Worse case scenario for Dallas after the season

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Let's say the Cowboys have one of their best seasons this year since the 90's. And that season would include a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense.

Moore and Richard are pursued hard for head coaching jobs.

Dallas would have to make someone head coach in order to keep atleast one.

Who do they make head coach? Richard or Moore?

Should we part with the up and coming offensive minded Moore?

Do we part with the defensive minded Richard?

Keep Garrett and let both Richard and Moore leave?

JayFord

Reaction score
Buddy

All we gotta do is finish over .500 and Garrett will still be here, there’s no way they’ll fire him

Worst case is we go 6-10 and they make an excuse to keep garrett

However in your example unless we go to the super bowl I’ll fire Garrett and promote Richard or hire elsewhere

If Marty got the axe after 14-2 Garrett can too

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Let's say the Cowboys have one of their best seasons this year since the 90's. And that season would include a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense.

Worse case?

That seems like a good problem to me.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Buddy

All we gotta do is finish over .500 and Garrett will still be here, there’s no way they’ll fire him

Worst case is we go 6-10 and they make an excuse to keep garrett

However in your example unless we go to the super bowl I’ll fire Garrett and promote Richard or hire elsewhere

If Marty got the axe after 14-2 Garrett can too
I think JG stays if they finish 7-9 or higher. There will be some excuse to keep him if he fails to make the playoffs. 2020 will be the same coaching staff minus Richard. I think he gets a HC gig somewhere.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I seriously doubt if moore would get head coaching offers after one year of coaching...yes McVay got it, but he had previous coaching experience.

I am not all sold on Richard. the defense, specially secondary kind of fizzled by year end......if he was a hot commodity, he would have gotten a job already....with that many openings this spring.....

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I seriously doubt if moore would get head coaching offers after one year of coaching...yes McVay got it, but he had previous coaching experience.

I am not all sold on Richard. the defense, specially secondary kind of fizzled by year end......if he was a hot commodity, he would have gotten a job already....with that many openings this spring.....

Well I guess you are on the garret train.

Nothing else left to choose from!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score

When you think that having our best season since the 90s constitutes a worst case scenario, it means you have lost your mind.

visionary

Reaction score

There are plenty of Garrett fanboys on the board who love his cliche ridden mediocrity

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If the team has one of it's best seasons since the 1990's Garrett would remain the head coach, so it's not really a viable question. I also think there is zero danger of Moore being offered a head coaching job after only one season of coaching experience.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well I guess you are on the garret train.

Nothing else left to choose from!
I didn't say I am on garrett train. I think he either makes the NFCG or he is out, perhaps if we have a lot of injuries he gets a one year stay or maybe not...

what I said, was I doubt if moore, even producing a top 5 offense is going to get a HC. not enough experience.

I am not as sold on Richard. there were 8 openings this year and he didn't sniff one, except being mentioned for the Miami position as a potential candidate but not serious candidate. I know people around here like him, because he screams a lot on the sideline, thus he must be a good coach!!! Seattle didn't choose to keep him. he didn't sniff a head coaching position. there is a reason and NFL GMs know more than us cowboys fans

CCBoy

Reaction score

If there is a large threshold of victories and success...there may have to be more of a trail of accomplishments before one of the coordinators ventures off.

Marinelli might actually step down if it meant keeping his Secondary Coach on...

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Worst case scenario is Garrett and Marinelli still coaching this team.

I sense a season like last year. Not great but not bad. We could win the East. Win a wild card game and then get exposed against one of the top 2 seeds. The excuses will come in from many angles. And how Garrett has this on the right track. And the wheels would continue to spin in place going nowhere. This franchise has been stuck in mud spinning its wheels for over 2 decades.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I didn't say I am on garrett train. I think he either makes the NFCG or he is out, perhaps if we have a lot of injuries he gets a one year stay or maybe not...

what I said, was I doubt if moore, even producing a top 5 offense is going to get a HC. not enough experience.

I am not as sold on Richard. there were 8 openings this year and he didn't sniff one, except being mentioned for the Miami position as a potential candidate but not serious candidate. I know people around here like him, because he screams a lot on the sideline, thus he must be a good coach!!! Seattle didn't choose to keep him. he didn't sniff a head coaching position. there is a reason and NFL GMs know more than us cowboys fans

I have figured you out.

You hate any kind of praise!

What a boring fandom life to live!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
If somebody wanted Richard or Moore as coach that means the Cowboys just had one heck of a season.

Let me see which unit had the better year before I decide which coach to keep.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
It’s likely the only way to keep both is sign Richard as head coach and keep Moore as o coordinator. But if awesome season happens we all know garret will get extended

Diehardblues

Reaction score

So, you’re suggesting Jerry fire another SB Champion HC?