Would Giants fans rank Romo over Eli

mattjames2010

Reaction score
People can point to the SB that is fair but Eli is one of the most inconsistent QB out there, How do you have the horrendous season as in 2013 where he 27 ints to 18 TD and there are other season about as poor. Once people claimed he was elite yet elite QB careers to do go up and down like a yoyo.

Romo has consistently been a very good QB and no doubt he has no SB rings then again a lot of that comes down to team more than individual.

Who would I rather have as my QB? Romo any day of the week and I'm not being a homer because if the question is who is better Rodgers or Romo? hands down Rodgers

By the way Rodgers has 1 SB ring while Eli has 2 again who would you want as your QB? lol it is not all about the ring it is about who can perform

Apparently Eli is better than Peyton Manning as well.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
While I think most football fans outside of the northeast would agree that Romo is the better quarterback you can't blame Giants' fans for sticking with a guy that helped bring two championships to New York. If the situation were reversed we'd all do the same.

It comes with the territory that fans' opinions are a little skewed when it comes to players in their team's uniform.

But I can tell you that just from watching the two play for a while now that Romo is just better.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Fact is... He is capable of making complete playoff runs and winning SB 2x.
As of right now, Romo is NOT capable. He is a just slightly above one and done in playoffs QB. And don't mention this past years win vs Detroit. Yeah he beat the eagles a few years back. Doesn't matter.

Nothing else matters.

Get us us 50 and 51 THEN he is better than Eli... Not before.

it's not golf, red.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
Super Bowls is such a dumb metric by which to measure QBs. It drives me crazy. Almost every multiple-SB winning QB is overrated and many great QBs never won a Super Bowl because they never had the supporting cast. I really, really wish the media would stop perpetuating that nonsense.

Also, even if you just look at sheer numbers and don't consider team fandoms or whatever, I take Romo every day over Eli Manning. Manning is a good QB, but he's not the best QB in the NFCE.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just some trivia
Eli (and team) have won playoff games on Super Bowl runs with him having QB ratings of 72, 87, and 83.
Romo (and team) just lost a playoff game with him having a QB rating 143.6....or a rating higher than Eli has ever had in any playoff game.

Not that QB rating is some be-all end-all thing, but it provides some perspective on how it's a team sport.
Seems like basic stuff, but some around here don't get in when it comes to this topic.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Who would I rather have as my QB? Romo any day of the week

By the way Rodgers has 1 SB ring while Eli has 2 again who would you want as your QB? lol it is not all about the ring it is about who can perform

Well.., opinions.... We all have them lol

1. I don't know that Romo wins one or two or any with those giants teams. Eli did. Fact.
2. Eli beat Rodgers

So I'm going to disagree on both things.

Oh, so actual real perspective doesn't matter? Just whatever feeds into your Romo-hate agenda, right?

His accomplishments don't matter? Beating a rival two weeks in a row, one in the playoffs, doesn't matter? The fact that our line showed their age in the Minny game and our defense showed their ugly head is on Romo? Romo throwing a beautiful pass to Dez and Dez the almighty not holding onto the ball is on Romo?

These things show Romo IS capable of winning in the playoffs, we didn't lose because of him, we lost because we don't have the team to get to the Super Bowl. That is far more troubling.

You have such simplistic thinking, it's a huge problem within the NFL community really.

If you read my posts.

I am a Romo supporter.

I just don't feed into the bs about him. Ain't his fault, never had a team good enough to win it all bs. Bs. He has big giant warts. Until they are gone he ain't done nothing ... Other than statistically.

Romo is not better? Romo is not better than the guy who had a 69.4 rating two years ago? Led the league in INT's twice? Has trouble keeping his offense in sync?

I love how people point to the 2 playoff runs and don't point out the multiple years he helped with their failings.

Eli IS NOT better. You have absolutely no stats to prove it outside of the bull**** "Super Bowl wins" argument that has been countered with FACTS multiple times. Just stop.

Again. When it came down to clutch time in playoffs. He has 2 - Romo has 0

This jus reads hilariously. Why do I need "facts" to counter stats. Two different arguments.

BS SB wins?? Lol

DFWJC

Reaction score

1. I don't know that Romo wins one or two or any with those giants teams. Eli did. Fact.
2. Eli beat Rodgers

If you read my posts.

I am a Romo supporter.

I just don't feed into the bs about him. Ain't his fault, never had a team good enough to win it all bs. Bs. He has big giant warts. Until they are gone he ain't done nothing ... Other than statistically.

This jus reads hilariously. Why do I need "facts" to counter stats. Two different arguments.

BS SB wins?? Lol

That's your problem.
You just said "Eli beat Rodgers" and you don't even see the basic flaw in that statement.

