Would love to see Trey Lance with CeeDee and the starters

conner01

Reaction score
Now that CeeDee is back, I would love to see Trey Lance get game time with the starting lineup and with CeeDee doing what he does.
It could be awesome!
Maybe next year because unless there is a long term injury to Dak, he’s gonna be the emergency QB

conner01

Reaction score
All Pro Dak that is. I just want Lance to beat out Rush. Then we can worry about bigger tasks.
Do you honestly think he has beat out Rush? If we are in the playoff hunt and Dak has to miss a couple games, who would you want under center? Lance has more raw skills than rush but he’s not near ready and because of circumstances he may never get what he needs to develop

stiletto

Reaction score
Now that CeeDee is back, I would love to see Trey Lance get game time with the starting lineup and with CeeDee doing what he does.
It could be awesome!
0eb24b53-f36d-4eef-974e-51492da583ed_text.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Do you honestly think he has beat out Rush? If we are in the playoff hunt and Dak has to miss a couple games, who would you want under center? Lance has more raw skills than rush but he’s not near ready and because of circumstances he may never get what he needs to develop
Rush. and there's no comparison. I don't want Lance on the field this year and I don't think the Cowboys do either. Don't kill what little pride or confidence he has by putting him out there before he's ready.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
We don't have another 9 or 10 years to waste on a project.
Ahhh.. good teams keep a developmental QB in the works at all times. The Cowboys have actually been doing it wrong for NOT having one. Even if the starter never misses a game a young talented developmental QB can look awfully sexy to other teams whose starter sucks.. Can you say "draft picks?"

Adreme

Reaction score
It could be awesome!
I already watched him fail against players who are going to the UFL and CFL in a few days. The idea that he would look better against better competition is the height of delusion.

It’s basically arguing that a starting NFL QB would struggle if they played in a college football game. The funny part is we KNOW that isn’t true because we saw them all look great when they were WORSE than they are now. Despite that there are still people who would seemingly argue that these players got worse under NFL coaching and training.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Y'all need to let it go. Lance is not the future here
This is where I am. I really don't understand all the hype of Lance. If you take away his draft position (which was obviously a mistake) nothing in his resume really says he should be afforded as much leeway that he has received to this point.

Remove his draft position and what you have is player who over the course of 8 years (including HS, college and NFL) has thrown a total of 500+ passes at 61% (which is low considering most of this was in HS and college) for 4800 yards - This is barely 1 single season worth of stats.... yet it's over an 8-year period. As entire career stats for someone who has been in the NFL for 3 full years, most fans wouldn't even entertain this type of player as a pet cat, much less than someone to take up a roster spot on the 53. The only reason why I can justify fans adulating over Trance is that 1) he was the overall 3rd pick (so he must be good) and 2) desperate to find the alternative to Dak and are willing to grasp at straws to justify his replacement.

The only thing Trance has to lean on is his 1 year of college stats.

Att CMP CMP% Yds Yds/att TD INT RTG
318 208 65.4 2947 9.3 30 1 125.3

Compare that to Daks senior year and you will see it's not that much different and, Dak played against much better competition (SEC vs Missouri valley Conf)

Att CMP CMP% Yds Yds/att TD INT RTG
477 316 66.2 3793 8.0 29 5 106.3

So why does everybody think that Trance deserves a long leash for development. Even comparing his preseason performance (scrubs against scrubs) he is averaging middle of the pack compared to the other 2nd/3rd string QBs and those that won't be on rosters this year.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
It could be awesome!
That means the other team's starters would be playing! He wouldn't be playing the dock loaders from Home Depot! It would get ugly very quick, and CD would not see the ball very much!