Would Giants fans rank Romo over Eli

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
If I had to pick between Eli and Romo to QB a team of the same exact players this season, I would put in Tony Romo over Eli without hesitation and it isn't even close.

Having said that, I would take those Giants' defensive lines and those two super bowls over zero, so I get why some would debate.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
If I had to pick between Eli and Romo to QB a team of the same exact players this season, I would put in Tony Romo over Eli without hesitation and it isn't even close.

Having said that, I would take those Giants' defensive lines and those two super bowls over zero, so I get why some would debate.

They had some amazing defensive lines those two runs. Hopefully we're trying to construct the same thing here.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
anyone reverse this question yet? how many cowboys fans would take eli over romo?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yup.

Good god man. Eli has gone on TWO full playoff runs.

Eli is 2 Time SB MVP.

No, Romo is not better.

Romo is not better? Romo is not better than the guy who had a 69.4 rating two years ago? Led the league in INT's twice? Has trouble keeping his offense in sync?

I love how people point to the 2 playoff runs and don't point out the multiple years he helped with their failings.

Eli IS NOT better. You have absolutely no stats to prove it outside of the bull**** "Super Bowl wins" argument that has been countered with FACTS multiple times. Just stop.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Eli has done enough for the Giants to stink it up for another 3 years. When you bring a team x2 super bowls there is respect and loyalty for a person. You don't see stats or causes of failure only the fact he can get stuff done. To be honest compare Romo to Eli is silly. One group is all in on stats while the other group is about jewelry.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eli has done enough for the Giants to stink it up for another 3 years. When you bring a team x2 super bowls there is respect and loyalty for a person. You don't see stats or causes of failure only the fact he can get stuff done. To be honest compare Romo to Eli is silly. One group is all in on stats while the other group is about jewelry.

kinda a great way to put it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Bull. Eli Manning is 34 years old, there was talk of him AFTER his second Super Bowl win going on to finally becoming an elite QB (The same with Joe Flacco). He is failing at it, he's failing so bad that he is having trouble grasping an offensive philosophy. A 34 year old QB can't get on the same page with his offense, and this has been a big problem with him his entire career.

Stats DO matter. Get out of here with this 1980-like football thinking. Super Bowls are a team accomplishment, there is no argument against it. The debate has been done on here and every other football forum, it all ends the same.

The Giants won the Super Bowl twice because Eli Manning isn't a terrible QB, he's competent at least and had an emerging running game and defense late into both 2007 and 2011. This is the "Getting hot before playoffs".

Shunpike

Reaction score
As a Giants fan I believe Romo is better passer. Has better QB skills than Eli. And Eli is not an elite QB at all. But belittling his contributions to our last 2 Superbowl runs is not fair.And no I wouldn't take Romo over Eli. Eli is inconsistent as hell, but once he turns on the switch in the playoffs, he plays one level above his usual self.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Romo is not better? Romo is not better than the guy who had a 69.4 rating two years ago? Led the league in INT's twice? Has trouble keeping his offense in sync?

I love how people point to the 2 playoff runs and don't point out the multiple years he helped with their failings.

Eli IS NOT better. You have absolutely no stats to prove it outside of the bull**** "Super Bowl wins" argument that has been countered with FACTS multiple times. Just stop.

Fact is... He is capable of making complete playoff runs and winning SB 2x.
As of right now, Romo is NOT capable. He is a just slightly above one and done in playoffs QB. And don't mention this past years win vs Detroit. Yeah he beat the eagles a few years back. Doesn't matter.

Nothing else matters.

Get us us 50 and 51 THEN he is better than Eli... Not before.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eli got the helmet catch for one SB. Really cannot claim he did anything on that play but toss it up there and hope his receiver made a play and he did.

Did play better in his second SB but once again it was the D that got it done. He just managed to not mess it up.

Every time some gomer points to rings as the end all and be all I ask them then why is not Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson rated up there. They have rings.

Look at the Rapist. He got a ring and had the worst QB rating for a winning QB in the history of the SB. But he got a ring out of it. So by that one game according to some he is better then anyone that never got one.

Actually Eli did mess it up by throwing a pass straight to a defender, but the NE DB didn't hold onto the ball.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
As of right now, Romo is NOT capable. He is a just slightly above one and done in playoffs QB. And don't mention this past years win vs Detroit. Yeah he beat the eagles a few years back. Doesn't matter.

Nothing else matters.

it is such sheer and utter bull**** to give all the credit, or the blame, to 1 player.

but that's as deep as some can get, so nuff said.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Nothing else matters.

Oh, so actual real perspective doesn't matter? Just whatever feeds into your Romo-hate agenda, right?

His accomplishments don't matter? Beating a rival two weeks in a row, one in the playoffs, doesn't matter? The fact that our line showed their age in the Minny game and our defense showed their ugly head is on Romo? Romo throwing a beautiful pass to Dez and Dez the almighty not holding onto the ball is on Romo?

These things show Romo IS capable of winning in the playoffs, we didn't lose because of him, we lost because we don't have the team to get to the Super Bowl. That is far more troubling.

You have such simplistic thinking, it's a huge problem within the NFL community really.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
But then there are those two Super Bowl rings. That kind of hardware automatically places you in the top quarterbacks conversation, statistics be damned. And it can make great passers like Tony Romo (terrific stats, but one single playoff victory) look almost marginalized by comparison.
Hmm...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
People can point to the SB that is fair but Eli is one of the most inconsistent QB out there, How do you have the horrendous season as in 2013 where he 27 ints to 18 TD and there are other season about as poor. Once people claimed he was elite yet elite QB careers to do go up and down like a yoyo.

Romo has consistently been a very good QB and no doubt he has no SB rings then again a lot of that comes down to team more than individual.

Who would I rather have as my QB? Romo any day of the week and I'm not being a homer because if the question is who is better Rodgers or Romo? hands down Rodgers

By the way Rodgers has 1 SB ring while Eli has 2 again who would you want as your QB? lol it is not all about the ring it is about who can perform