Would Norv drop T.O.?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1352972 said:
Owens has not done or said anything pertaining to the next HC.:rolleyes:

Nothing has even happened yet, .. we don't even know who the next HC is yet, and already you are going off about Owens. :laugh2:

Your hate is deep man. ... Not healthy.

I agree w/ WV. Folks can't let the hate they have for Owens cloud everything.

Nobody has handled Owens?

Parcells handled him just fine last year. Look at all the stuff that happened that would have been fire and brimstone anywhere else besides on BP's team.

BP was like.

"Huh - Owens plays here?" "What's his jersey number?"

For those who hate Owens. Remember - he really did start to gel w/ many of his fellow teammates later in the year.

Romo loves the guy btw. I bet that turns into a pretty good friendship.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Dallas;1352982 said:

Parcells handled him just fine last year. Look at all the stuff that happened that would have been fire and brimstone anywhere else besides on BP's team.

BP was like.

For those who hate Owens. Remember - he really did start to gel w/ many of his fellow teammates later in the year.

I totally agree... Romo is the future of this team, and if he thinks Owens is helpful for this team - then I'd put my faith in him.

Yeah I look at Marcus Spears and Chris Canty as worse teammates than Owens. They had Newman furious at the end of the year because they constantly ran their mouthes, and failed to perform at all during the season.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1352967 said:
And what if Rivera or Singletary can't control him? Face it TO has had more than a couple of run in with coaches and either everyone is wrong or TO has been wrong and it has lead to 2 teams parting company with him. I don't think there is anyone who can control TO expect for TO he is after all a grown man and if a coach is not allowed to have a say in discipline of his players including TO then it does not matter which coach we hire. ESPN is not the only group of people who do not think highly of TO and again that is why so many teams did not even attempt to sign him. We also do not know what the tolerance level would be from any of the coaches we may hire regarding TO his constant act.

Does none of the recent happenings in Philthy make you wonder a little about what actually happened up there in 05 ?

It does me, I see that it was not all Owens.

McNabb is a manipulative baby.

Reminds me of the little brother that can always get the older brother in trouble and have the parents side with him, .. and he knows it and does it on purpose.

The more I see how McNabb really is, .. and the more I watched how the media played everything out here in Dallas last year, the more I wonder what actually went down in Philthy that season.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1352986 said:
Does none of the recent happenings in Philthy make you wonder a little about what actually happened up there in 05 ?

Reminds me of the little brother that can always get the older brother in trouble and have the parents side with him, .. and he knows it and does it on purpose.

The more I see how McNabb really is, .. and the more I watched how the media played everything out here in Dallas last year, the more I wonder what actually went down in Philthy that season.

The fact that T.O. keeps in touch with former Eagle players, and they came to his birthday party speaks volumes for what actually transpired in Philly. Remember T.O. playing dominos with Reggie Brown?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas;1352982 said:

BP was like.

Get off the stupid Hate stuff I do think these are legit question that a possible 1st time HC could very well be dealing with. As for Romo loving the guy well Romo is not going to be named HC and you get a guy like Rivera who is to say how much non-sense he will put up with in his 1st job as a HC? As for Parcells he would blow off TO and refused to talk about him, will the next HC as he is dealing with question each day or will he be willing to speak his mind after all TO has no issue saying what is on his but has not reacted well when others have spoke their mind regarding him.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I am praying that whoever the HC is he will dump Owens. We don't need the guy and no HC needs that headache.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1352986 said:

Your right it was all McNabb. Funny how it is always someone else but never Little T. :rolleyes:

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;1352986 said:

Give me a freaking break. It may have been a team rule but it was pretty stupid for Andy Reid not to allow Donovan McNabb to travel with the team. If anything, he should be honored. A lot of players would see that as an opportunity to be lazy and take some RR. A lot of players refuse to travel with the team when they are asked. McNabb gets mad because he wanted to show up. However, McNabb is passionate about winning and his team and he wanted to travel with them. Do you think the Cowboys would have ever done that to Troy Aikman? McNabb is their leader and he wanted to there with his teammates in spirit. Why doesn't anyone see it from McNabb's point of view. You are the QB and undisputed leader of that team and you are not allowed to travel with the team because you are on IR. They could have an exception and I don't think any one of his teammates aside from Jeff Garcia would have cared.

