Would any fan on here pay Dak 40 million per year?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not inclined to submit to $40 mil for Dak, but there's no doubt that some fans here are willing to, judging from their posts. They're among those who stress the notion that all QBs are being overpaid, which is somewhat overstated, imho. I'm not really convinced that Dak and his agent are rock solid in demanding $40 million. I think it's more of a posturing ploy to get the FO to submit to offering more than they have already. We've yet to see what might happen when push comes to shove in another month or so. Either, Dak gets a new contract or is left to play under the tag. I think it'll be the latter.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The Goff and Wentz thing is painful. Does anyone here think that either the Rams or Eagles is going to do something of note with those guys on those deals? LA is already losing players due to salary cap issues.

Would anyone here give Goff and Wentz those deals? I suspect that LA in particular would take back that contract if they could.

Using two bad contracts as a basis for a deal basically guarantees that you end up with a bad contract.

My hope at this point that Mahomes signs a deal and puts a cap on Dak's.

I'd have a hard time trying to argue with that.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Both sides have already said he didn’t ask for 40.. As far as I know 35 a year is in the table and the issue is over the 5th year.

Yeah, so 40 isn't even part of the equation. I'd be OK with the idea of 35 if the Cowboys are. I'd also be OK with him playing on the tag this year and see how he does. If he does well then pay him accordingly.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah, so 40 isn't even part of the equation. I'd be OK with the idea of 35 if the Cowboys are. I'd also be OK with him playing on the tag this year and see how he does. If he does well then pay him accordingly.
I think they have seen enough. I think. Lol. From what we are hearing is he only wants that 4 year deal and JJ is stuck on wanting 5. So Daks agent jacked up the price of that 5th year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Never.
Yes, the marketplace says 30-40 mil.
But Dak is 2nd tier. That's all. Tag him. See how he rolls in his 5th year.

A normal answer? Congrats. I will respond.

Agreed. He is definitely 2nd tier. Don't know if he will ever get into the elite category. If he keeps throwing for 5k yards he might if the Cowboys start going deep into the playoffs. Im fine if he never gets to elite.

35 million is the max I would go. Give him the 4 years if he wont budge and continue to look for a young QB to groom. I would be opposed to using a high pick say after next season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
A normal answer? Congrats. I will respond.

Agreed. He is definitely 2nd tier. Don't know if he will ever get into the elite category. If he keeps throwing for 5k yards he might if the Cowboys start going deep into the playoffs. Im fine if he never gets to elite.

35 million is the max I would go. Give him the 4 years if he wont budge and continue to look for a young QB to groom. I would be opposed to using a high pick say after next season.
I think he knows this is the best place for him to succeed in the NFL and score endorsements also. They will get it signed. They still have a month. It’s about done.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think he knows this is the best place for him to succeed in the NFL and score endorsements also. They will get it signed. They still have a month. It’s about done.

I have no worries at all. This is the way all these big contracts go with Jerry. Right before the deadline.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
JJ likes the splash and likes the drama because it keeps us talking about his team. Lol.

Im not sure I really like his negotiation tactics. Its like he plays hardball and then caves. I don't think anyone buys it anymore. After Zeke he got punked.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Im not sure I really like his negotiation tactics. Its like he plays hardball and then caves. I don't think anyone buys it anymore. After Zeke he got punked.
And D-Law lead the way. Holding off shoulder surgery until he was signed. It effected his play early in the season because he wasn’t fully healed. Part of it is the agents telling them to do this stuff.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Very simple question. Would you pay Dak 40 million? If that's too complicated for you to answer, then don't do it.

Lots of great answers on here with people that weren't overly confused by the question. I have no problem with any of them.[/

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Very simple question. Would you pay Dak 40 million? If that's too complicated for you to answer, then don't do it.

Lots of great answers on here with people that weren't overly confused by the question. I have no problem with any of them.
Yeah because they agree with you. You don’t want to hear someone’s opinion do you want to hear your opinion come out of their mouth. I guess you don’t understand how simple of a question it isn’t. 40 million one year 40 million 5 years . In my opinion it’s a trick question. You can hear what you want. A normal response to you is, never. That says it all doesn’t it

Last edited:

Sandyf

Reaction score
Interesting thread and discussion/opinions and thread title. But the title should be "Would Jerry/Stephen Jones pay Dak $40 million a year" because in the end that will be the case. Whether any fan believes or thinks Dak is worth $40 million a year or not, if Jerry/Stephen decide it to be so then it will be, in not then it won't. IMO only I do believe they will get a deal done be $35 million a year or $40 million a year or somewhere between. For me the facts are that they have a chance to go deep into the playoffs with Dak at QB and be it Dalton or any other FA QB chances are maybe they win the division. The other factor is team and team chemistry, and if they don't have Dak then I believe they lose the lockerroom and the team making it much more difficult to have even a winning team. Again JMOs on what I have seen over 5 decades of the Cowboys.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the bigger question is are we willing to let Dak go if he doesn’t accept what we’re offering.

While there’s a sizable segment of his supporters who might not agree we should pay him 40 they also wouldn’t want to let him walk over a few million. Which means ultimately they’re willing to pay whatever it takes.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yeah because they agree with you. You don’t want to hear someone’s opinion do you want to hear your opinion come out of their mouth. I guess you don’t understand how simple of a question it isn’t. 40 million one year 40 million 5 years . In my opinion it’s a trick question. You can hear what you want. A normal response to you is, never. That says it all doesn’t it
It’s an attempt to squelch the rhetoric of over paying Dak. The bigger point or question is are these fans willing to let Dak walk.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And D-Law lead the way. Holding off shoulder surgery until he was signed. It effected his play early in the season because he wasn’t fully healed. Part of it is the agents telling them to do this stuff.

Yep, Dlaw schooled Jerry as well.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I am sorry that my question was too difficult and confusing for you. I will do my best to dumb it down next time. :muttley:

shabazz

Reaction score
are-you-serious-595797.jpg