Would Garrett get another HC job, like Jerry thinks, if he was released/fired?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
If you know your history as an owner there is no way Garrett gets another HCing job. 3 years in a row he losses win or go home games, besides all his Playoff failures!!!

You're so full of it. There have been coaches who have been fired and then hired by another team that doesn't have Garrett's record.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Undoubtably. You don't realize how he compares to other coaches because you don't see all their mistakes every day. Everyone sees every mistake Garrett makes because he's our coach.

All these glaring mistakes that fans with no NFL experience claim to happen, that are black and white and no room for what actual experienced NFL people see and actually know the whys and don't see it as black and white mistakes. Ya armchair coaches/GM's opinions are just so valuable.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The reality is he would get a job without a doubt but it would be with a Bengals/Tampa type team that just wants stability/being OK vs winning championships

I find it so humorous how fans go from blaming players, Prescott, to coaches, the coordinators and Garrett, to Jones for the Cowboys losing. It just depends on which thread starts the conversation. These same fans just find it so out of the question that 1) EVERY player and coach has had bad plays and/or games. 2) There are teams that at the moment are just better than the Cowboys right now. That doesn't mean the Cowboys can't and won't improve, but they just aren't quite there yet. 3) There are fans here that just are not happy unless they are complaining about something with the Cowboys.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Only if there is a ginger carve out in the new Rooney Rule.

lukin2006

Reaction score
No one is hiring Garrett in the NFL, College or HS. Most of us know Garrett is a fraud, him hanging onto SL, KM and RM is all the proof I need.

aria

Reaction score
I’d be curious to see what he did if he had more control without Jerrah’s meddling. It would be pretty funny if he went somewhere else and had good success so then the next narrative would be “Jerry wasted Jason’s best years”. Imagine that!

lukin2006

Reaction score
We should encourage Jerry to fire JG and test out the theory...

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I find it so humorous how fans go from blaming players, Prescott, to coaches, the coordinators and Garrett, to Jones for the Cowboys losing. It just depends on which thread starts the conversation. These same fans just find it so out of the question that 1) EVERY player and coach has had bad plays and/or games. 2) There are teams that at the moment are just better than the Cowboys right now. That doesn't mean the Cowboys can't and won't improve, but they just aren't quite there yet. 3) There are fans here that just are not happy unless they are complaining about something with the Cowboys.

Sorry but I don’t think you understand the NFL these days. It’s parity and different teams make runs yearly. We have been in the same trajectory going on a decade. Not too good, not too bad. We are one of 5 teams in two decades not to make their conference championship game. In this same time period every coach who has won a SB did in their first 5 yrs.

In another post you spoke of fans finding glaring mistakes that Others in the NFL don’t see. Yet our own owner just a few years back acknowledged JGs mistakes and straight out called him a coach in training and that they needed to get something out of those mistakes. Here we are 4 yrs later and we still haven’t progressed any further toward the main goal. There have been videos from commentatorsr, ex players etc since Saturday saying we got out coached and explaining we simply got out schemed. These arent frivolous claims. We are in a NFL world where teams change their fortune yearly but we are always in between

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score
The XFL is probably looking for coaches....so maybe?

nobody

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is THE most popular guy in Filly, NY and Wash. The fans there love him because as long as he’s in charge the Cowboys are nothing more than flirtations of their past.

I have a cousin who is a Filly fan and lives up there. He LOVES Jerry Jones and reminds me all the time.

I bet that Filly, NY, and Wash fans would all contribute to pay for Jerry's medical care to keep him healthy and in charge of the Cowboys. He wouldn't have to ever pay for medical again.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I hope one day soon we get a see how many HC offers the Red Headed Genius gets......that would mean he would no longer be the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, as Jerry so elegantly said about Jimmy almost 25 years ago.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Let him run another rb up the middle on 4th and 1

Let him run the clock out and kick a 50 yard fg and lose the game for someone else

Let him not kick the offsides kick and lose the game on defense for someone else.

The fear of not winning another Superbowl in my lifetime far outweighs keeping Garrett around for another one and done playoff run.

Even with the league's leading rusher for 3 years he still finds a way to lose come Playoff time

Garrett is a great puppet but we need an offensive boost and Linehan and Garrett cannot provide the answer.

Cole Beasely is gone and we were still a stud te away from having a championship team. What are the odds this coaching staff can overcome that in 2019?

Just fire this coaching staff already. He's not a winner as a coach but he genuinely loves Jerry and all of his players. Barf.

Too bad we can't start a go fund account for a new coach ha ha ha

Last edited:

DanA

Reaction score
I agree with the notion that a dumpster fire/cancer in the lockerroom type club would be in for Garrett.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Jason needs to go learn from a guy like Belichick.
I dont think Jason would get another head coaching job without some on the job training from a superior HC and organization as some type of assistant for a few years.

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
All these glaring mistakes that fans with no NFL experience claim to happen, that are black and white and no room for what actual experienced NFL people see and actually know the whys and don't see it as black and white mistakes. Ya armchair coaches/GM's opinions are just so valuable.

That's why we flush yours down the toilet

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Sorry but I don’t think you understand the NFL these days. It’s parity and different teams make runs yearly. We have been in the same trajectory going on a decade. Not too good, not too bad. We are one of 5 teams in two decades not to make their conference championship game. In this same time period every coach who has won a SB did in their first 5 yrs.

In another post you spoke of fans finding glaring mistakes that Others in the NFL don’t see. Yet our own owner just a few years back acknowledged JGs mistakes and straight out called him a coach in training and that they needed to get something out of those mistakes. Here we are 4 yrs later and we still haven’t progressed any further toward the main goal. There have been videos from commentatorsr, ex players etc since Saturday saying we got out coached and explaining we simply got out schemed. These arent frivolous claims. We are in a NFL world where teams change their fortune yearly but we are always in between

No you misquoted me. What I said is what FANS see as glaring mistakes, those with actual NFL experience don't see as mistakes or at least big glaring mistakes by the coach. I will explain that a little more. I said that because those NFL people have actual first hand NFL experience where as fans have couch experience and no first hand NFL experience. What fans see as big mistakes by the coach those with the NFL experience know that the fault first lies some place else. Here's an example. In the beginning of the season the Garrett haters were blaming this, that and everything on Garrett. Garrett knew some of the problems was the play of the O-line and I'm sure he had talks with Alexander but things didn't improve so he fired that coach. The play of the O-line improved instantly yet none of the Garrett haters never once tried to blame that on Alexander, only on Garrett.

I've not heard or read all of these former NFL people that blamed it on scheme. I did read a single one but that is a far cry from the many you implied. What I did hear/read is too often there were a player on plays caught out of position that allowed big gains. To me that is a player thought the ball was going one place and was hedging that way only to find it was going some place else and got caught out of position. That goes on the player not Garrett.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Some of you are just silly. Unless there was some kind of scandal that happens, Garrett would have his pick of just about any vacancy in the NFL. He is a good coach. I know that is blasphemy to say on here but it's true. Not a GREAT coach but he is a good coach. Simple question, are the Cowboys in better shape today than we he took over as HC? The answer is yes, without question and it's not even debatable. He has built a team that competes year in and year out and did so while not having any cap space to bring in key pieces. And probably the most attractive thing that would lead teams to hire Garrett, he has won with a veteran QB and more importantly - a rookie QB.

You guys let your emotion control you to much or you just can't be rational regarding the Cowboys.