Worst move was getting rid of Amari Cooper?

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Meh, Amari disappeared on the road and wasn't worth the near 20 mil a year. It wasn't a bad decision to invest in ceedee over him, as ceedee has become the number one.

Bigger issue was hoping gallop would return to form post injury. Cooks has still got some potential
Well seeing now that the entire team disappears on the road maybe it wasn't an Amari Cooper problem but a deeper team preparation problem......

doomsday9084

Reaction score
IMO, they got rid of cooper for a few reasons:
- Vaccines
- He took some shots at Moore
- His productivity was variable
- His cost

Just about all of it ended up being BS, which is why some of us are irritated by it. He was right about Moore, his cost is no more than Gallup + Cooks, up and down productivity is normal and the vaccine thing is beat to death (and I won't discuss it here).

Dallas would be better with Amare. Its not the end of the world. We can play these hindsight games all day long. It probably only comes up because there are some hanging onto the idea that dumping him was justified for one of the above reasons.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
If Cooper was consistent and dependable here, I would be crying that he's gone.
The thing is he disappeared for long stretches.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Meh, Amari disappeared on the road and wasn't worth the near 20 mil a year. It wasn't a bad decision to invest in ceedee over him, as ceedee has become the number one.

Bigger issue was hoping gallop would return to form post injury. Cooks has still got some potential
Well we still suck on the road, so apparently he wasn't the problem.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score

I dont think the problem was Ceedee or Coop. I think they chose to keep Gallup over coop

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Yep. I just want to smack Jerry back into yesterday and ask him why??? :facepalm: Especially for a bag of chips back:facepalm:

RoboQB

Reaction score
If Cooper was consistent and dependable here, I would be crying that he's gone.
The thing is he disappeared for long stretches.
This "disappeared"theory goes to poo the very minute you look at number of targets per game. Throw it to Lamb 5 times a game and see what that looks like.

By the way, Cooper just scored again as I type this... lol
8 catches 220 yards 2 TDs... on the road. (another debunked theory)

Reaction score

Apparently all the cowboys wrs disappear on the road,,, only to start showing up on the road for other teams! Hmmmm

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Yes. I think it was a mistake.

I know there are “reasons” we gave him up, but I believe his skill as a player far outweighed those reasons.

Carson

Reaction score
Cooper would be a 2 here now. Lamb is no longer a rookie.

Saying the problem with a WR is he wouldn't constantly have huge games when his replacement has all of one big game the entire season is, what's the word, silly.

I'll take the problem with Cooper over what we have now.
I didn’t say I didn’t want Coop and had problems with his numbers. I wanted to keep Cooper

The problem everyone had was his inconsistency. He would disappear on the road and in some big games. The $20 mil just wasn’t able to work with our cap

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I didn’t say I didn’t want Coop and had problems with his numbers. I wanted to keep Cooper

The problem everyone had was his inconsistency. He would disappear on the road and in some big games. The $20 mil just wasn’t able to work with our cap
Yup. He would tear off a 200 yard game and then put up 3 yards the next.

7NICOe5.jpg

RoboQB

Reaction score
It might be time for a poll that reads:
"Who reaches the furthest in this year's playoffs, Dak or Amari?

A 38 year old former SB Champion knows to throw it to a
generational route runner like Amari Cooper. They could make it
interesting. Not to mention, probably, the best defense in the NFL.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Yup. He would tear off a 200 yard game and then put up 3 yards the next.

7NICOe5.jpg
The chart shows that he seems to do well when the QB throws the ball to him.
Go figure.
3 games with only 2 targets!?!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It might be time for a poll that reads:
"Who reaches the furthest in this year's playoffs, Dak or Amari?

A 38 year old former SB Champion knows to throw it to a
generational route runner like Amari Cooper. They could make it
interesting. Not to mention, probably, the best defense in the NFL.
Your Browns have no shot.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
This "disappeared"theory goes to poo the very minute you look at number of targets per game. Throw it to Lamb 5 times a game and see what that looks like.

By the way, Cooper just scored again as I type this... lol
8 catches 220 yards 2 TDs... on the road. (another debunked theory)
Looks like we all better become Browns fans then. Roll Eyes.
Cooper never won us a playoff game. End of story.