and geopolitics.

Creeper

Reaction score
Chemical weapons outlawed since WWI and yet the US through 3rd parties supplied Iraq with chemical weapons in their war vs Iran. Unpunished war crimes, there are many unpunished war crimes but I’ll leave it at that before I’m removed from further posting. As long as we all remember that it’s the Winners that get to write the story.

I am not touching this one.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Least to me, Japan was very stupid for starting a war anyway. A small island with limited resources, what did they think they were going to take over the whole world.
World I started World II with all the reparations that the victors wanted from Germany and basically cutting Germany’s military down. Couple that with the Great Depression and you have a recipe for countries and people to start a war. Japan was different. They fight slighted by how they were treated at Treaty of Versailles which ended WWI. The European countries treated Japan like second class humans. They weren’t even able to sit at the table with the other reps and basically was seated at the side even though they fought along the Allies in WW I. The Japanese were very upset with the disrespect they received at the Treaty and this foster their resentment towards those countries.

lukin2006

Reaction score
The aftermath after WW2 has lead to war after war after war? No way life has improved for the vast majority of earths population. It should be. But it’s not. Vast majority are just slaves to a ridiculous machine…

nobody

Reaction score
World I started World II with all the reparations that the victors wanted from Germany and basically cutting Germany’s military down. Couple that with the Great Depression and you have a recipe for countries and people to start a war. Japan was different. They fight slighted by how they were treated at Treaty of Versailles which ended WWI. The European countries treated Japan like second class humans. They weren’t even able to sit at the table with the other reps and basically was seated at the side even though they fought along the Allies in WW I. The Japanese were very upset with the disrespect they received at the Treaty and this foster their resentment towards those countries.

A huge percentage of today's current problems are a direct result of the aftermath and negotiations after WWI. They flubbed that treaty up so badly that it's still causing wars, troubles, etc.