Twitter: Worley’s bust is all on him

fivetwos

Reaction score
They screwed it up with Robinson already. He's not even a CB. He's listed as a FS when he has no experience in the NFL as one. Another bone-headed move with our defensive personnel.
I just cannot see how a fourth round pick cant even suit up on a legendarily bad defense.

At least look at him my goodness.

He played well on ST at Tulsa. Cant he help there?

I dont see the logic sometimes with the decision making.

Flamma

Reaction score
Number 25, Woods? He does the same thing. I watched him do the same thing on multiple occasions after someone pointed him out to me.

jnday

Reaction score
How do you feel if you are Mike Nolan reviewing this film? How can you teach that to a Vet?
The vet has no valid reason to be starting on the team and Nolan should know it.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Someone ask Nolan and McCarthy why he is out there when there are numerous other CBs on the practice squad and team.
Accountability, anyone?

JBond

Reaction score
Worley is one of the worst corners I have ever seen. The defense as a whole is bad but Worley is on another level. Another sad part is Jourdan Lewis took huge steps back this year. Still have some hope for Diggs but hope this year doesn’t absolutely shatter his confidence.
Lewis has always been garbage. He sucked last year. He sucks this year. I don't understand the rumors that he was a good football player. What can people point to that proves he is even adequate?

I do believe their is some hope for Diggs.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The other players know what the coverage is supposed to be. LVE and Lewis are calling responsibility out. Worley doesn’t stay true to the call. Instead of playing deep zone he tries to jump route. That’s on him not on Nolan.

He has to know that one of his major liabilities is deep speed.
How can a player not understand his role when considering his own liabilities?
That should be his primary focus, and why I SMH when I see players in this league thinking they are Deion Sanders, when they are actually just fortunate enough to have a role,, a role that they cant execute.
Mind over body... sometimes as humans we just out think ourselves.
Having said that, Worley would have never been expected to run that protection,, but this is the state of the situation where we have no choice because of injuries, and dang... SMH how poor its got.
Rain falling on head right now as I post this in Nosara Costa Rica,, going to head in,, will try and catch the game vs the skins on sunday if I can catch some decent wifi.

black label

Reaction score
25 years later worley is the problem, jones are like gardien meats just better than fake gms

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nah we have really bad players on defense that don't care to learn how to play football. Like my man DB said its an easy cover 3 call. Some things are beyond coaching.

How did almost every free agent we brought in on defense show a lack of effort? Why are many of the veterans decide to do the same when that has never been the case? Why are they all regressing to the point of not caring? Not saying we haven't had issues but never team wide like this. And these free agents were picked by this staff, these are the guys they wanted. There is a disconnect and these coaches need to figure it out quickly or get out of town.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
How did almost every free agent we brought in on defense show a lack of effort? Why are many of the veterans decide to do the same when that has never been the case? Why are they all regressing to the point of not caring? Not saying we haven't had issues but never team wide like this. And these free agents were picked by this staff, these are the guys they wanted. There is a disconnect and these coaches need to figure it out quickly or get out of town.
worley sucked before got here and still sucks. It's not like he was a good player and regressed. The coaches don't sign players. It's stephen jones shopping in the clearance section.........again

Jarntt

Reaction score
There is a 2 man switch option which the video did mention; however, there is no way to know if Lewis or Worley played it wrong. Hand up is not a universal signal. If it was then the opponent would always know the meaning of the signal.

The switch option is to limit pick plays.
I'm not 100% sure it's cover 3 from watching Worley and Diggs, but it sure looks like Kirk was Worley's primary responsibility there. He is pressing him at first on the outside and then even when Kirk goes in motion he is still sitting clearly as the outside man. It wouldn't make any sense for a switch on that. Now is it really cover 3??? If so the odds of Lewis who lines up at first (and stays) almost directly in front of Woods having deep outside responsibility there is very unlikely. Also, watch Lewis and Wilson, both slot guys do play it pretty much exactly the same. Worley has stood out as horrible on a unit that as a whole has been horrible.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
There is a 2 man switch option which the video did mention; however, there is no way to know if Lewis or Worley played it wrong. Hand up is not a universal signal. If it was then the opponent would always know the meaning of the signal.

