Would anyone give us a 1st for Zeke?

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Its gotten worse, then better. Still doesn't change the fact that Zeke is a shadow of himself. To blame only the Oline is turning a blind eye.

However to acknowledge the line is to acknowledge that Zeke needs a great Oline to be great. Which is the point anyway on both the RB position and Zeke.

No RB is worth the money Zeke is getting paid, and certainly not a back like Zeke. IT was the Oline that made ZEke great and not Zeke.

Out with the family now, will tackle you when I get home. Peace and ONE LOVE!

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I think by now, its obvious to everyone that Zeke is no longer a top tier RB.

-Does anyone still think the 90 million dollar contract was worth it?
-Does anyone think that we could trade Zeke if we wanted to, if so, what could we get?
-Are there any people, besides me out there that thinks that Pollard has what it takes to be better than Zeke at this point?

You dont draft RBs that high andyou dont pay RBs.

Its easy.

Wood

Reaction score
I think by now, its obvious to everyone that Zeke is no longer a top tier RB.

-Does anyone still think the 90 million dollar contract was worth it?
-Does anyone think that we could trade Zeke if we wanted to, if so, what could we get?
-Are there any people, besides me out there that thinks that Pollard has what it takes to be better than Zeke at this point?

Said from the beginning his holdout was one of best timed high leverage holdout in recent years. He knew he was declining, knew Dak didn't have as much leverage yet, knew Cowboys invested massive resources into running game with high draft picks on OL and 4 monster contracts on OL, knew Jerry was smelling the scents of potential SB contention.

Nobody will touch Zeke with $50 million guaranteed. Few teams would ever hand out that contract but how Cowboys were constructed Jerry had no choice. The best they can hope for now is Pollard continues to improve and Frederick heals completely in off-season and just hope somewhere along line that Zeke mentally gets back to where he was.

fansince68

Reaction score
Would anyone give us a 1st for Frederick's? 4 pop bottle caps for Austin?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He's averaging 83.3 yards a game. Multiply that by 16.

Check the links on his career stats. I provided them in my post.

You're working on "what ifs" and comparing Zeke to someone who backed him up. You're challenging my post that is based on stats, facts and what has happened. A season projection based on current stats and recent historical stats. Provide me a season where 6 running backs rush for 1333 yards +? Because apparently there's going to be 5 more productive RB's than Zeke and apparently 5 more talented RB's in this league.

Instead of naming Zeke's backup, Alfred Morris as your base arguing facts why don't you name me 5 RB's better than Ezekiel Elliott right now? Like the OP asked.

Zeke is already going to hit 5,000 career rushing yards any game now and he has played only 50 games. He's 119 yards away from 5,000 rushing yards and he's done it in a little over 3 season's of games.

Fact. Emmitt Smith who has more rushing yards than anyone else has not even done that.

Fact. Ezekiel Elliott has never missed a game due to injury.

Fact. Emmitt Smith himself said Zeke is a more talented RB than he ever was.

Alfred Morris. Come on man!

Have heard several commentators, including our own Nate Newton, who have said that Zeke will be back to form, this year. I don't see that the coaches are so incompetent they will either ignore Zeke getting poor ypc or just go with Dak and a passing game, changes will be made.

To me the comments about Zeke "being a shell of his former self" have no basis in fact, he's not had any significant injuries and at 24 years old he's certainly not "worn down", nor has he gained any significant amount of weight, if any. If any of the 3 things had happened, then yeah I'd agree he's fallen way off, but they haven't. We all know the coaching, for the most part, isn't very good on this team, it's far too easy to blame the fall off from Zeke, numbers-wise, on just the player, that's ignoring everything else on the team...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Possibly, but it's much harder to trade 'em after you pay 'em.

Before we paid him I think we would have maybe got a 3rd that conditional turned to a 2nd, since Zeke was still under contract for 2 yrs and threat of F tag after.

Now? I think we'd have to include a draft pick to the other team.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I guarantee if the cowboys could magically get out from underneath that contract by just out right dropping him they would do it, no pick needed.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I guarantee if the cowboys could magically get out from underneath that contract by just out right dropping him they would do it, no pick needed.

His guarantees are voided upon suspension

But although that'd be best for the team, I'm not going to hope he gets suspended since that means the young man made a poor choice that could put him in jeopardy

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Before we paid him I think we would have maybe got a 3rd that conditional turned to a 2nd, since Zeke was still under contract for 2 yrs and threat of F tag after.

Now? I think we'd have to include a draft pick to the other team.

On the money.

Nobody was interested in trading for him BEFORE the huge contract. If anyone thinks someone would give up anything now, they simply haven't done their homework.

The dead money alone makes him untradable, and a Cowboy for the next four years.

He and the Cowboys are forced to make this thing work.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You dont draft RBs that high andyou dont pay RBs.

Its easy.

Dorsett was a no. 2 overall pick. Emmitt was the 17th overall pick.

Both picks resulted in SB wins. Both got paid big bucks on a second contract.

No cut and dried way to get running backs...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dorsett was a no. 2 overall pick. Emmitt was the 17th overall pick.

