Worse case scenario for Dallas after the season

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I'd keep Richard. Opie and howdy Doody can walk.

Ranch you are actually the first fan to answer the question.

You cant even ask a just for fun hypothetical without a slew of fellow fans becoming butthurt for no reason.

Thank you.

Btw I'd keep Richard also.

Verdammung

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the worst case scenario this season involves picking Justin Herbert in next years draft.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Let's say the Cowboys have one of their best seasons this year since the 90's. And that season would include a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense.

Moore and Richard are pursued hard for head coaching jobs.

Dallas would have to make someone head coach in order to keep atleast one.

Who do they make head coach? Richard or Moore?

Should we part with the up and coming offensive minded Moore?

Do we part with the defensive minded Richard?

Keep Garrett and let both Richard and Moore leave?
so a steadily declining pass attack and bottom ranked scoring offense somehow turns around and helps us be a top 5 offense?

But to answer the question Richard would go to HC unless Moore does things that change the way we look at offenses and lights the league on fire. That would be my scenario, realistically Garrett would stay.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Let's say the Cowboys have one of their best seasons this year since the 90's. And that season would include a top 5 offense and a top 5 defense.

If we were to finish with a top 5 defense and offense, that would obviously mean we had a great season. It would also most likely mean a deep playoff run and possible title. As much as I criticize Garrett, you don’t fire a head coach after that type of season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we were to finish with a top 5 defense and offense, that would obviously mean we had a great season. It would also most likely mean a deep playoff run and possible title. As much as I criticize Garrett, you don’t fire a head coach after that type of season.
But that’s what the OP is proposing. Lol
No agendas here..

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

You fire a SB winning coach who had his hands on nothing but clapping and motivational speeches.

We all know Moore and Richard will have the controls. If you believe Garrett would go somewhere else and win in that situation you are crazy.

:facepalm:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too much in play with it all. I will wait to see how the season plays out. We should know by mid season which direction in will lean too.
Also if all the rumors come true, it depends on the Sean Peyton situation too.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Gosh the worst case if Dallas wins a SB and coaches remain intact for the most part and damn it we win a SB the following season and my goodness Garrett gets a long term contract remains HC? Oh the horror lol Some of these thread are laughable. Your own hated of Garrett supersedes all else.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Chris Richard needs to be defensive coordinator before he's ever considered for head coaching

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You fire a SB winning coach who had his hands on nothing but clapping and motivational speeches.

We all know Moore and Richard will have the controls. If you believe Garrett would go somewhere else and win in that situation you are crazy.

:facepalm:
again, that's true for more than 1/2 the coaches in the league...that's why most of them have OC and DC, that's what an OC or DC mean......... dude give it a rest...just say I hate garrett and be done with it.... instead of trying to rationalize it with something meaningless....

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Moore is not going to get offers to be a Head Coach in 2020. Not even in college.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
But yet everyone thinks we are winning with Dak here? Are we winning or not. I’m confused? Dak is a winner but Garrett isn’t?

Garrett has been here dam near a decade and has won jack......................much longer track record and sample size than Dak.

Not saying Dak is the answer, but after a decade I dam well know for a fact Garrett aint the answer.