Would Garrett get another HC job, like Jerry thinks, if he was released/fired?

DFWJC

Reaction score
If it was before all the openings are/wete filled?
Absolutely
Complete 100% lock

Would it be great hire?
Thats for others to decide

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
If it was before all the openings are/wete filled?
Absolutely
Complete 100% lock

Would it be great hire?
Thats for others to decide

Then I would trade him. We might get a 12th rounder.

cowfan

Reaction score
The Dolphins' former coach has a job. Jason Garrett has been more successful than him. Garrett had offers to coach other teams before he became the coach of the Cowboys. Garrett would get interviews for other jobs and he would get one.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
If 9-7 and a Wild Card win every 3 or 4 years is your goal, then Garrett is your guy. He's perfect for Jerry.

If you actually want to win championships, you need to look elsewhere.
Everyone should know this by now, but some of us are slow learners!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The Dolphins' former coach has a job. Jason Garrett has been more successful than him. Garrett had offers to coach other teams before he became the coach of the Cowboys. Garrett would get interviews for other jobs and he would get one.
Great point: Garrett had offers BEFORE he was HC of the Cowboys! Who wants a mediocre coach who motivates, but fails miserably when it comes to game planning vs playoff teams.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Someone made a good point today, Adam Gase did. Yes Jason would get a job.

Reaction score
Everyone should know this by now, but some of us are slow learners!!
There are guys around here that think with another 10-15 years of training, Garrett might actually accomplish something.

Completely delusional.

Jason Garrett will never, ever win a championship. Not in our lifetimes. Or 100 lifetimes.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is THE most popular guy in Filly, NY and Wash. The fans there love him because as long as he’s in charge the Cowboys are nothing more than flirtations of their past.

I have a cousin who is a Filly fan and lives up there. He LOVES Jerry Jones and reminds me all the time.
Yep.

Maybe not immediately, but he certainly would get another crack at it.
Really doubt it, but could be another owner as out of touch as Jerry.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends how many openings there are in a given year. This year he’d have been able to pick a favorite spot.

Flamma

Reaction score
I think Garrett would probably land a job. But seriously, what would any owner reasonably expect from Garrett? And ask yourself what is the ultimate goal for your team? It's not anymore complicated than that.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
5 offers means nothing..he could get 10 offers

Do you guys know how many inept organizations there are in this league? Much more than 5, let alone zero..

Big whoop

Bengals
Jets
Bills
Jags
Lions

Would be interested...yeah, that's the same guy I want running the Dallas Cowboys

I know having to think a little is sometimes hard for some, but nobody said which teams would have shown interest 2 weeks ago for Garrett. Second, if those were just the teams they are looking for a coach that has had some stability with a team and has produced winning records but your Garrett hatred doesn't see that.