The switch option is to limit pick plays.
So you think lewis had outside, deep responsibility while lining up the closest to the wr and inside? Look I know you really don't like lewis but lets not be obtuse

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that Worley gets caught looking in the back field and that hesitation allowed the WR to blow past him. There was no excuse for how he played that. He has man coverage vs a speed guy he gave the cushion but then I see him with his head looking at Murray instead of locked on the WR

Worley thought Lewis was going to switch off. The Nickel CB and outside CB on that side have to be able to switch up or offenses with run rub routes all day on them.

The Cowboys have struggled with it going back to Scandrick and Claiborne where we often saw Scandrick chastising Claiborne after a failed play.

The Cowboys had been much better in that regard in recent years when Brown played Nickel.

NCB Lewis had had a massive number of mental fails this season. Worley's fails are normally due to limited physical ability.

There is a high probability that Lewis screwed up that play by not switching...

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Worley thought Lewis was going to switch off. The Nickel CB and outside CB on that side have to be able to switch up or offenses with run rub routes all day on them.

The Cowboys have struggled with it going back to Scandrick and Claiborne where we often saw Scandrick chastising Claiborne after a failed play.

The Cowboys had been much better in that regard in recent years when Brown played Nickel.

NCB Lewis had had a massive number of mental fails this season. Worley's fails are normally due to limited physical ability.

There is a high probability that Lewis screwed up that play by not switching...
You are the only one in the world with this terrible take. Worley had cover 3 responsibilities there was no switch necessary he was already the deep corner.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So you think lewis had outside, deep responsibility while lining up the closest to the wr and inside? Look I know you really don't like lewis but lets not be obtuse
Go back and watch games from previous years when Brown played Nickel CB. They often switch off.

The Cowboys had improved against picks plays in recent years as compared the the Claiborne/Scandrick years when offenses top game plans against the Cowboys had become pick plays because Claiborne just couldn't handle it.

Claibirne/Scandrick repeated both ended up covering the same WR back then.

Lewis is faster than Worley. There would be no reason to avoid having him carry a WR deep.

People have often blamed Diggs this season for some big plays given up but the majority of those have been the fault of the Safeties.

Last season in the Jets game there was a huge pass defense fail that resulted in a TD despite the QB backed up against the endzone. People blamed Heath but in reality the Nickel CB turned the slot WR loose forcing Heath to pick him up and preventing Heath from getting back to help Awuzie when Awuzie fell down.

You should try actually reviewing games...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
worley sucked before got here and still sucks. It's not like he was a good player and regressed. The coaches don't sign players. It's stephen jones shopping in the clearance section.........again

They certainly have input on to which players get signed. Of course Worley isn't great, if he was he wouldn't have been a cheap free agent. But this isn't a single player issue. It's an issue with nearly every starter on defense. Almost every player held over from previous years are also struggling worse than they ever had. None were/are great players but they were never this bad. Plays that they have made, can still make, are not being made and it's not just scheme based. If these same guys showed a little more effort the results would be different, the question is why aren't they?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Go back and watch games from previous years when Brown played Nickel CB. They often switch off.

The Cowboys had improved against picks plays in recent years as compared the the Claiborne/Scandrick years when offenses top game plans against the Cowboys had become pick plays because Claiborne just couldn't handle it.

Claibirne/Scandrick repeated both ended up covering the same WR back then.

Lewis is faster than Worley. There would be no reason to avoid having him carry a WR deep.

People have often blamed Diggs this season for some big plays given up but the majority of those have been the fault of the Safeties.

Last season in the Jets game there was a huge pass defense fail that resulted in a TD despite the QB backed up against the endzone. People blamed Heath but in reality the Nickel CB turned the slot WR loose forcing Heath to pick him up and preventing Heath from getting back to help Awuzie when Awuzie fell down.

You should try actually reviewing games...
I do and you are 100% wrong. Did you see Darius butler break down the play lol. An actual nfl DB lol. Stop man. Worley had the deep 3rd and let the wr run right up on him before he even thought about opening his hips. Diggs has played poorly as well. Sorry my G. Watch other corners around the league play not the high school dbs that the cowboys have here.

kskboys

Reaction score
Worley is one of the worst corners I have ever seen. The defense as a whole is bad but Worley is on another level. Another sad part is Jourdan Lewis took huge steps back this year. Still have some hope for Diggs but hope this year doesn’t absolutely shatter his confidence.
Worley has always sucked. The fact that he even made the team shows how bad our talent evaluation is.

Worley = Nolan Carrol.