World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Stock Jumps Today After Announcing Network Subscriber Milestone

NickZepp

Reaction score
Sites are saying that it is for hyping the Fastline PPV announcing it's card or something like that.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I don't know what Kane was like but he must make a ton of money now because he is involved in almost every big match so it's as though they want to make sure he works a lot. They cannot be so blind to see the fans do not care.

The one that makes that Golddust stupid is that dumb Stardust. He's ridiculous!

And maybe it's just me but Cena looks so dumb trying to act like he's some badass. Horrible actor!

More SETH!

Kane's gimmick is one that will hit or miss. They did a great job of debuting him in the WWE, but with that type of gimmick the storylines are going to be either homeruns or very bad looking strikeouts.

The issue becomes that I don't think the Kane gimmick has a long shelf life. So then you get a guy like him that you don't want to jump ship to WCW, but he still wants to be paid. And you can't just pay him for nothing. Back in the 70's and 80's the gimmick like Kane's would have worked for a while and then they would have repackaged him into something else. Now they don't do that, mainly because they can't since WWE is the only game in town.

I never got into the Goldust gimmick. To me, that was also extremely hit or miss. I know the WWE really likes Goldust because he is good at wrestling their style or in-ring wrestling, but I don't think he's Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart good. I think Cody Rhodes just doesn't quite have 'it.' He desperately tries to have 'it', will do whatever you ask and has some in-ring skills, but they are trying to make him into a bigger player than what he is good for. They would be better off having him build up and put over younger prospects.

I think the Cena gimmick has run its course. And everybody know he's not going to put over Rusev.

YR

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Kane's gimmick is one that will hit or miss. They did a great job of debuting him in the WWE, but with that type of gimmick the storylines are going to be either homeruns or very bad looking strikeouts.

The issue becomes that I don't think the Kane gimmick has a long shelf life. So then you get a guy like him that you don't want to jump ship to WCW, but he still wants to be paid. And you can't just pay him for nothing. Back in the 70's and 80's the gimmick like Kane's would have worked for a while and then they would have repackaged him into something else. Now they don't do that, mainly because they can't since WWE is the only game in town.

I never got into the Goldust gimmick. To me, that was also extremely hit or miss. I know the WWE really likes Goldust because he is good at wrestling their style or in-ring wrestling, but I don't think he's Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart good. I think Cody Rhodes just doesn't quite have 'it.' He desperately tries to have 'it', will do whatever you ask and has some in-ring skills, but they are trying to make him into a bigger player than what he is good for. They would be better off having him build up and put over younger prospects.

I think the Cena gimmick has run its course. And everybody know he's not going to put over Rusev.

YR

I've never liked Cena. Not for a minute. The absolute worse actor on there until Brock talks & starts calling everybody "baby"

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I've never liked Cena. Not for a minute. The absolute worse actor on there until Brock talks & starts calling everybody "baby"

I like that Cena actually tries. Years of Hogan phoning in main events and unwilling to put anybody over will do that to you. Cena on the other hand tries to make the match work, he's just not very good at it . But, he has put guys over.

Most of the faces in my lifetime were very corny so that helped me appreciate the heels even more. I look at Cena as very corny, the problem is that there hasn't been much in the way of heels that I really enjoy (outside of CM Punk and the late Umaga).

The only non-corny faces I can think of growing up (that were sustained faces for a long time) was Magnum TA, Andre the Giant and Ricky Steamboat.

YR

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I like that Cena actually tries. Years of Hogan phoning in main events and unwilling to put anybody over will do that to you. Cena on the other hand tries to make the match work, he's just not very good at it . But, he has put guys over.

Most of the faces in my lifetime were very corny so that helped me appreciate the heels even more. I look at Cena as very corny, the problem is that there hasn't been much in the way of heels that I really enjoy (outside of CM Punk and the late Umaga).

The only non-corny faces I can think of growing up (that were sustained faces for a long time) was Magnum TA, Andre the Giant and Ricky Steamboat

YR

From all you guys tell me Getting Punk back would be an instant improvement. He'd rile up WM for sure but I guess that won't happen again. I wish I had been watching then.

Cena is corny & as I said a horrible actor. He just doesn't have it in him to be badass. If he left I would not miss him.

Hulk Hogan is stuck in the 70's or whenever he was around. Ugh. The way he talks I wanna slap him.

What happened to that Orton guy? Did he quit?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What happened to that Orton guy? Did he quit?

Why Randy Orton Didn't Return at the Royal Rumble, Return Updates on Bo Dallas and Heath Slater
By Marc Middleton
Jan 26, 2015 - 2:01:24 PM

- As noted, Randy Orton was in the Northeast last night but did not make his return, despite being advertised, at the WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view. Orton was actually backstage, dressed to wrestle and ready to go but his return being delayed again was said to be a storyline decision.

