Would Dak crack the Cowboys top-5 Best QB list? Me, I say no

Brax

Reaction score
No, it is shame we have a fraud for a GM.

Last years team was not a good team.

It is shame you think it was a SB contender.
The last 3 years the door was open unfortunately Dak closed it with pathetic play, except that classic game against the 8-9 team a Dak special then disappeared when the good teams came to play

dupree89

Reaction score
Craig Morton?

Craig "Interception, Touchdown" Morton?

The only Super Bowl starting QB to score a ZERO passer rating, that Craig Morton?

No!

Absolutely not!

1. Roger Staubach
2. Troy Aikman
3. Danny White
4. Don Meredith
5. Tie - Tony Romo & Dak Prescott
saves me from typing much. I agree with this guy.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but those of you who missed out on Danny White...missed out.

Yes, at the time he wasn't Roger, couldn't get past the NFC Championship game, etc...we had higher standards back then. You can see the LOW STANDARDS all over this board by the fawning over a meh-talent loser like Dak. If these guys saw Danny White, they would be in Canton picketing 24/7 for his HOF bust.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but those of you who missed out on Danny White...missed out.

Yes, at the time he wasn't Roger, couldn't get past the NFC Championship game, etc...we had higher standards back then. You can see the LOW STANDARDS all over this board by the fawning over a meh-talent loser like Dak. If these guys saw Danny White, they would be in Canton picketing 24/7 for his HOF bust.
Why do you think you know what people saw and didn't see? Why is not ok to be a fan of Rodger, Troy, Danny, Tony and Dak?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
God I remember when I was like this ......... old school Troll Hunter ....... now Jerry has reduced me to what I am now.

Oh to be young again and feel football's keen sting.

Screenshot-20240326-042053-Gallery-picsay.jpg

:muttley:

erod

Reaction score
LOL @ #2...over Troy? LOL...this aint Tecmo or Madden. LOL...over Troy?!?

LOL LOL LOL ...to each his own.
Troy agrees with me, just so you know.

You have to understand what you're watching.

Redline360

Reaction score
Based upon looking at stats at face value one would say absolutely. However looking past that into the bigger picture like football era and etc...No

Would put him around 7

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is the best Dallas Cowboy QB of all-time.
If by that you mean the level at which they play and the physical and mental toolset they bring to the table.
He will own most of the passing awards this year and already has many of the single season awards.
He just finished 2nd in MVP voting.
He's a physical machine with year-round nutrition, weight training and specific position training.
He knows defenses and watches insane amounts of film.

BUT he is not the best QB versus his peers of an era. Roger was on a different tier than his peers.
Aikman brought accuracy and consistency that is common now but was not back then.

All QBs were less athletic and less physically imposing 30 years ago.

Roger was the best QB of his era.
Meridith was top 5 but close to 5.
Aikman was top 5 but close to 5.
Dak is probably 6-9 but just inside a QBs peak years.
Romo was 6-9 but injuries pushed him closer to 9.
I've never bought the idea that simply being bigger and stronger because over time people have become bigger and stronger should automatically mean someone needs to be ranked higher at their position.

And even stats aren't a tell all because of how the game has evolved. And particularly this is true at QB because leadership, control & decision making are key traits that can't be measured by stats alone.

When talking about the history of a franchise and ranking positions you have to look at what players accomplished and how much they elevated the team and the organization as a whole. Their place and importance in the history of the organization is what matters.

plasticman

Reaction score
Technically speaking, Dak is ineligible. He cannot be compared to other Cowboys quarterbacks because his career is not over. It would be unfair, one way or another, to compare Dak to QB's whose history has already been written.

If, by chance, the Cowboys do win a Super Bowl or, perhaps, just get there, then it could propel Dak right up to #3. if Dak ends his career with one or two losing seasons, then he is off the list for good.