And find me one of McNabb's TEAMMATES that has dissed him. You hear about reporters writing articles but none of the criticisms of McNabb have been made by teammates. However, Bradie James had no issues calling out TO.

And then find one quote that McNabb made about TO that was not in response to anything TO said. Show me a quote that has McNabb taking the offensive and dissing TO while he was with the Eagles? So it's McNabb's fault for saying he believes his team can still win without TO? Give me a break! That's his job! His team is about to enter the playoffs and he is trying to inspire confidence by saying they can still do it, they aren't handicapped. He in no way was trying to put down TO. That statement in no way puts down TO. TO is just a freaking baby and made that an issue when it didn't have to be.

And speaking of history, what about TO's assault on Jefff Garcia. Is Garcia secretly a bad guy too. What did Garcia do to deserve TO's wraith? Is Garcia a little whiny baby that deserved it. So TO has no track record in your mind of ever being a whiny little pissant.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1352993 said:
Get off the stupid Hate stuff I do think these are legit question that a possible 1st time HC could very well be dealing with. As for Romo loving the guy well Romo is not going to be named HC and you get a guy like Rivera who is to say how much non-sense he will put up with in his 1st job as a HC? As for Parcells he would blow off TO and refused to talk about him, will the next HC as he is dealing with question each day or will he be willing to speak his mind after all TO has no issue saying what is on his but has not reacted well when others have spoke their mind regarding him.

Then you and I can agree to disagree. But the hate or whatever it is you have against Owens is clouding things a bit. At least that is how some of the posts are coming across. Sorry!

BTW:

Where in this entire thread does anyone say.

"Let Owens run the team"

Nowhere - thats where.

The team needs a strong leader. Turner doesn't even have an L in his name anywhere. :D

What folks are saying is this. You have to know how to handle Ownes. BP did. What's wrong with that?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1353000 said:
Your right it was all McNabb. Funny how it is always someone else but never Little T. :rolleyes:

I did not say that, .. but I don't think it was all Owens either.:rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dallas;1353009 said:
Then you and I can agree to disagree. But the hate or whatever it is you have against Owens is clouding things a bit. At least that is how some of the posts are coming across. Sorry!

BTW:

Where in this entire thread does anyone say.

"Let Owens run the team"

Nowhere - thats where.

The team needs a strong leader. Turner doesn't even have an L in his name anywhere. :D

What folks are saying is this. You have to know how to handle Ownes. BP did. What's wrong with that?

You want a strong leader fine I agree and should Rivera or Singletary were to say I can't deal with TO would you support that HC? Being a leader does not mean that you will tolerate BS and there are many coaches who would not tolerate TO.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1353007 said:
Give me a freaking break. It may have been a team rule but it was pretty stupid for Andy Reid not to allow Donovan McNabb to travel with the team. If anything, he should be honored. A lot of players would see that as an opportunity to be lazy and take some RR. However, McNabb is passionate about winning and his team and he wanted to travel with them.

And then find one quote that McNabb made about TO that was not in response to anything TO said. Show me a quote that has McNabb dissing TO. So it's McNabb's fault for saying he believes his team can still win without TO? Give me a break! That's his job! His team is about to enter the playoffs and he is trying to inspire confidence by saying they can still do it, they aren't handicapped. That statement in no way puts down TO. TO is just a freaking baby and made that an issue when no other receiver including Randy Moss would have cared.

Its the team rule. Why do people have issues with policy? Everyone is all ok with it in the beginning of the year. Nobody has problems with it until they are the ones who have to deal with it.

Nobody before was allowed to travel after they were put on IR but Reid is the bad guy because he told DM no. Get real.

If you dont like the rules. Don't be on the flippin team. You do not adjust rules because it is your starting QB. Was it a big deal? Nope - but it is team policy and I am one who is a stickler about following policy. When you do - there is no room for speculation and favoritism. Just like in this case.

No FAVORITISM MCNABB!!! HAHA !!!

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1353007 said:
Give me a freaking break. It may have been a team rule but it was pretty stupid for Andy Reid not to allow Donovan McNabb to travel with the team. If anything, he should be honored. A lot of players would see that as an opportunity to be lazy and take some RR. A lot of players refuse to travel with the team when they are asked. McNabb gets mad because he wasn't allowed to come. However, McNabb is passionate about winning and his team and he wanted to travel with them. Do you think the Cowboys would have ever done that to Troy Aikman? McNabb is their leader and he wanted to there with his teammates in spirit.