I just noticed in one playoff game when "Eli beat Rodgers", that Eli had a 72 QB rating and zero TD passes.
He may have been one of the last reasons they won that game....yet HE beat Rodgers.
Beyond preposterous.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
While I think most football fans outside of the northeast would agree that Romo is the better quarterback you can't blame Giants' fans for sticking with a guy that helped bring two championships to New York. If the situation were reversed we'd all do the same.

It comes with the territory that fans' opinions are a little skewed when it comes to players in their team's uniform.

But I can tell you that just from watching the two play for a while now that Romo is just better.

Again I take nothing away from Eli and what NY has accomplished by the same token I can't recall seeing a QB so up and down in his career. Yes he has played great at times and other season looks like a rookie out there with poor reads and bad throws. The guy has 7 seasons of 15 or more ints. while Romo has had 2 in 9 seasons

2. Eli beat Rodgers

If you read my posts.

I am a Romo supporter.

BS SB wins?? Lol

I know Eli has had players and teammates who have stepped up in big games. SB are still a team deal Rodgers has a SB while Eli has 2 who would you take? Who is the better QB not who had the better team. I think Eli is a good QB he also has had seasons where he has looked like a rookie out there. I give NY Giants their dues and I will give Eli credit but I have seen few QB who can look as good and as crappy as Eli

mattjames2010

Reaction score

If you read my posts.

I am a Romo supporter.

BS SB wins?? Lol

So, everything you just said is "I don't want to look too deep into things, I don't want to analyze, I just want to mimic the talking heads and put no thought behind my arguments"?

Thank you, I'm glad you are admitting to really have no basis for your argument outside of the "Eli - 2 SB rings, Romo - 0 SB rings"

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I know Eli has had players and teammates who have stepped up in big games. SB are still a team deal Rodgers has a SB while Eli has 2 who would you take? Who is the better QB not who had the better team. I think Eli is a good QB he also has had seasons where he has looked like a rookie out there. I give NY Giants their dues and I will give Eli credit but I have seen few QB who can look as good and as crappy as Eli

I used to spend some time on the Giants boards, and while there are the usual defenders of a QB, there are a lot of them who are completely realistic and say exactly what you're saying: He's inconsistent. There used to be a lowlight video from his 2010 season showing and detailing his massive amount of interceptions, while SOME were on his receivers, for the most part; he was just playing like a third string QB. He was awful.

The same with Roethlisberger. Steelers' fans are completely realistic about him and admit the "magic" he used to have has been gone for quite some time and he wasn't worthy of a contract extension.

But to the media and the casual fans? Eli and Big Ben are top 5 QBs because of the shiny jewelry.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I used to spend some time on the Giants boards, and while there are the usual defenders of a QB, there are a lot of them who are completely realistic and say exactly what you're saying: He's inconsistent. There used to be a lowlight video from his 2010 season showing and detailing his massive amount of interceptions, while SOME were on his receivers, for the most part; he was just playing like a third string QB. He was awful.

The same with Roethlisberger. Steelers' fans are completely realistic about him and admit the "magic" he used to have has been gone for quite some time and he wasn't worthy of a contract extension.

But to the media and the casual fans? Eli and Big Ben are top 5 QBs because of the shiny jewelry.

I think Ben is playing some the best football of his career right now.
But he certainly did benefit from having a great defense over the years.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Right now there is no contest: It be Romo over Ellie Mae Manning.

But it must be noted that Ellie Mae half two Super Bowl victories as QB while Romo half two career playoff victories.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
At the end of the day, Super Bowls are how QBs are ultimately judged. It will probably always lean Eli if Tony can't win a championship or two.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Again with the, "is Romo better than Eli" thread. At this point it doesn't really matter anymore does it? I definitely think Romo is better but if you asked me who is rather have, Eli and two championships and Romo and two playoff wins.... I take Eli and his up and down career all day long. That is until Romo finally gets one.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

2. Eli beat Rodgers

If you read my posts.

I am a Romo supporter. (iceberg - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASIDESHURTLIKEHELLBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHACANTBREATHEBWAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

(iceberg - all romo supporters should support him in such fashion)

BS SB wins?? Lol

this would make brad johnson, trent dilfer, and many others who relied on the team to win suddenly better than any other qb who never won a superbowl?

by your own line of (a-hem) logic, this would make dilfer better than:
kenny anderson
randall cunningham
boomer
jim kelly
warren moon
fouts
tarkenton
and ultimately:

marino.

but hold onto that turd of logic. nothing speaks volumes bout your own level of intelligence moreso than one of your posts.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
this would make brad johnson, trent dilfer, and many others who relied on the team to win suddenly better than any other qb who never won a superbowl?

by your own line of (a-hem) logic, this would make dilfer better than:
kenny anderson
randall cunningham
boomer
jim kelly
warren moon
fouts
tarkenton
and ultimately:

marino.

but hold onto that turd of logic. nothing speaks volumes bout your own level of intelligence moreso than one of your posts.

Aloe Vera for sale, needed at this site. lol