Would Dak crack the Cowboys top-5 Best QB list? Me, I say no

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DAK is the best Cowboys QB of all time !!!!!!

Roger and Troy have nothing on him

Anyone who thinks different is a Hater and Troll!!!!

3 12 win seasons in a row ......... in a heckin ROW!

I just pray Jerry is a Dunedain so he can be our leader for 210 years .............PLEASE!

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Troy agrees with me, just so you know.

You have to understand what you're watching.
And then you condescend while offering a specious, red herring proof?

Troy has been wrong about talent. I'll give his opinion more weight than the average person's for sure, but his assessment is not the final arbiter of talent.

I suspect your plea is for me to "see" what you "see". One of us is looking OBJECTIVELY and the other is PROJECTING what would be.

Sorry, I saw Romo and he had talent but he also had limitations...including the one in between his ears AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, the one in his chest. He lacked leadership intangibles, sulked and was still tinkering and "discovering" his delivery platform in YEAR 12. YEAR 12.

So...I know EXACTLY what I saw. While Romo was tinkering you and others were slobbering imagining him some type of great QB.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Why do you think you know what people saw and didn't see? Why is not ok to be a fan of Rodger, Troy, Danny, Tony and Dak?
I was a fan of all of them at one point...maybe except Romo. I could never wrap my arms fully around him. Heck, I guess you can say the same with Dak.

Look, I don't put Romo in the Quincy category...he's not a scrub, he had toughness, he was a competitor and he had moxy. That said, he was an individual contributor on a team that desperately needed leadership. And because he was one of "Jerry's Kids", he got a pass from Jerry on EARNING his paycheck with hours and leadership sacrifices. You saw it in plain view when he tried to "open up" and host the team at his house...while Dak and the team opened up the year 11-1. Yeah Romo...too bleeping little and too bleeping late. Where was all this before you ask? "Well, when you're a freshman you let others lead but then you grow up and then it's your turn...". REALLY? I think that was like year 8. And even then...you saw what happened in his last year...he was STILL lacking in leadership.

So anyone who puts Romo above Troy is "seeing" things that JUST WEREN'T THERE.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
That’s the thing. We have seen one year wonders across the league before. DCs are going to find something in all likelihood that is going to force Stroud to adjust. Can he? I don’t know if we can answer that yet.
Which will be what we need to see with Stroud. How does he respond to their adjustment. The kids been a winner and I'm sure this won't be the first time he has had to adjust.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
You must have not watched. He inherited old players from the 70s teams and carried them on his back.
When I spotted Danny White on the list my mind went immediately back to the 1981 Cowboy and Niner NFC Championship game. White could have been the hero after Dwight Clark's catch in the back of the endzone, but no he ended up fumbling the ball with enough time to get off a couple of more plays had he was able to tuck it away on a sack. That was a heart wrenching defeat...................

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
When I spotted Danny White on the list my mind went immediately back to the 1981 Cowboy and Niner NFC Championship game. White could have been the hero after Dwight Clark's catch in the back of the endzone, but no he ended up fumbling the ball with enough time to get off a couple of more plays had he was able to tuck it away on a sack. That was a heart wrenching defeat...................
Heart wrenching is an understatement.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I’m sure your low understanding ability will know that answer.
For the record, Pops, since you love to blather without knowing who the hell I am, I’ve watched every postseason game since 1970 plus many, many others. I possess the ability to contextualize performance and Morton’s performance in the 1970 playoffs was often terrible and middling at his best. He needed Staubach to save his butt in 72 vs San Fran, He was awful vs Cleveland in 69

You know damned well that 70 team was dragged to the Super Bowl by a fantastic run game and a defense that was playing lights out.

I know my stuff, and your petty little insults don’t diminish that in the slightest.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
From your posts I have a good idea of what you know so do most everyone else.
Oh honey, your knowledge is like a child’s compared to mine. Naive, incomplete and filled with unearned confidence

Chasing6

Reaction score
For the record, Pops, since you love to blather without knowing who the hell I am, I’ve watched every postseason game since 1970 plus many, many others. I possess the ability to contextualize performance and Morton’s performance in the 1970 playoffs was often terrible and middling at his best. He needed Staubach to save his butt in 72 vs San Fran, He was awful vs Cleveland in 69

You know damned well that 70 team was dragged to the Super Bowl by a fantastic run game and a defense that was playing lights out.

I know my stuff, and your petty little insults don’t diminish that in the slightest.
But he won a SB, so he must be elite.

Brax

Reaction score

I get it, “pops” gives it away you watch a few games on you tube and you know it all, smarter than Landry who couldn’t decide on a QB, also not knowing injury status, as for insults Funny how you like to throw them out but you’re thinned skinned and doesn’t like replies questioning your “knowledge” they weren’t insults on my side.

Brax

Reaction score
Oh honey, your knowledge is like a child’s compared to mine. Naive, incomplete and filled with unearned confidence
Insulting is all sad ignorant people have when they know they are wrong, I feel sorry for you got nothing insult, from your posts it appears you’re the child and as you stated I’m “POPs” have a good day Sonny boy