Worst Cowboys HC since we won a championship?

Red Dragon

Reaction score
It's not fair to blame Campo. The guy had absolute crap talent. His starting QBs were Stoerner, Leaf, Quincy, Hutchinson. If anything, it's remarkable he went 5-11 at all.

visionary

Reaction score
While we’ve had one constant leading Cowboys Football since our last championship , we’ve had 6 different HC’s unable to take us back to a Super Bowl or even a championship appearance .

How would you rank them during this time frame.

Here’s my order of worst Cowboys HC during this stretch:
Campo
Switzer
Phillips
Gailey
Garrett
Parcells

Not sure how we could place anyone but Campo with the 3 straight 5-11 seasons on the bottom. And Switzer left a mess of the dynasty Jimmy built. Wade left a mess of the team Bill had built. Gailey could possibly be ranked 2nd above Garrett as he probably did as much as anyone with what he had left . Jerry even admits cut him loose too soon.

The reason I rank Garrett that high is based on his record , division titles and playoff wins which the latter two are more than the rest combined. Despite his coaching flaws and dysfunctional situation he helped steer our franchise in a better direction and has helped influence this roster in a greater position to contend.

One of the best measurement of coaching despite records is have you left the team in a better position than when you took over. There’s only 3 HC in Jerry’s era which meet that criteria. Jimmy, Bill and Jason.

Garrett is the worst

10 years

top 5 QB
HOF DE, LT, TE

nothing but mediocre garbage to show for it

go look up the records of HCs that have coached top 5 QBs. Making the post season regularly, multiple play off wins, conf CG appearances and at least a SB

no HC achieved less with more than Garrett

campo never had any of these

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett is the worst

10 years

top 5 QB
HOF DE, LT, TE

nothing but mediocre garbage to show for it

go look up the records of HCs that have coached top 5 QBs. Making the post season regularly, multiple play off wins, conf CG appearances and at least a SB

no HC achieved less with more than Garrett

campo never had any of these
Remember a big part of my measurement isn’t coaching but influence in team building.

And I’m not sold Romo was top 5. Top 10 . Although I would have liked to have seen that 2014 offense fielded a few more years together.

visionary

Reaction score
Remember a big part of my measurement isn’t coaching but influence in team building.

And I’m not sold Romo was top 5. Top 10 . Although I would have liked to have seen that 2014 offense fielded a few more years together.

Yep, now the guy who was “building the team to contend for multiple championships” wasn’t “allowed to build the team culture”

revisionist history at its best from Garrett homies

:facepalm::facepalm:

stiletto

Reaction score
Garrett is my worst, not because he was worse than say Campo as a Head Coach or less inspiring than whale poo like Wade but the fact he got sooooo much time. He got a complete decade to prove he was nothing but mediocre or less as a head coach. That makes him the worst in my opinion. We only get "so" many decades in this life....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nowhere did I say he was a “ good” coach.

Saying he was good enough to win coach of the year isn’t calling him a good coach in that sentence structure or context.

The rest fits perfectly with my narrative and support of Garrett. Totally stand behind those comments as most are facts not just opinion.
Thanks
bububububububut…………..I never said he was good!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Garrett is my shining light" has to he my favorite one. LOL

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep, now the guy who was “building the team to contend for multiple championships” wasn’t “allowed to build the team culture”

revisionist history at its best from Garrett homies

:facepalm::facepalm:
I wouldn’t say he wasn’t allowed. He attempted to influence but IMO culture was too toxic to overcome.

I never believed Garrett was enough. Just didn’t know what our alternatives were. I thought he might be as good a Puppet as Jerry would allow. Obviously Jerry was finally forced to make a move but not many believed it was possible.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
bububububububut…………..I never said he was good!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

"Garrett is my shining light" has to he my favorite one. LOL
It was during a very dark time for me with Jerry in Cowboys history.

Obviously you still have never grasped my support of Garrett. Somehow you interpret I argued he was a good coach.

I only thought he was as good I could hope for at that time. I always retained I’d of fired him if I believed Jerry would get out of the way and bring in a legit coach.

But you get so hung up on my relentless support on some fronts that it frustrates you.

I’m going to guess you aren’t old enough to have lived thru the entire Jerry era or followed me since Garrett took over. I’ve asked you on several occasions how old you are but never respond.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Correct. I believe it was Garrett’s influence which brought him on board in 2011. He basically brought guys in to fit Jason’s vision of RKG( right kind of guys).

Will and Jason worked closely together and gained more confidence from Jerry over the years.