Would Dak's agent put pressure on Jones by holding out of TC?

plymkr

Reaction score
I'd sure like to know what makes Dak some supreme "leader".
Same here. I don’t see what he does that’s anything different than any other QB. But throughout the years when Dak’s play has been criticized his loyal followers say he’s a great leader.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dumb question: If a player holds out under contract that includes signing bonuses, can the team go after them for the signing bonus money pro rated? I have read at times the answer is yes. That would make a holdout ugly.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/dak-prescott-19089/
Man Dak's contract is awful. Dak's total cap hit will be about $55m AFTER he leaves. Its Romo all over again.
His contract was bad, but made worse by us as we pushed money down the road. 40 mil cap hit next year.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except the Eagles who did us a favor by imploding post how many wins did Dak have against teams over .500 when we played them last season?
I won't wait long as the list is concise if you dare to reply.
P.S. I would be embarrassed as a Dakdavidian to list the Lions win............... :omg:

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
He is paid $29 million this season. Why fans think he’s being paid $55 million is beyond me. Fact is, if Dak was interested in remaining a Dallas Cowboys player he could indicate to his agent to find the deal Jerry Jones is comfortable with. What is unimaginable to haughty Cowboys fans is that Dak Prescott does not want to play for the Cowboys and the fastest way out is to show up for work. If he were to hold out the meter stops running on his time left. Dak and his agent are not going to do anything that could possibly delay Dak becoming a free agent. It was the whole point of the NTC. He’ll be paid a lot of money to play quarterback in the NFL in 2025. Perhaps not as much as he’d like, but a lot.
How will he ever survive on 30 million? I guess it’s top Ramen and grilled cheese then.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Except the Eagles who did us a favor by imploding post how many wins did Dak have against teams over .500 when we played them last season?
I won't wait long as the list is concise if you dare to reply.
P.S. I would be embarrassed as a Dakdavidian to list the Lions win............... :omg:
Dak collects stats so you cannot argue with His Fan Boys. They always have one that they pull out of their arses

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same here. I don’t see what he does that’s anything different than any other QB. But throughout the years when Dak’s play has been criticized his loyal followers say he’s a great leader.
Yep...it's very strange. Never seen it in an athlete with such massive up and down swings. VERY weird.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Great idea.. Hope he does
Exactly. Give the organization a good opportunity to see other QB's and reason to bench him when he crawls back.

Let the NFL media run 24/7 news cycle for months with Dak being benched before becoming a FA. Too bad France isn't that stupid.

Cmac

Reaction score
No need to holdout. Dak just needs to protect "himself" from injury. Since this has become hardball, he should leave Jerry with nothing in the end, since he is the Fall Guy for this current mess & dysfunction.
Seems the board is content for a future .500 or worse season and would treat Dak like Philly fans treated Michael Irvin, upon injury. To some, about to get what you've hoped for and another version of Jerry spewing "We're All-in" con job. Big Mike you're on the way out too.

Many speak of what it takes to play for America's Team.........being the face of the franchise, being talked about every day, even during insignificance, walking a thin line with personal activities, saying the right things during press conferences, being the sole reason for team failures, standing behind BS talk, being the brunt for sports media and fan humor.

Dak, you're not wanted any longer. Here's the hero. Don't ask why, same post season accomplishments and blunders.

R.8310445ba9f1061e16201992a761102e

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
At this point I would love nothing more to see Dak and France hit the open market and try and attempt and to totally fleece another franchise...
Bet the interest would be minimal at best.
Dak would get a job, but not with NTC, NT, and Term.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
What would a holdout actually do? Dak doesn't play in preseason games and Jerry's leverage is they can eat the cap hit and move on. Dak's leverage is he'll get paid what he wants elsewhere. The holdout would have to go into the season and Dallas would have to lose a lot early (think Emmitt Smith). I think it would create more pressure if Dak comes in and clearly outplays the backup in training camp to show Jerry the drop off if he were to leave via free agency the following year.

csirl

Reaction score
Cowboys should do the equivalent of a holdout on Dak. Tell him that he's getting no reps in practise and will be inactive in every game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol!
Holdout on a contract that’s paying him 55 million?
Dak is set to make 29M for playing the 2024 NFL season.

55M is his cap hit, not the amount that he is set to make.
- He has already received the difference (55M - 29M = 16M) in previous years.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Cowboys should do the equivalent of a holdout on Dak. Tell him that he's getting no reps in practise and will be inactive in every game.
That would be the easiest $29 million any player in any sport ever made. There is no way even Jerry Jones is that stupid. Jerry has not approved allowing Dak’s agent to negotiate with other teams to even make agreeing to a trade a viable option. He has not released Dak. Jerry, who agreed to the no trade clause in the first place, up to now has indicated by his actions he intends to keep Dak Prescott on the Cowboys and pay him more than any other player on the roster in 2024. Of course, Cowboys fans will blame Dak for not getting traded or released. None of this is Jerry’s fault. The cap situation is somehow Dak’s fault, too, not the fault of Jerry’s idiot son.