Would love to see Trey Lance with CeeDee and the starters

conner01

Reaction score
Rush. and there's no comparison. I don't want Lance on the field this year and I don't think the Cowboys do either. Don't kill what little pride or confidence he has by putting him out there before he's ready.
He needs hundreds of reps and sadly he may never get them. He got that big contract so his agent would be smart to get him on a team with a cheap deal so they can keep him long enough to develop him. Or in another league so he can get reps. It’s hard to get to the nfl and need reps to develope as a QB because you just aren’t gonna get them. That’s one reason I hated going to 3 pre season games. It’s the young players who really need ever snap they can get to show something and develop their game

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
Lance can scramble but I wouldn't want him having to pass a lot in the event Dak is out. The Cowboys would have to become run oriented which could work if the offensive line keeps looking good. Lance panics in plays where he has to make multiple reads. Not comfortable in the pocket at all.

Zman5

Reaction score
Now that CeeDee is back, I would love to see Trey Lance get game time with the starting lineup and with CeeDee doing what he does.
It could be awesome!
vyhBxC1i_o.png

CWR

Reaction score
Now that CeeDee is back, I would love to see Trey Lance get game time with the starting lineup and with CeeDee doing what he does.
It could be awesome!
Problem is he'd then be playing against a starting defense.

I'm all for Lance, but he's not ready. He might never be ready.

Some of our posters are blinded by their hate for Dak. It's pathetic.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
It could be awesome!
you realize Lance would also be going against the opposing #1 team as well? No 7th round DB's trying to make the practice squad...talking legit staters that will rob his soul

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It could be awesome!
could be awsome. could be another 5 interceptions against real NFL CBs....I mean some of those misses were down right awful. awful.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion.
don't ask. there is no logic. he gets to hate a player, then chooses another player on the team to pump up. he used to Argue that TAashard Choice was as good as Emmitt Smith. and he actually argued page after page why Kellen Moore is a HOF type QB

Mikexike

Reaction score
It could be awesome!
We don't need to see him with the 1s, He needs to learn how to stop air mailing his passes and maybe then he may get a chance.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just like Dak…. But Dak’s had 9 years to work at it….
Dak is on you mind 365x7x24x60x60....you can't sleep, sit, eat, walk, or anything else without for one moment not think about Dak.

so perhaps Cowboys will bring back Dalton and win a championship....I am still waiting

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Do you honestly think he has beat out Rush? If we are in the playoff hunt and Dak has to miss a couple games, who would you want under center? Lance has more raw skills than rush but he’s not near ready and because of circumstances he may never get what he needs to develop
Lance clearly didn’t beat out Rush. He was given the opportunity but didn’t get it done. The only way he becomes the backup is if the Joneses make him the backup. Can’t imagine they would take that risk, with the faith they have in Cooper Rush who’s won 5 games for them.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ahhh.. good teams keep a developmental QB in the works at all times. The Cowboys have actually been doing it wrong for NOT having one. Even if the starter never misses a game a young talented developmental QB can look awfully sexy to other teams whose starter sucks.. Can you say "draft picks?"
yes they do, but after 4 or 5 years and no progress, they move to the next project. I think Lance's time to develop is coming to a close very fast.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What is the world does CeeDee and the starters have anything to do with ball placement or poor decision making? TBH Trey Lance should not be on the 53 man roster.
shhhh, he doesn't understand football really. so don't embarass him like that. he thinks he was very profound.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
This is where I am. I really don't understand all the hype of Lance. If you take away his draft position (which was obviously a mistake) nothing in his resume really says he should be afforded as much leeway that he has received to this point.

Remove his draft position and what you have is player who over the course of 8 years (including HS, college and NFL) has thrown a total of 500+ passes at 61% (which is low considering most of this was in HS and college) for 4800 yards - This is barely 1 single season worth of stats.... yet it's over an 8-year period. As entire career stats for someone who has been in the NFL for 3 full years, most fans wouldn't even entertain this type of player as a pet cat, much less than someone to take up a roster spot on the 53. The only reason why I can justify fans adulating over Trance is that 1) he was the overall 3rd pick (so he must be good) and 2) desperate to find the alternative to Dak and are willing to grasp at straws to justify his replacement.

The only thing Trance has to lean on is his 1 year of college stats.

Att CMP CMP% Yds Yds/att TD INT RTG
318 208 65.4 2947 9.3 30 1 125.3

Compare that to Daks senior year and you will see it's not that much different and, Dak played against much better competition (SEC vs Missouri valley Conf)

Att CMP CMP% Yds Yds/att TD INT RTG
477 316 66.2 3793 8.0 29 5 106.3

So why does everybody think that Trance deserves a long leash for development. Even comparing his preseason performance (scrubs against scrubs) he is averaging middle of the pack compared to the other 2nd/3rd string QBs and those that won't be on rosters this year.
This is great and has a lot of the same thoughts i have..and you already answered why people want to give Lance a longer leash for development "desperate to find the alternative to Dak and are willing to grasp at straws to justify his replacement".

Like others, I gave him a chance but Lance at 4 years in couldnt outplay Daks rookie preseason....that tells me enough there.