Would Giants fans rank Romo over Eli

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
When he did have a great offensive line, he was far from great. He had some nice playoff games, but the Giants were a running team that played great defense.

That said, Romo sure wasn't absolved of blame when he didn't have this line...he was constantly flamed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Is it really all that hard for all you homers to give Eli an once of credit for getting his team to two Super Bowls and winning them? Not just that, He won the MVP in each game. Eli isn't so bad when he has a supporting cast. There's just two things to remember when it comes to Eli... 1) Eli is not elite. 2) Romo is better. :grin:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes they would, they have 2 SB's with him. And can't blame them either.

In reality, we know they are dilusional, as to the better QB overall really is.

As the Giants wins were a team effort more than a QB effort, and 2 great / lucky catches too. Well, one was lucky, the other by Manningham I will give a good throw and catch at the right moment.

So when Romo gets his 1st SB, it will still be a team effort. As they are are.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Is it really all that hard for all you homers to give Eli an once of credit for getting his team to two Super Bowls and winning them? Not just that, He won the MVP in each game. Eli isn't so bad when he has a supporting cast. There's just two things to remember when it comes to Eli... 1) Eli is not elite. 2) Romo is better. :grin:

sometimes the SB MVP is such a joke. For the 2007 game it should have been the D line that harrassed and marginalized Brady all game long. Here was a team averaging 35 points a game and they held them to 14. THAT was the real story of that SB.
To me the SB MVP is worth about as much as Pro Bowls anymore.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I'd rather have the lesser QB and the two Lombardi's, but if we're strictly talking QB and not teams...

Romo : Eli :: Fouts : Plunkett

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
In all fairness, he doesn't have our offensive line. And to be honest, if I was a Giants fan, no way would I admit Romo was better.

You act like Romo has played behind the great wall his entire career.

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
Why do we beg for this comparison?

Eli has two rings, two MVPs

Romo has two playoff wins, - one tainted by an absurd flag pickup .

Eli is on his way to the HOF - Romo despite his FF superb numbers ; isn't.

Craig

Reaction score
If i were a giants fan i'd just look at it as 2 vs 0. I dont think thats the most honest way to look at it but thats probably what i would do.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
What I care about is who has Super Bowls. Don't care how they got them, but I go with the proven winner every day. A guy can play lights out all the way up to the championship game and choke, that's not who I want.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Rather than pure talent, Giants fans have two Super Bowl MVP's to point at to "prove" he's better.

Ah...the post and the "like" - with a pinch of some savory Clove - three lonely souls despondent and flustered over Romo's success and now marginalized to a few quick hits now and then while clinging to Eli's stand alone performances where he single handedly quarterbacked the Giants to victory while holding opposing defenses to 15 PPG in their two runs and somehow caused multiple players to drop sure fire picks thrown right in their hands.

That Eli is somethin' else. Forget who's the better quarterback - Eli is the greatest football player who ever laced them up on both sides of the ball!

DFWJC

Reaction score
What I care about is who has Super Bowls. Don't care how they got them, but I go with the proven winner every day. A guy can play lights out all the way up to the championship game and choke, that's not who I want.

So Eli's (and team's)three one and dones do mean something after all.
Good to know.

waving monkey

Reaction score
If i were a giants fan i'd just look at it as 2 vs 0. I dont think thats the most honest way to look at it but thats probably what i would do.

that's true and thats a bias view.I dont blame them

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

And that's just a bad homer argument and to put my money where my mouth is, my opinion is even if Aaron Rodgers had never won a Super Bowl I would honestly say he was a better quarterback than Tony today and I would say that about Peyton, Brady and Brees - but that's where the list ends. Who else you got--

Flacco? Ben? Rivers (maybe tied) Ryan? Stafford? Nope.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
In all fairness, he doesn't have our offensive line. And to be honest, if I was a Giants fan, no way would I admit Romo was better.

Eli has also had really good defenses. Romo threw over 500yds and 5TDs against Denver last year...and it wasn't enough.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Joe Flacco beat Tom Brady in the playoffs by going 4-11 for 27 yards.

Big ben won a super bowl playing one of the worst games ever for a QB.

Literally makes no sense these days to judge a quarterback based on wins and losses when there are 21 other players on the field- this isnt basketball.

And Romo is second in 4th quarter comeback only to Eli Manning- BUT, Eli has also played in about 45 more games throughout his career.

Romo is better and it really shouldnt even be a discussion.