World's Finest (Batman/Superman) movie set for 2015

arglebargle

Reaction score
Or anyone's help for that matter. Unless it was to kick a green glowing rock away, haha.

That's why he's so hard to right for. How do you challenge him? That's lead to all sorts of convoluted elements, especially when the comic writing was in the hands of lesser talents.

Section446

Reaction score
Can't wait! I just hope that it's more like the recent Batman movies, and less like the most recent Superman movie.

CashMan

Reaction score
If this is truly Batman vs Superman, it is going to suck. You have one person with super human abilities, and another who uses weapons. The only way that works as a movie is an animated movie. It really just sounds dumb.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
That's why he's so hard to right for. How do you challenge him? That's lead to all sorts of convoluted elements, especially when the comic writing was in the hands of lesser talents.

Well he can be challenged... the problem is things that challenge him are out of other DC comic heroes league. If there isn't a guy superman can punch or laser eye into submission, Batman sure as hell can't either.

Unless it's kryptonite.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I'm not the biggest comic book fan, but I'm well versed in the DC and Marvel... well, 'verses.

But I've never understood why Superman would ever need Batman's help.

Quite simply, he cannot be in two places at once.

See: The first Superman movie.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
They've essentially confirmed re-casting Batman.

I like Bale but he is not a make or brake for Batman.

Besides, it Batman ONLY appears at the masked crusader, you NEVER have to show his face in Justice League. Just flash bat signal or he shows up when there is trouble.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Quite simply, he cannot be in two places at once.

See: The first Superman movie.

Pretty close to it though, but I see your point.

I like Bale but he is not a make or brake for Batman.

Besides, it Batman ONLY appears at the masked crusader, you NEVER have to show his face in Justice League. Just flash bat signal or he shows up when there is trouble.

Agreed. He's probably my favorite Bruce Wayne, but he's not as crucial to the character as say Robert Downey Jr. is to Iron Man at the moment.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Pretty close to it though, but I see your point.

Agreed. He's probably my favorite Bruce Wayne, but he's not as crucial to the character as say Robert Downey Jr. is to Iron Man at the moment.

Three villains in different cities, doing damage all at same time. He would have to choose...then lose.

Downey is a great Stark but those movies, all three, could have been much better.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I would argue that Bale would fit perfectly in the universe created in Man of Steel. In Man of Steel the world before Superman arises is very much the realistic world in which the Dark Knight movies were established. If you think you need a campier Batman, I'm not sure how THAT would fit in with the Man of Steel.

I think trying to replace Bale gives you a great chance at failing with a new batman than succeeding. If I'm Warner Bros, I'm going to go to every effort to convince Bale to be in more movies.

As for Batman going up against Superman, I think the idea is ridiculous. And would at least hope that, that isn't the focus of the movie for very long.

I don't think you can make the case that the Hulk and Captain America are in the same league, yet they were able to pull it off. Batman certainly has a role to play, but it has to be done appropriately.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would argue that Bale would fit perfectly in the universe created in Man of Steel. In Man of Steel the world before Superman arises is very much the realistic world in which the Dark Knight movies were established. If you think you need a campier Batman, I'm not sure how THAT would fit in with the Man of Steel.

I think trying to replace Bale gives you a great chance at failing with a new batman than succeeding. If I'm Warner Bros, I'm going to go to every effort to convince Bale to be in more movies.

As for Batman going up against Superman, I think the idea is ridiculous. And would at least hope that, that isn't the focus of the movie for very long.

I don't think you can make the case that the Hulk and Captain America are in the same league, yet they were able to pull it off. Batman certainly has a role to play, but it has to be done appropriately.

From everything I have read and listened to, Warner Bros did their very best to get both Nolan and Bale to come back, but both decided to move on.

And now, all of the appreciation and good will the Nolan trilogy returned to the Dark Knight is gone with a recasting and different creative group.

Starting from scratch.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
The Nolan Batman doesn't even make sense in a Justice League universe. He's just too realistic.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Names I'm hearing for next Batman role:

Ryan Gosling
Jake Gillinhall (sp?)
Bradley Cooper

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

I don't think it has to be more campy to be a different batman than the one Bale portrayed. The Batman from the Arkham Asylum games is a good example of such and would probably be a good fit. Actually I think it's quite the perfect fit.

Not replacing Bale is troublesome because you'll have to bring that dark knight trilogy universe into the equation-- and that universe wasn't written with enough room in mind for other Justice League characters.

That's why the Avengers was able to work so well. They may not have known for sure what they would be doing when the first Iron Man came out, but it was apparent they were leaving enough room for a bigger universe with all the winks, nods and cameos.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Names I'm hearing for next Batman role:

Ryan Gosling
Jake Gillinhall (sp?)
Bradley Cooper
There have been a couple rumors out about people testing for the role, but they're basically unknowns -- none of these folks are subject to any of the rumors at this point.

Bradley Cooper has been rumored for the Flash for a while now, though.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
From everything I have read and listened to, Warner Bros did their very best to get both Nolan and Bale to come back, but both decided to move on.

And now, all of the appreciation and good will the Nolan trilogy returned to the Dark Knight is gone with a recasting and different creative group.

Starting from scratch.
Nolan is executive producing. But that means he'll have almost no involvement. They'll probably get his take on big decisions like casting Batman.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nolan is executive producing. But that means he'll have almost no involvement. They'll probably get his take on big decisions like casting Batman.

I hope so as I feel he brings a bit more grounded approach and may help to keep others from pushing the envelope too far.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
There have been a couple rumors out about people testing for the role, but they're basically unknowns -- none of these folks are subject to any of the rumors at this point.

Bradley Cooper has been rumored for the Flash for a while now, though.

I heard these names from Michael Evans (reporter in Hollywood)