Worst Cowboys HC since we won a championship?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
the placeholder known as Garrett. BUT Will McClay has wasted his talents on the ole carrot top. Now maybe we will see results.
McClay has been an influence as well who of course was promoted as soon as Jason took over in 2011. One of Garrett’s contributions or some might see as pure coincidence. .

Rayman70

Reaction score
Campo made it embarrassing to be a Dallas fan,period. That's pretty bad considering we just endured the Garrett "error."

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett was just terrible. Nothing to do with overcoming Jerry. Jerry gave that joke of a coach 10 years that no one ever would have. He should be thanking Jerry up and down for his job. Anyone else would have fired that chump after 2 years.

You trying to act like Garrett was a victim of Jerry is just another attempt for you to deflect blame away from the fact you could never admit. That Garrett was a bad HC.
I never said Garrett was a good HC. Just a good puppet. EveryHC this era has been a victim of Jerry.

But we’ve been down this endless road before. I’m not attempting to influence your thoughts.

Rayman70

Reaction score
when you have a guy as a HC in title only and he is unable to lead men and inspire, your dead in the water. ALL the talent in the world wont help ya. Those are facts of life. Look at Garrett. ALL that talent he squandered..JERRY WASTED. fortunately WE ARE THE DALLAS COWBOYS AND WE SIMPLY JUST RELOAD LOL...so I think we finally got it right with MM.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
when you have a guy as a HC in title only and he is unable to lead men and inspire, your dead in the water. ALL the talent in the world wont help ya. Those are facts of life. Look at Garrett. ALL that talent he squandered..JERRY WASTED. fortunately WE ARE THE DALLAS COWBOYS AND WE SIMPLY JUST RELOAD LOL...so I think we finally got it right with MM.
Yea I always said we have been a talent dependent franchise under Garrett. And basically have been since Jimmy left except under Bill.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yea I always said we have been a talent dependent franchise under Garrett. And basically have been since Jimmy left except under Bill.
exactly AND MAYBE JJ FINALLY LEARNED THAT WITH TALENT YOU STILL NEED TO HAVE A COMPETENT HC...AND STAFF. I think we now have that. Time will tell. Garrett looks more like my accountant than he does a football coach. He's out of place.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I never said Garrett was a good HC. Just a good puppet. EveryHC this era has been a victim of Jerry.

But we’ve been down this endless road before. I’m not attempting to influence your thoughts.

Here we go with the lying again. You 100% said Garett was a good coach. For you to sit here and try to pawn off the idea that you didn't think garrett was a good coach is pathetic. But like you said...……...this is nothing new for you.

And by the way there are no good puppets and Garrett sucked, even as a puppet.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What you claimed is that Garrett was a good coach.
Show me where I used the word “ good” in describing he was a good coach? You still have misinterpreted my support of Garrett.

As a matter of fact I’ve continuously described in my support of Garrett time and time again using the words” despite his Game Day or coaching flaws”.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I just want to get this straight……………….Are you now claiming that you never said or thought Garrett was a good coach?
That’s not what I said.

Do I need to copy my reply again?

Over the years I have framed my narrative that most have grasped whether they agree or not. Not sure why you have struggled so much with it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
exactly AND MAYBE JJ FINALLY LEARNED THAT WITH TALENT YOU STILL NEED TO HAVE A COMPETENT HC...AND STAFF. I think we now have that. Time will tell. Garrett looks more like my accountant than he does a football coach. He's out of place.
Yea, I’ve always thought Garrett would make a better GM or VP than HC . As a matter of fact often called him a walk-around HC or Greatest Puppet.

I supported Garrett up against the Lynch Mob but it was generally not about his coaching ability.

For years I felt Garrett might be as good of Puppett as we could hope for with Jerry’s dysfunction and if he could bring in enough talent to surround him with.

Im not sure if we had enough talent. We’re fixing to find out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That’s not what I said.

Do I need to copy my reply again?

Over the years I have framed my narrative that most have grasped whether they agree or not. Not sure why you have struggled so much with it.