And find me one of McNabb's TEAMMATES that has dissed him. You hear about reporters writing articles but none of the criticisms of McNabb have been made by teammates. However, Bradie James had no issues calling out TO.

And then find one quote that McNabb made about TO that was not in response to anything TO said. Show me a quote that has McNabb dissing TO. So it's McNabb's fault for saying he believes his team can still win without TO? Give me a break! That's his job! His team is about to enter the playoffs and he is trying to inspire confidence by saying they can still do it, they aren't handicapped. That statement in no way puts down TO. TO is just a freaking baby and made that an issue when no other receiver including Randy Moss would have cared.

McNabb told Owens to shut the F up in the huddle and then told the media that we don't need him and can win without him.

If that is leadership to you then it is no wonder we disagree.

McNabb got jealous of Owens when he was not the biggest story in Philthy, the same as he just did with Garcia.

McNabb wanted them to tank without him, you could tell that in his facial expression and his half-hearted fist pump when their FG beat the Giants.

It is obvious that McNabb is not innocent in all of this.

He has you fooled though.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
THUMPER;1352995 said:
I am praying that whoever the HC is he will dump Owens. We don't need the guy and no HC needs that headache.

lol what exactly did owens do last yr? he wore a bike jersey during training camp? took a pill? true he spt on a player. but is anybody really mad at who he sit at? lol hall is one of the bigger ****** bags in the nfl.

im not saying owens is a saint but what did he do that was so wrong last yr?

seems like people are still with a stick up their u know what because he was on the star. he did it last yr too at texas stadium and the crowd went crazy.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1352891 said:
I have yet to see any coach really handle TO, other than getting rid of him or suspending him for part of a season...and I doubt I will.
Parcells handled him just fine.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Holy Moly.

He was handled this past season?

You could argue he was handled as best as can be expected, and that coming from a HC that has a record of handling some tough players...the exact opposite of Norv.

However even with that to act like he was not a distraction or did not do things that were purely ego driven and silly are just flat out denial.

Look...I am not saying he tore the team apart or something that extreme, but by the same time let's not act like he did nothing that he should not have done.

As I said before, with TO it is always something different and I don't believe any coach will be able to keep TO on the straight and narrow and to just shut his mouth and play.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1353042 said:
Parcells handled him just fine.

Really?

You mean TO never missed any team meetings?
Never Fell asleep in meetings?
Never said things about snitches in the Media?
Never said anything about not getting the ball enough?
Never said anything about not getting involved early enough?
Never made national attention by taking too many pills by accident?
Never talked to the media about Bill not checking up on him after the accident?
Never has stomped or yelled on the Sidelines?

Bill did not really handle him...he just ignored him.

By Handle him I mean to get the guy to just play and shut up and do stupid things.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1353055 said:
Really?

You mean TO never missed any team meetings? I would expect most players miss an occasional meeting.
Never Fell asleep in meetings? Most people nod off or fail to pay attention in meetings.
Never said things about snitches in the Media? Uh...so?
Never said anything about not getting the ball enough? Uh...so?
Never said anything about not getting involved early enough? Uh...so?
Never made national attention by taking too many pills by accident? Seriously? Are you using this as an example of Parcells not handling Owens? Seriously, Clak?
Never talked to the media about Bill not checking up on him after the accident? Is Parcells his nanny? He was asked a question about whether Parcells contacted him. He answered honestly.
Never has stomped or yelled on the Sidelines? OH NOES!!! HE STOMPED ON THE SIDELINE!!!

Bill did not really handle him...he just ignored him.

By Handle him I mean to get the guy to just play and shut up and do stupid things.
Somebody really bought into the hype.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
You are right, it will always be something with TO if the media continues to call him out, ridicule and berate him for things like, .. pulling a hamstring, .. breaking a bone in his hand, .. getting a penalty, .. tearing a tendon in his finger, .. wearing a bike shirt, .. dropping a pass, on and on.

Those things are nothing, they happen on every team.

Whatever happened in SF or Philthy did not happen here, that is a good thing.