Would Dak's agent put pressure on Jones by holding out of TC?

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I wish.

A year early without Dak on the field would be great.
This could backfire though. Have Lance lose his first couple of games and they're back in panic mode.

Instead of knowing that this is part of the development process I fear they will feel the media hawks in their necks and crawl back to Dak.

Heck if I saw Trey making good progress on the field I wouldn't mind a losing season as the start into a new era. I doubt the Jones boys have the patience though.

And then there's the not too unlikely scenario that TL just sucks. Would they have the guts to go with someone else when Dak's ready to go?

zekecowboy

Reaction score
is it possible that Dak’s agent, could really put the pressure on the Jones clowns by holding him out of training camp and into the season?
This would be a wonderful dream. Unfortunately, Dak will not hold out during the season, if he does he does not get paid.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
is it possible that Dak’s agent, could really put the pressure on the Jones clowns by holding him out of training camp and into the season?
A gift to Jerry and the team.

If a team doesn't want to extend you, it's a gift to hold out camp and games to let them recoup money from you.

From Dak's side, I don't see Dak doing it. He didn't holdout while making 2mil in his 4th season.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not going to happen, in the new CBA the penalties were raised to such a high level that no player will ever hold out (like up to $100k a day).

LysleE

Reaction score
We fans aren’t that lucky…and I don’t think his agent is that stupid to advise Dak to hold out. It’s not like the team had a significant drop in performance when Dak was out with his ankle injury; so he is clearly not indispensable.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't see that at all......
Holding out means they are not meeting his contract demands. I think he will ask for a trade before it gets to this point. Honestly, just as much as fans want him gone, I'm not sure Dak isn't ready to move on just as much.

Sidenote
Remember Dak's last public appearance a couple of weeks ago? He talked about his new baby and touched on the contract issue. He mentioned the issue with the cap hit ( think used the term numbers) and how he understood so they will do something.

Then Jerry comes out the next week and tells us they need Dak's extension to field a good team that will compete this season.

Well it just hit me..........the adjustment was the small restructure that reduced his cap hit to $55M from $59M. Just me, there is no question they are officially in a dogfight and neither side give a damn about the fans.

***** Jerry and Stephen refusing to put winning above trying to stick it to Dak
***** Dak being greedy

I will wait and see what happens before training camp but from the look of how things are RIGHT NOW, I doubt we win more than 7-8 games.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I doubt if they do that. no extension talks have been had. QB market goes up. he saw a 35 year old QB, who is about the same as him, coming off injury get 45. so he is thinking he is at least that plus 10. holding our would cost him money per game. and it will lower his money value. he will come out and play hard, because he is playing for his next contract.

slick325

Reaction score
I'm surprised he isn't contemplating seeking a trade. Dallas has made no real effort to improve the team. The GM says the HC, QB, and team will have to "win with less." The entire coaching staff is in a lame duck year. The team seems ok with the QB being in a lame duck year.

He should seek a trade before draft day. But, somehow the idiots in charge would botch that too. Smh

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt it because one of Dak’s selling points is how great of a leader he is. So when people want to talk about his poor record against playoff teams then it gets thrown out, “but he’s a leader “. I doubt France would want to tarnish that part of Dak by making him look selfish. I could backfire
I'd sure like to know what makes Dak some supreme "leader".

Shows up for work everyday? Has picnics....er I mean workouts on his ranch?

I don't get it. He doesn't HAVE to be, but special mention about it? Weird.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt if they do that. no extension talks have been had. QB market goes up. he saw a 35 year old QB, who is about the same as him, coming off injury get 45. so he is thinking he is at least that plus 10. holding our would cost him money per game. and it will lower his money value. he will come out and play hard, because he is playing for his next contract.
Oh no. Not THAT routine. Play hard for the contract then coast. We've seen it before.

He should be "playing for his contract" every second.

Havic

Reaction score
No way dak leaves 55m on the table by sitting out

Flamma

Reaction score
A holdout is to get a new deal now. If their intention is to move on from Dak, why the hell would he hold out? He'd just be losing money he'll never get back.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A holdout is to get a new deal now. If their intention is to move on from Dak, why the hell would he hold out? He'd just be losing money he'll never get back.
Dak hold out........ :muttley: .....Players like Zeke (who Jerry knew was carrying the Daktrash) and Martin can hold out as they have something Dak doesn't.............TALENT!