I think at this point you have to be the biggest liar this board has ever seen. Definitely way beyond pathological.

Here are some great snipets of yours showering love over your hero Garrett and how good of a coach he is:

Personally I like the culture we’ve established since Garretts taken over. All that’s lacking is a bigger push in the playoffs.

But I see Garrett as a shining light in an otherwise dysfunctional situation. I feel he’s influenced the best culture we’ve seen here probably since the 90’s.

Only the 3rd HC in Cowboy history to win Coach of the year. He’s the 2nd All Time in Cowboys history in total wins.

He was good enough to win Coach of the year. His winning percentage is in upper half of the league during his tenure. In last 3 years only Belichick and Pats have more wins.

My intention was to shine a brighter light on Garrett.

I think the bigger point some fans are missing is we’d be a much less relevant football team without Garretts influence with our ownership.

The influences over Jerry in the culture of our team and franchise are Garretts greatest assets to the Dallas Cowboys.

Garrett has brought some class and respectability back to one of the most classless franchises since Jerry let Jimmy go.

Personally , I like the culture Garrett’s helped build here. I like how the team never totally collapses. I like how the team has been progressing overall with The draft , free agency and Cap mgmt.

More to come!!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think at this point you have to be the biggest liar this board has ever seen. Definitely way beyond pathological.

Here are some great snipets of yours showering love over your hero Garrett and how good of a coach he is:

Personally I like the culture we’ve established since Garretts taken over. All that’s lacking is a bigger push in the playoffs.

But I see Garrett as a shining light in an otherwise dysfunctional situation. I feel he’s influenced the best culture we’ve seen here probably since the 90’s.

Only the 3rd HC in Cowboy history to win Coach of the year. He’s the 2nd All Time in Cowboys history in total wins.

He was good enough to win Coach of the year. His winning percentage is in upper half of the league during his tenure. In last 3 years only Belichick and Pats have more wins.

My intention was to shine a brighter light on Garrett.

I think the bigger point some fans are missing is we’d be a much less relevant football team without Garretts influence with our ownership.

The influences over Jerry in the culture of our team and franchise are Garretts greatest assets to the Dallas Cowboys.

Garrett has brought some class and respectability back to one of the most classless franchises since Jerry let Jimmy go.

Personally , I like the culture Garrett’s helped build here. I like how the team never totally collapses. I like how the team has been progressing overall with The draft , free agency and Cap mgmt.

More to come!!!!
Nowhere did I say he was a “ good” coach.

Saying he was good enough to win coach of the year isn’t calling him a good coach in that sentence structure or context.

The rest fits perfectly with my narrative and support of Garrett. Totally stand behind those comments as most are facts not just opinion.
Thanks

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Your picking the weaknesses or mistakes instead of the strengths and the pieces which made this one of the better Cowboy teams several years in this era.

I’m not sure how anyone can’t see the positive influences Jason made . That doesn’t mean they were enough. But they certainly took Jerry in a better direction with more talent and some of the best teams built this Post 90’s era rivaling only Bill.

What other HC this Post 90’s era besides Bill and Jason influenced assembling these talented of teams?
Then tell me the decisions directly attributed to JG?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Then tell me the decisions directly attributed to JG?
If you’re going to blame him with the poor decisions then he gets credit for the good ones too.

But that wasn’t my point which is overall we assembled a fairly competitive contender .

Was it championship caliber? No. But enough to win some division titles and a couple playoff games which is best stretch in 21st Century.

Was it flawed? Of course. But besides Bill, who’s helped influence Jerry building or assembling more talent?

kskboys

Reaction score
If you’re going to blame him with the poor decisions then he gets credit for the good ones too.

But that wasn’t my point which is overall we assembled a fairly competitive contender .

Was it championship caliber? No. But enough to win some division titles and a couple playoff games which is best stretch in 21st Century.

Was it flawed? Of course. But besides Bill, who’s helped influence Jerry building or assembling more talent?
I've seen zero evidence that it was JG.