Bo Dallas and Heath Slater were both backstage last night but obviously not used. Both are scheduled to be back in action soon, possibly this week if WWE tapes new content.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...las_and_Heath_Slater.html#zbvHUKpHHXWzFUsw.99

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Why Randy Orton Didn't Return at the Royal Rumble, Return Updates on Bo Dallas and Heath Slater
By Marc Middleton
Jan 26, 2015 - 2:01:24 PM

- As noted, Randy Orton was in the Northeast last night but did not make his return, despite being advertised, at the WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view. Orton was actually backstage, dressed to wrestle and ready to go but his return being delayed again was said to be a storyline decision.

Bo Dallas and Heath Slater were both backstage last night but obviously not used. Both are scheduled to be back in action soon, possibly this week if WWE tapes new content.

Read more at http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...las_and_Heath_Slater.html#zbvHUKpHHXWzFUsw.99

I hadn't seen that Bo Dallas in so long I forgot all about him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Triple H Is the Perfect Antagonist for Sting at WrestleMania 31
By Donald Wood, Featured Columnist Jan 30, 2015

hi-res-5176e76a9afd5292b8e28062232edbeb_crop_north.jpg

There is a portion of the WWE Universe that was dead set on Sting fighting The Undertaker at WrestleMania 31, but the truth is that Triple H is the perfect antagonist for the wrestling legend’s debut match with the company.

Sting made his first appearance in the WWE at Survivor Series by attacking Triple H and helping Dolph Ziggler and his team earn the victory, effectively removing The Authority from power.

After John Cena was forced to re-hire Triple H and Stephanie McMahon, Sting once again made his presence felt by distracting The Authority, allowing Cena to earn the jobs back for fired Superstars Ziggler, Erick Rowan and Ryback.

With the groundwork for a WrestleMania match successfully laid, there is now legitimate contempt between Triple H and Sting.

This feud works on several different levels. For those wrestling fans who enjoy the history of the sport, Triple H was one of the faces of the WWE during the Attitude Era and was a major player in the war against the WCW. Add in the fact that Sting was one of the top faces in WCW while Triple H was one of the top heels in the WWE, and this is a battle for the ages.

Read much more: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...letter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=wwe

Just to follow up on this, the other rumoured matches for Wrestlemania 31 are as follows:

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns

Triple H vs. Sting

Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

John Cena vs. Rusev

Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton

NickZepp

Reaction score
I don't see the Undertaker wrestling this year. Has anyone seen newer photos of him? It'll take longer than 2 months for him to get ready for Wrestlemania.

the-undertaker-december-2014-1024x683.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see the Undertaker wrestling this year. Has anyone seen newer photos of him? It'll take longer than 2 months for him to get ready for Wrestlemania.

the-undertaker-december-2014-1024x683.jpg

Yeah, that's about the right look for a guy who at one point wrestled with and against Bruiser Brody in 1985.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
That "announcement" was a bunch of nothing. I just watched it.

They did make a big deal out of Rock. I think he will be there for WM maybe.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
That "announcement" was a bunch of nothing. I just watched it.

They did make a big deal out of Rock. I think he will be there for WM maybe.

What a bunch of BS that opening segment was. Only reason I MAY watch Fastlane or whatever they are calling the next PPV is to see how they work the Sting/HHH angle. Everything else is already boring to me.

They really are doing a good job of making me not care. And the next 7 months are really my "peak" interest time in professional wrestling as nothing else happens on Monday nights.

NickZepp

Reaction score
The announcement is that Bryan and Reigns will fight in FL to go to WM. But everyone knows that Bryan won't win that. It would invalidate a big 4 PPV. They will use this to make Reigns go across stronger.

NickZepp

Reaction score
The only way this works if Bryan wins is if they announce a 3 way for WM31 against Lesnar.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Well one thing is for certain.

You have to really stretch your imagination to think Bryan could beat Brock. One guy looks like he couldn't beat up his wife & the other looks like an tank. I know he could in WWE though! That story must have happened already since he said last night he won the belt once & had to give it up.

this I really cannot figure out...why hasn't Seth used that suitcase to win? He's had it for months right? That seems strange to me.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
What should happen is Roman beats Bryan. Then beats Lesnar with the help of the Rock. Everyone is celebrating, blah blah blah. Then out of nowhere, Rock Bottom on Reigns followed by a People's Elbow. Rollins comes in, cashes in, Curbs Stomp. New Championship.

Result - Brock stays strong because he wasn't beaten cleanly. Possibly sets up a final showdown between Rock and Brock when he is done with UFC.
Roman gets the sympathy from the crowd and could feud with the Rock after many failed attempts to get the title back. Also, the Rock can give Roman a "rub" by beating him.
Seth can finally feud with people like Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Ziggler, and Dean Ambrose for the belt.

Saved you guys at least $9.99