Worst cities in America

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Cities are places to go to only if you have to. I'll take small town any day. Closest one to me is twenty miles.

I can agree with this. I'm not off the grid but the powerline ends at my house. It's noisey here when the coyotes get too close to the house with their singing or the owls are serenading each other.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
In no particular order:

Detriot
Newark
Portland
Philly
Memphis
Birmingham
Buffalo

Obviously, there are many more smaller cities to list but in no way would I ever settle down in any of the listed above :cool:

vlad

Reaction score
I’d move to Philly any day over living in Dallas. Same goes for NYC, Boston, Chicago, SF, Denver, DC...pretty much anywhere over DFW.

A person once told me n Dallas is like the strip mall of cities... Not sure how I felt about the fact I couldn't argue against that.

But whatever, be happy where you are and don't hate other places... This isn't a junior high pep rally

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
A person once told me n Dallas is like the strip mall of cities... Not sure how I felt about the fact I couldn't argue against that.
But whatever, be happy where you are and don't hate other places... This isn't a junior high pep rally
:clap:100 Likes

aria

Reaction score

That person seems exactly right, lol, I’ve never heard that comparison but it’s balls on accurate.

I love the city I work for and think the suburb of Dallas I live in is one of the best but I still know what DFW is compared to several other major cities. Kind of like being a Cowboys fan, I can admit to the truth/reality or be content with mediocrity. I tend to lean towards the truth, DFW blows. Just my opinion of course.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score

The worst city defined by poverty, crime etc.... in the United States is Mobile, Alabama. Philadelphia is ranked the worse city in Pennsylvania, not nation, largely because of its financial challenges that many of its residents face.
https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/37875975
amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

Did you bother to read the article? Mobile is listed as the worst city in Alabama. Alabama is the first state listed because the article is organized alphabetically by state. You know as in "A" appears in the alphabet for Alabama before "P" for Pennsylvania. Please show me where the article you referenced indicated Mobile was the worst city in the nation.

As much as you rail against Cowboy fans for their bias against Philadelphia, by claiming the article states Mobile is the worst city, you're exhibiting bias against the deep South.

Tussinman

Reaction score
DFW greatest metro area in South and fastest growing on the verge of becoming the 4th largest metro area in the country.
It's been the 4th largest for like the last 15 years (Houston has been 5th). New York, LA, and Chicago are the only metroplexs bigger.

I wouldn't brag about growth, especially with hipsters and california's moving here by the thousands daily.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Lol, I don’t want it. Frisco is nice but too pretentious. I would definitely take downtown Ft Worth over downtown Dallas though.
Agree about Frisco. I"m in Richardson and its the perfect balance. Centrally located, far enough away from the pretentious area's (north plano/frisco) and I don't have to deal with the Dallas drama (crap school/roads, terrible zoning, not enough cops/emts, garbage libraries, too many apartments).

Legend

Reaction score
I believe DFW was better 12 years ago before the real estate prices increased and heavy migration of people from different states.

I went to grad school at UM in Ann Arbor in 2005-2007 and Detroit area had some nice suburbs. It was also fun to drive across the bridge in Detroit to Windsor Canada.

I had a summer internship in 2006 in downtown Philly and stayed in the Ambler, Blue Bell area. The suburbs of Philly were nice including multiple parts of the city. I liked the water ice and catching the train to and from work. I drove at times as well.

I lived in Greensboro NC 3-4 years ago and liked the surrounding cities. Also, I was a young executive member of Sedgefield Country club and liked the two golf courses (Ross and Dye) were only crowded on Saturday mornings for most part. Any other time I could just play without scheduling a tee time.

It seems all of courses (private and public) in DFW are crowded on the weekends.

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
Agree about Frisco. I"m in Richardson and its the perfect balance. Centrally located, far enough away from the pretentious area's (north plano/frisco) and I don't have to deal with the Dallas drama (crap school/roads, terrible zoning, not enough cops/emts, garbage libraries, too many apartments).
Nice! I’m actually in McKinney which can be as bad as N, NW Plano and Frisco but I’m closer to the dowtown area which is a lot different than west of 75. Richardson is definitely a nice balance, kinda right in the middle of it all.