Would Dak's agent put pressure on Jones by holding out of TC?

pansophy

Reaction score
Lol!
Holdout on a contract that’s paying him 55 million?
And what does he even get in the end? If he holds out he loses his year and would be stuck with the Cowboys At the end of the year would he not?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dumb question: If a player holds out under contract that includes signing bonuses, can the team go after them for the signing bonus money pro rated? I have read at times the answer is yes. That would make a holdout ugly.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/dak-prescott-19089/
Man Dak's contract is awful. Dak's total cap hit will be about $55m AFTER he leaves. Its Romo all over again.

coult44

Reaction score
is it possible that Dak’s agent, could really put the pressure on the Jones clowns by holding him out of training camp and into the season?
You’re late buddy, I’ve been saying this for the last two months.

Proof

Reaction score
I do not think you have been paying attention
explain? we acquired lance and kept him behind rush. this year he gets the opportunity to ‘compete’ with rush. so what haven’t i been paying attn to, and what part of pessimistically saying “probably get rush” indicates that?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I'd sure like to know what makes Dak some supreme "leader".

Shows up for work everyday? Has picnics....er I mean workouts on his ranch?

I don't get it. He doesn't HAVE to be, but special mention about it? Weird.
This was just a counterfactual to Romo’s lack of leadership claims by Dak-stans, but it’s really rooted in nothing tangible. I mean, the QB is the default leader on the field for a football team. Every QB becomes one, but generally leadership and winning are intertwined, so in those practical terms Dak isn’t anything special.

leeblair

Reaction score
is it possible that Dak’s agent, could really put the pressure on the Jones clowns by holding him out of training camp and into the season?
That would be awesome!
Most aren't aware that in some cases an intentional act of malice can be used to void the remainder of the contract.
I would love to see Dak do something that would let the Cowboys out of the last year of his deal!

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak fanboys: “Dak has no shot with this roster”
Insert Replacement, Dak fanboys: “This will really show them how much Dak is needed”.

Dak gets hurt in Tampa. Dak fanboys: “This is the FOs fault for not surrounding Dak with players. This season is a wash.”
Cooper Rush 4 wins after Dak sucks in TB..
“all Moore needs to do for Dak is run the same offense they are doing with Rush.”

End of year, Dak fanboys, “Kellen Moore is to blame.”

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Insert Replacement, Dak fanboys: “This will really show them how much Dak is needed”.

Dak gets hurt in Tampa. Dak fanboys: “This is the FOs fault for not surrounding Dak with players. This season is a wash.”
“all Moore needs to do for Dak is run the same offense they are doing with Rush.”

Those Dak Ultra Crusaders will STILL...not admit they called to INSTANTLY! tank the season. Too embarrassing for even them...with so little shame.

Then when Coop won games...they said "well that was just the defense".

Coop never gave the opposing team 14 free points in the 1st half.

We can win with other QBs...if you give them the same thing Dak Ultra Crusaders clamor Dak needs.

DDS is terrible thing...it makes you insane.

GMO415

Reaction score
He's making $50 million for 17 games and he should hold out? Really?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Never underestimate the power of today's Social Media.
Dak's has an excellent PR. Dept. which sells inepto daily on all platforms.

McMicah

Reaction score
I would LOVE that. Then the Cowboys can call his bluff and let him seek a trade partner

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
There isn’t a chance he holds out as that could be a disaster for him financially in the event whoever gets the snaps shows up. Dak is too afraid of that. We all saw how fast he came back from his injury when Rush was winning ballgames.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
No way dak leaves 55m on the table by sitting out
He is paid $29 million this season. Why fans think he’s being paid $55 million is beyond me. Fact is, if Dak was interested in remaining a Dallas Cowboys player he could indicate to his agent to find the deal Jerry Jones is comfortable with. What is unimaginable to haughty Cowboys fans is that Dak Prescott does not want to play for the Cowboys and the fastest way out is to show up for work. If he were to hold out the meter stops running on his time left. Dak and his agent are not going to do anything that could possibly delay Dak becoming a free agent. It was the whole point of the NTC. He’ll be paid a lot of money to play quarterback in the NFL in 2025. Perhaps not as much as he’d like, but a lot.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
What if they Cowboys see something they like in another quarterback during Training Camp?

Bagman

Reaction score
Yeah, that seems logical. You're the starter, going into your 9th season. You've accumulated 2 playoff wins. Zero rings. Yet, you've been paid roughly $200 million for these results. Sure let's demand MORE money.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
The Jones Family does a good job of turning yall on players. They take negotiations to the media and yall ready to move on from Dak, Ceedee, Micah, Tank, etc. The list goes on. Yall think because we draft relatively well that we can easily replace guys when it's not true. They have proven that their strategy is to not spend money in free agency with the savings and yet a large portion of the fanbase continuously fall for the banana in the tailpipe. One day you'll open your eyes.