Would losing Romo really be that bad?

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Because anyone with common sense and or football sense knows that Romo staying healthy is the best thing for this team. If YOU can't see that then you don't understand football
Romo staying healthy....what is that?

Gameover

Reaction score
The only point in any of your post is to defend Tony to death. It's cool you like him. We all have favorites. But you take it to the point of ridiculous, so much many on here laugh their butts off over how you defend him.

My point was, and BTW you missed it, was based on Tony's playoff success, or lack thereof, getting Dak started earlier could be a good thing for us long term.
Most around here have an attachment to players. They would rather continue to underachieve with Romo(and his efficient stats) then to take a chance with a rookie who has 'IT'.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I should have spoken for myself. Point taken. This doesn't feel like Romo bubbling beneath the surface when Drew Bledsoe was starting but it has an similar feeling.
I understand your point, but I want Dak to sit for a good two years. That means that (1) Romo was injury free (which I presume means he also played up to his capabilities), and (2) that Dak had the opportunity to observe and absorb (which I presume would lead to him being ready to assume duties as ourQB.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Dak looks great in preseason but you can't go by that because its JUST PRESEASON. Dez and Zeke look great in preseason which solidifies their greatness. What am I missing here?

jnday

Reaction score
After last season's results , I can't believe this thread. SMDH

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Most around here have an attachment to players. They would rather continue to underachieve with Romo(and his efficient stats) then to take a chance with a rookie who has 'IT'.
Well, its all those championships that has them spoiled....

jnday

Reaction score
It would be bad, but it wouldn't be as bad as before because Dak has shown that he can play.
He hasn't shown anything other than playing well in preseason. I watched his whole time in college and his faults would show up fast in the regular season.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
At least this thread will allow new CZ members to quickly realize who not to take seriously.

Gameover

Reaction score
I remember watching an inexperienced qb in a preseason game ten years ago in Seattle, I knew after that one game that the inexperienced qb was our best option!

Ten years later history repeats itself...

In fairness: This old qb has a lot more to offer than that old qb. That old qb was done skill wise. This qb still has skills, it's just this inexperienced qb is truly special.

Last edited:

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I remember watching an inexperienced qb in a preseason game ten years ago in Seattle, I knew after that one game that inexperienced qb was our best option!

Ten years later history repeats itself.

In fairness: This old qb has a lot more to offer than that old qb. That old qb was done skill wise. This qb still has skills, it's just this inexperienced qb is truly special.
Maybe the best response so far.