Both picks resulted in SB wins. Both got paid big bucks on a second contract.

No cut and dried way to get running backs...

As has been said many times, using examples from 2+ decades ago regarding running backs is just silly. And speaking of contracts in the non-cap era and comparing it now is even more silly.

People need to catch up with the times.

2018- Barkley and Penny no SB
2017- Fournette, McCaffrey no SB
2016- Zeke no SB
2015- Gurley, Gordon no SB
2012- Richardson, Martin, and Wilson no SB
2011- Ingram no SB
2010- Spiller, Matthew's, Best no SB

kskboys

Reaction score
As has been said many times, using examples from 2+ decades ago regarding running backs is just silly. And speaking of contracts in the non-cap era and comparing it now is even more silly.

2016- Zeke no SB
2011- Ingram no SB
What is your list trying to do?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
What is your list trying to do?

He randomly picked two RBs that were drafted high that he claims resulted in SB.

I listed every single RB drafted in the first round this decade, none have a SB. Except Michel who won a SB with a team that has won many others without him.

I could go further:
2009- Moreno, Brown, Wells no SB
2008- McFadden, Stewart, Jones, Mendenhall, Johnson no SB

With so many of these players listed it's crazy that they havent resulted in SB just by chance. It almost leads you to believe that drafting a RB that high makes you chances lower of winning a SB since you missed out on the opportunity to draft an elite player on a position that impacts the game more and is less dependent on the players around him, which RB is the most dependent of any position.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

2016- Zeke no SB
2011- Ingram no SB

Lol, Barkley and Penny no SBs, eh? Both in their SECOND year, Barkley to a poor team. Fournette and McCaffery in only their 3rd year. Nobody said drafting a running back high meant instant success. Gurley has been in a SB, didn't win, but he was hurt. Zeke led the league in rushing two years, it's hardly his fault the Cowboys' coaches screwed up the game plan, or the defense cratered in the big playoff games.

Besides, the league changes back and forth between passing and running, no team EVER won the SB with the league's leading rusher until Emmitt did it, that was over 20 years ago, the trend now seems to be running quarterbacks (Watson, Jackson, Wilson, etc.). Who's to say drafting DEs or WRs or such high, as is now the trend, won't change?

The Cowboys made the decision to take Zeke no. 4, it's FAR too early to say that wasn't a good strategy...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
The Cowboys didn't win a SB after Dorsett and Smith were drafted?

No "claims" about it, IT'S A FACT.

Only no. If they had drafted another player/position instead and still won a SB then those selections didn't result in the SB they were just on a SB team.

FACTS

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Lol, Barkley and Penny no SBs, eh? Both in their SECOND year, Barkley to a poor team. Fournette and McCaffery in only their 3rd year. Nobody said drafting a running back high meant instant success. Gurley has been in a SB, didn't win, but he was hurt. Zeke led the league in rushing two years, it's hardly his fault the Cowboys' coaches screwed up the game plan, or the defense cratered in the big playoff games.

Besides, the league changes back and forth between passing and running, no team EVER won the SB with the league's leading rusher until Emmitt did it, that was over 20 years ago, the trend now seems to be running quarterbacks (Watson, Jackson, Wilson, etc.). Who's to say drafting DEs or WRs or such high, as is now the trend, won't change?

The Cowboys made the decision to take Zeke no. 4, it's FAR too early to say that wasn't a good strategy...

"Theyve only been in the league X years" that's why I listed them since 2008 lol. You can try to nitpick as to why each player didn't win a SB, but the FACT is they haven't. And if those players weren't able to contribute enough the end result that highlights why you don't draft them high of pay them because they are so dependent on everything else around them.

No the league doesnt change back and forth between running and passing, it has gotten gradually more pass intensive since it's inception. Unless you want to point to eras where it did the opposite.

kskboys

Reaction score
He randomly picked two RBs that were drafted high that he claims resulted in SB.

I listed every single RB drafted in the first round this decade, none have a SB. Except Michel who won a SB with a team that has won many others without him.

I could go further:
2009- Moreno, Brown, Wells no SB
2008- McFadden, Stewart, Jones, Mendenhall, Johnson no SB

With so many of these players listed it's crazy that they havent resulted in SB just by chance. It almost leads you to believe that drafting a RB that high makes you chances lower of winning a SB since you missed out on the opportunity to draft an elite player on a position that impacts the game more and is less dependent on the players around him, which RB is the most dependent of any position.
Ah, gotcha.

Incomplete analysis. There are many more factors involved, and you shouldn't have left Michel out, that weakens your point.

Since only a few teams win super bowls, there's not a big enough sample size. NE stresses the RB position, having spent a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, snd 4th since 2011. And then put up w/ Blount's BS. Belly has you guys believing RB's don't matter while he quietly wins super bowls w/ the RB position playing a huge role for him. He gotcha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philly loaded up on RB's and Ajayi and Blount played huge roles in their super bowl run.

We're in agreement that you cannot overpay them, but I think you're way off in thinking that the position holds little value. And the value in RB's is almost exclusively in chain moving. This one facet has played a huge role in every super bowl winner's run that I can think of.